Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A parade of excellent hats during the week. Compliments to everyone!
Today it's time for a grey Flechet
View attachment 17585
Yesterday afternoon there was a storm on Verona with hail (common in this area)
View attachment 17588
Now there is a pale sun and around 18° C degrees
View attachment 17586
The Flechet (old new stock) is little stiff without linen. The fur felt is medium hairy and the ribbon is "en pendant" with the color of hat.
View attachment 17587
It is waterproof and the shape is EU oriented

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Very sharp looking young Man with a great looking Fedora. Happy Birthday wishes from myself and from Daniel.

Thanks so much!! :)

Happy B-day ANA!

Thank you, Perry! I appreciate it!! My cousin, who shares the same birthday as I do, is also named Perry. :) He turned 50!!

A&A you, sir, have the look perfected, and that's not just because you have reached the age of credibility; it's the CAV!! P.S. Check in with your wife on that credibility thing...

You, sir, are hilarious!! :cool: Had a good laugh with that one. Funny, I've been checking in with my wife for years about that, but she has yet to give me an answer. [huh]

My Akubra Campdraft (bluegrass) kept me comfy even when a rain storm soaked the dogs and I.

I first thought that was a flecked or heathered hat, until I read the actual post. Nice, Eric!!

Happy birthday A-n-A!

'Preciate it!! I'm looking forward to another year of good health, good life, and great hats!! :yo:

AnA, I still love that Cavanagh!

Thanks, dude. It's from the '30s, but it still looks brand new up close. Unfortunately, it is missing the liner. :( I like the NWH Bogart; Mike did a great job!! :thumb:

AnA, happy birthday! Hope it was a great one, just like your choice of hat!

It was, indeed, a great one. Got to sleep in and see my kids off to school and then went out to dinner with the family. The local Italian restaurant gives a free meal on your birthday. They have delicious food, so I didn't want to pass it up!! :hungry:

Hope you had a great birthday yesterday, AnA - that Cav is probably my favorite of your hats.

I enjoy wearing it and showing it to the 'Lounge! I had a GREAT day.

Your Borso looks pretty similar to my Stetson lightweight, aside from the ribbon. Nice!!

Beautiful Mallory Garrett!!

+1. That's an incredible hat, Garrett!

And cheers to the Bantam, Harv! Killer hat.

Happy birthday alive n amplified! You beat me by three months.

Wish we could go back in age every once and a while!!

...happy birthday AnA.

Thank you, Alan. I really enjoyed the day. I love the Stetson, by the way! :thumb:

Joao, that blue is a sharp color!

+1 !

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Wore my Falcon Park granite yesterday. It's been a short while since I've worn it...

84C245F0.jpg

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
AnA that Falcon Park is Sharp!

DJH. That Tumwater looks great on you.

Greg, your collection is really filling out nicely, I'm jealous. :) That Capas looks good on you and that 100x from yesterday was especially nice.

I'm wearing my Scala derby today. I'm still trying to find a Vintage derby that will properly fit my LO oversized head properly, until then this inexpensive wool one will have to do.
74e7260a2acc317e10c63a27d45c508e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Hatophile, you must be psychic, I was just now looking at purchasing a
Derby called the Masterson.
5bdb5a9fd63dffed6789038e74fd90c9.jpg

http://www.thelastbestwest.com/old_west_hats.

What I really want to do is get to Buckaroo Hatters sometime soon and get one one made. But that's going to have to wait until I can make the trip up there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Put on an 1880's suit, that derby and you'd be a spitting image.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
My Minnesota, USA will see a high of 55'F today. Enjoying the very quiet lake view this morning in my VS Whippet inspired fedora (moss green).

i-5JvZ5p2-S.jpg
i-8pSbPns-S.jpg

Albert Camus said "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." The leaf flowers are not far away.

Best, Eric -

Yesteryear

One of the Regulars
Nice hats today everybody!

You look good in that derby Scott. I think Scala hats have a nice quality-to-price ratio, I have their straw boater.

Quite a coincidence all this derby hat talk, I had ordered one from 'Hats in the Belfry' several days ago and it just arrived today! :D
I also saw a nice beaver felt one at an antique shop, but it was way too small on me.:(

Last edited:

m0nk

One Too Many
Nice wooly umbrella Joao.
Great crease on that Northwest Monk.
Beautiful Huckel Steve.
You look ready to drive, Richard.
Just caught back up... takes a day or two... haha.

Thanks! I creased both this one and the FPH hat I mentioned to look as close to my take on a Bogart crease as I could figure. I have a vintage Lee that's very similar, but the center bump isn't as prominent because it's not as tall of a crown. These custom hats are 5 3/4" where my Lee is only 5 1/2".

And more great hats all! I love when I get the chance to come back and see so many that I've never seen before. And it brightens my day to see hats I haven't seen in a while, like your Mallory Garrett!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran