Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm... what kind of underhanded compliment is that...? :)

The same as I used to tell my Aunt at Thanksgiving (Much better than last year!) It took her ten years for her to finally understand. You got it right away, Bob. I knew I was safe with you! Feel free to use the line, no footnoting required. Try it on a clergy after a mass or service (much better than last week...). Let me know of other applications, too, please. Have fun!!

JBucklin it's always good to see you and your lids, sir! May I suggest that you buy TWO hats this year?!

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
The same as I used to tell my Aunt at Thanksgiving (Much better than last year!) It took her ten years for her to finally understand. You got it right away, Bob. I knew I was safe with you! Feel free to use the line, no footnoting required. Try it on a clergy after a mass or service (much better than last week...). Let me know of other applications, too, please. Have fun!!

JBucklin it's always good to see you and your lids, sir! May I suggest that you buy TWO hats this year?!
Very safe and very funny too my Xfriend... :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Esther- When I first called Greg to inquire about his products, he mailed me a string of color swatches and a list explaining sizes, color availability by fur type and options for finishes(silk or shag, or regular nap). He also sent a couple of sample bodies to play with to see if I liked the product. Also, info on a limited selection of good rayon-cotton grosgrain available by the 50 yard spool only.
hatsRme- TY for the compliment! Yes, being straw, it is considerably "cooler" than my felts.:)

g.durand

One Too Many
Lots of nice lids lately, everyone. After a couple of busy days I'm able to sit down and post.

An afternoon out with a Stetson 3X Open Road.
IMG_4333%201_zpskwwcbon4.jpg

Last edited:

XB234C

New in Town
Renault, now that's a hat with character!
Charlie, another fine straw, sir.
S4C, love those Caxtons - what's the brim width on that clone?
Dave, another +1 on the conversion. Brim looks good.
And Esther - terrific post, terrific hats! You're fitting right in here, and it's great to get your perspective on things. You obviously share our enthusiasm!

Another cool morning today in Ohio, where I've made the trip from Dayton to our Columbus campus to work and hold very important meetings today. Temps in the 70s today, and my D'Aquino MkII on hovering over my pate.

View attachment 33966

What kind of hat is that?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Ok,,,,, here's what I'm wearing today. Y'all seen it before. But it's a bit dirtier now. This is my standard out in the pasture work hat. I wear it shopping to town. With the railroad britches. I find that people in the grocery store tend to leave me alone!
Loads of character on that one.
Love those really worn hats.

TPD166

One Too Many
With a slim chance of rain, I take that as an excuse to wear my Heritage-grade Campdraft in Moonstone.

I could not get the camera to cooperate for a color head shot - but everyone would prefer to look at just the hat anyway - this has become a favorite of mine.

Last edited:
What kind of hat is that?

It's a D'Aquino, they're made by elves in a hollow tree. No, wait. That's cookies, sorry. They come from Portugal and can be custom ordered on Etsy. Here is a link to the Etsy shop.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DaquinoHats?ref=pr_faveshops

First, however, I'd suggest you read through this thread, "Anyone know anything about this hatmaker Daquino?"

I refer to it as the Mk II because it's the second hat I've worked with Ms. Luisa to have made. You'll see throughout the thread that I'm pretty enthusiastic about her work and the hats I've gotten.

Michael, that OR looks great. A nice, subtle color.

Today, I'm putting the second Dalton I refurbed over the weekend to work. It's a really neat color. The last two photos look brown; however, the first photos of me wearing it are more accurate on the color palette. It's an unusual shade of grey-green. the ribbon is stained a bit, but I'm taking the advice of one of the FL members (sorry, I forget who) and leaving it for "character enhancement."

IMG_1032.JPG IMG_1041.JPG
IMG_1045.JPG IMG_1046.JPG

And of course, nice brims, Joao - I've commented on that Stagecoach before. I like the brim treatment on that.
Killer Strat, S4C!

javadave61

Practically Family
S4C, it IS a great hat day. Nice Strat!

Michael, crisp look as always. Makes every hat I have look frumpy. :)

Joao, that Ringo is gorgeous. Just perfect.

Robert, is that moonstone really that blue?

Fruno, a Dalton in Dayton is always a home run.

Bluegrass Green Campdraft for me today.

2015-08-13_07.37.20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy