Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been catching up on some really great hats over the last couple of days.

The new Cane Rod Maker is fantastic, Gabe Long!

Akubra Safari

322f68af7df9ac439da3cf7bd280e466.jpg

Great shot, Harv. You're looking a little like that guy who beat Cool Hand Luke's @ss.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
MMBarnes the Adam homburg is fantastic!
I like very much the brim so curved at the side and the straight crown
Thanks, Daniele. I love those attributes, too. They really seem to make the hat ideal for casual wear... a bit more "hip" than the ones with a straighter flange. It also has very thin, but very dense felt. I hope that will make it comfortable well into the Spring.

From what I understand, Adam made a practice of marketing to the younger crowd. I wonder if that is the market they had in mind with this one. Of course, earlier homburgs had a much tighter curl, so maybe the opposite was true and they were aiming for the older gentlemen. Regardless, I suspect that it will be getting a lot of head time.

By the way... Great looking Meer. I need to get some European hats! Yours are always fun to see.
Take care.

Matt

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Alan.
My father is in a facility for the elderly.
It is about thirty kilometers from my house and it's located in Sant'Anna dal Faedo in the mountains north of Verona.
s58c2q.jpg

The village some years ago
I believe that a visit at least once a week is a duty for a man in the twilight of his life.
Until August he had the Borsalino on the head every day, now it is impossible for his poor health.
Have ended by then also my discussions with him about the hats
That's the life!

foamy

A-List Customer
I had originally ordered a Racine. It fell down to my ears and while I liked the hat, girlie-girl told me it didn't go with my complexion. So, when I sent it back, I asked for the Grand Central, she likes it much better. Not only that, in the same size—a much better fit. Unfortunately, I hadn't figured out hat bashing. This was all a mistake that I aim to correct at some future point. I like it, but not as much as I could. This hat, despite my bash, has a great feel and fit.
1:26:16-1.jpg

foamy

A-List Customer
Flight cancellations, re-bookings, traveling way west then home with a stop over in Chicago, IL. finally to to Minnesota finds me in warmish 25'F weather with light snow (<3" expected today). I wore my Dobbs Cross Country this morning. Lovely hat. Just lovely.
Deciding whether to wear a cap for evening practice, Eric -
Brother, you don't need a hat to look good. You do. However, your good taste, only compliments your good looks. Your hat wearing sensibilities, are similar to my own. I just don't pull it off as well as you. Carry on.

foamy

A-List Customer
Lol. When I picked up the Racine, my wife said, oh that goes well with your complexion. The sad part is, I knew that already. It's why I had my eye on it in the first place.
Funny, isn't it? I liked the little bit of extra brim and the color of the ribbon. But when the missus speaks-up (and she doesn't often), I take it seriously. You look great in it.

During the Summer months, I'm often asked directions in Spanish. I can only attribute that to general comportment and skin-tone.

I had originally ordered a Racine. It fell down to my ears and while I liked the hat, girlie-girl told me it didn't go with my complexion. So, when I sent it back, I asked for the Grand Central, she likes it much better. Not only that, in the same size—a much better fit. Unfortunately, I hadn't figured out hat bashing. This was all a mistake that I aim to correct at some future point. I like it, but not as much as I could. This hat, despite my bash, has a great feel and fit.
View attachment 42995

SUPER bash, Foamy! I already like it, but if you're not happy, bash away!

Today is a special day. I've upgraded my phone... really. Wearing the Dobbs!
Before, and after. I've got some learning to do!
DSC03362.jpg

foamy

A-List Customer
SUPER bash, Foamy! I already like it, but if you're not happy, bash away!

Today is a special day. I've upgraded my phone... really. Wearing the Dobbs!
Before, and after. I've got some learning to do!
Thanks, hats! Love the pinch-less Dobbs. A good looking no-pinch fedora is hard to come by.

As far as the phone, yeah, there's a learning curve. "Luxury, once tasted, becomes necessity."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24