Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Akubra Federation. Imperial grade. Tawny Fawn.
f501f8b57e37632439da173cc907dece.jpg
b6f2c387184e1c97508f6e82cf7b0451.jpg
c5b37e1d9393ee9d5bdb9ac15e39594f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It's always the same: "What shall I wear?" We went to a vintage fair today, Tina can never make her mind up, in the end she settled for red & black. The straw she bought for a pittance. It was misshapen, looked very tired and worn out. She reshaped it to a completely new shape, gave it a good clean and hey presto:
vf1.jpg
She made the dress from an original 1930's dress pattern, and, of course, you have to wear authentic, period, seamed stockings, (taken clandestinely.)
vf2.jpg
With her wearing red, I had to match that, with a maroon blazer. Originally I planned to wear a pair of herringbone, grey trousers, with a grey Stetson and oxblood spectator shoes. But I saw the cream, pure wool Oxfords that I haven't worn for ages, can't resist them. (Must remember to check if the trouser bottoms are wrapped around my shoelace.) The grey Stetson didn't match the cream pants the way a straw does, well maybe it's the straw's colour. I kept the oxbloods. We deliberated on taking the MG, but in the end decided that it was a tad too far for the old car.
vf3.jpg
Shame really, we would have all been colour coordinated.
j-o-q.jpg

foamy

A-List Customer
Thanks, Foamy. I really love their classic design. And after looking at some of your pics, I think you would be able to absolutely crush the derby look.

Vintage brown ones (that aren't sized for microcephalics) are hard as heck to find. I've been pining for one for a while.

If you can't find a brown or snuff colored one, and you get the hankering for black, you can find some really high quality vintage ones on the bay for very reasonable prices.

Enjoy.
Thanks for the encouragement. I'll be looking around, but I have rotten luck with the bay. But hey, you never know. You have some great hats!

Saturday was a Grand Central day. I like this hat—it's the best fit I have. I'm not so sure it likes me.

Grand Central.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Between estate sales we popped in to see a buddy of mine who's brewery opens next month.

Sampling the merchandise here :)

Beer lovers look up Twin Elephant Brewery and support.

...yeah still wearing the Royal Deluxe.
apologies if the pics are sideways.. Been happening lately

58a6b7b50b292d308e4d0c90e889c216.jpg

c001a6749a766c6cb51660a53ee933b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Between estate sales we popped in to see a buddy of mine who's brewery opens next month.

They aren't "sideways." Are you...?

EstherWeis

Vendor

What a lovely family! Hope that your wife & baby are doing well.

Ohh breweries! Those are so much fun.
We have a national visit a brewery day here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass