Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
What alto you blowin' there, Bowlerman? Kick myself every time I think about my 60's Mark VI Selmer I let go...

I'm going to wear my Panama hat again today. Forecast says 101F degrees. Blech.

Wish I had a Mark VI! I played my band director's 1960s Mark VI while in high school. Mine is a Yamaha custom 62 from around 1993. I have the stock neck but prefer my silver plated one. Saxophone is my 3rd priority but I've always loved this horn.

Mooontheloon--- beautiful brownie! And yes, we take what we can get around here! Moonlighting for freelance work in South Dakota can be difficult.

I'm wearing my Carlson homburg on this dreary but refreshingly not sweltering day.

53c39dbdea3bf169578ff59cf0ed1359.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EstherWeis

Vendor
Wish I had a Mark VI! I played my band director's 1960s Mark VI while in high school. Mine is a Yamaha custom 62 from around 1993. I have the stock neck but prefer my silver plated one. Saxophone is my 3rd priority but I've always loved this horn.

Mooontheloon--- beautiful brownie! And yes, we take what we can get around here! Moonlighting for freelance work in South Dakota can be difficult.

I'm wearing my Carlson homburg on this dreary but refreshingly not sweltering day.

53c39dbdea3bf169578ff59cf0ed1359.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a beautiful color!
And that looks pretty tasty! What is it?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Still miserably hot here today. T-storm tonight maybe. Dobbs Milan
P1190754 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And then a hat style from the 1820's that I hear has been in the realm of reenactors and the distaff side of late.
P1190749 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1190748 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
The back bow sailor hat. I'm thinking of adding a leather sweat and cleaning the ribbon and pressing it into hot weather service. But probably not before next year.
P1190751 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Great colors on that hat bowlerman.

Michael

mageofthesands

New in Town
I finally have a hat. Two hats, in fact. This is the second hat, not often worn. (It doesn't fit. I'm a 7 3/8) I was wearing the main hat to work, and a co-worker said that she had a lot of unused hats in the antic and wanted to know if I was interested. I was, and she gave this to me. Even with its faults, it is a better hat than I should have.

dobbs.jpg dobbs2.jpg

dobbs4.jpg dobbs3.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That's a beautiful color!
And that looks pretty tasty! What is it?

Thank you! It was a rather delicious tomato basil bisque. I could easily have slurped down another bowl.

Michael A-- thanks, and that is a sweet bow on the reenactment straw hat-- that is a great look for you!

hurricane Jack-- Really nice Stratoversary hat. If I may ask the tangential question: what are you puffing and what kind of pipe are you puffing on?

hurricane Jack-- Really nice Stratoversary hat. If I may ask the tangential question: what are you puffing and what kind of pipe are you puffing on?
It's cooled down enough to put me in the mood for an English blend so I reached for some of Bowswell's Northwoods, in an old square shanked Savinelli 512KS pot. The Sav is a favorite for English blend tobaccos.

SurfGent

Suspended
I haven't been able to wear a hat for a few weeks due to working in my shop but I ran out back to the shed today and had time to put on my Stetson canvas hunting hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails