Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewJack

Practically Family
Amazing showings today! Paying 'homage' to Tumwater today. If it had a wrapper, I'd probably take a bite!

Attachments

• IMG_3009.jpg
    IMG_3009.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 108

PapaDoc

New in Town
Sorry about the phone, maybe that poor soul needed it more than you, may God bless him with all that he needs, and may God bless you 70 times 7 what he blesses him.

Now....enjoy your hat !!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
I like the way you think about the missing phone Chamuco :). Do you like your Balmoral better than the Zephyr? I ordered the Zephyr after seeing yours a few months ago and although I love its look, I am not completely sold on the "feel" of the spun Polypropylene material.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Has anyone ever tried this to see if it's functional? Seems to me it would be a little awkward.

The wind cords do work for me. Winds whipped up across the lake lift my felts or straws frequently. Rather than wear the hats tugged low and tight on my head, I have been using the wind cords on the hats that have them. Once I got used to putting the cord out of my vision and getting it secured to my jacket or shirt it works. I have had a couple of vintage cords break, but they kept the hats from blowing away. Quick grab and the straw or felt did not get damaged. You can purchase wind cords and add them to hats.

Try the wind cords out. Like most of the hat attire stuff once you make it work for you, you are hooked. Once I head from my neighborhood back into the city I put the cord back onto the hat. It is not needed and I tire quickly of folks asking about the sting on my hat.

Here is a pic from a recent windy day. The wind cord did it's job. My hat blew off my head when I abruptly turned not the wind and poked up to see a bird of prey. The wind was unable to "prey" on my hat and sweep it into the water.

i-8T9QDCG-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I like the way you think about the missing phone Chamuco :). Do you like your Balmoral better than the Zephyr? I ordered the Zephyr after seeing yours a few months ago and although I love its look, I am not completely sold on the "feel" of the spun Polypropylene material.
Hey Papa,

I just learned from life, I have got some hard hits and after that you change most of your views about life.

The Zephyr is a great hat it doesn't look synthetic at all, but yes, straight questions demand straight answers, yes I do like the Balmoral a little bit more than the Zephyr, it is,my favorite straw Akubra.

My advice, get both, shipping from Sam is almost the same for 1, 2 or 3 hats.

Anyway I bet you will love the Zephyr....

All the best.

Rodolfo

Happy New Year to everyone!

There's been not enough time to review the astounding display of hats over the last couple of days, but I'll get there.

Ready for a little spiritual awakening (or something to that effect) wearing a Custom Hatter of Buffalo (NY) stingy with a genuine Cavanagh edge. This was made for me from old stock (Borsalino) felt, and sports Gary White's "signature" bow.
DSC06924.jpg DSC06926.jpg DSC06927.jpg DSC06929.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

There's been not enough time to review the astounding display of hats over the last couple of days, but I'll get there.

Ready for a little spiritual awakening (or something to that effect) wearing a Custom Hatter of Buffalo (NY) stingy with a genuine Cavanagh edge. This was made for me from old stock (Borsalino) felt, and sports Gary White's "signature" bow.
View attachment 57652 View attachment 57653 View attachment 57654 View attachment 57655
Outstanding!

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 57652 View attachment 57653 View attachment 57654 View attachment 57655
Great hat to begin the year Charlie !! Happy new year to everybody, may it be full of blessings, success, happiness and health !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy