Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
On the first day of Setember... a Stagecoach.
20160901.jpg
Darn it had to be THAT Stagecoach Joao ?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
my friend. as you can tell, I don't speak Portuguese worth a hoot
No problem. ;)
Portuguese it's a bit hard to learn. Even I don't quite understand it all and I live here, tried to learn it in 12 years ;)
And nowadays they (the government) is trying to make it harder with the "CPLP" orthographic agreement by dropping letters on some words like:

facto (fact) now is written as fato (suit)
acto (act) now is written as ato (tie as tie a knot)

They say it's to minimize differences between the members of CPLP union... -.-'

Last edited:

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
No problem. ;)
Portuguese it's a bit hard to learn. Even I don't quite understand it all and I live here, tried to learn it in 12 years ;)
And nowadays they (the government) is trying to make it harder with the "CPLP" orthographic agreement by dropping letters on some words like:

IMHO they are making it more confusing. People like me that went to elementary school back in the 80's having to learn to write again... :/

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
No problem. ;)

I have a hard enough time with Spanish... and the different accents from my wife (Ecuador), my brother in law (Dominican Republic), the locals here (mostly from Mexico), and the Cubans (wow!) and Guatemalans. Some drop the last 1 or 2 parts of words as well, especially my friends from Cuba... como estas becomes com-eta, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner