Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
The excellence of hats here continues, and may have even spiked today!

Quick late night holla following a great day with surgery at 7:30 am, then home by 12:05 pm; everything went well. All still a miracle to me; orthoscopic rotator repair.

From the files, I wore an Artlite stingy in sahara.
I echo the sentiments. I'm very glad to read that the surgery went well. Here's to a speedy recovery.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
8e4990f43e41fdd85d22a6208c89eefe.jpg
Sweet! What a ribbon! Lovely on so many different levels...

Yippiee!! Discovered the multiquote tool... love it!

Thank you Redfokker, I'm sure there's still hope for your wife! ;)
The Spanish Hat Makers and Milliners Association does an event every year in Madrid at the Fashion Museum where there are lots of hats and people just get to try them on and "play" with them, with professionals next to them to give the right advice, people go nuts... we need more events like that worldwide, it's the only way to get people hooked on hats because people have simply lost the habit of wearing them and often don't know how to go about it. That's the only way for them to find out that there is a hat that looks great on them... some people are easy and anything looks good on them but for others it's trickier, but there is always a hat that's right for a person. Some pics of that event: https://www.flickr.com/photos/32756983@N02/albums/72157674821433112

That is very cool, nice to see so many well-hatted, smiling people. Thanks for sharing.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Mossant hat from the late sixties made in France
f2jacm.jpg

Color is "chinè orage" (storm heather)
33lcazc.jpg

Lievre (hare) in medium heather grey felt very soft
k3688h.jpg

We often talk of felt and its colors
ouxqax.jpg

These are the shades that a magnificent felt, finished in a medium-haired, produces in the shade or in the sun
n5mwz8.jpg

Thanks for the likes on the "modern" Tirard of yesterday

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I think this will be a more than one hat day. First I wanted to see what this Mallory (Stetson) I've been slowly working on looks like.
P1220123 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1220124 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I shrank, is that a word?, it a couple of sizes and resized the sweat. And sanded, is ponced what you call it?, some of the surface fading/stains out.
P1220125 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I guess now it's ready for some alternate ribbon treatments.
P1220121 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Glad to hear the surgery went well Charlie. We need your pungent critique of the hat show.

Michael

The excellence of hats here continues, and may have even spiked today!

Quick late night holla following a great day with surgery at 7:30 am, then home by 12:05 pm; everything went well. All still a miracle to me; orthoscopic rotator repair.

From the files, I wore an Artlite stingy in sahara.
Glad to hear all went well. I may be going through the same thing. I'll find out today at 3:00. I'm going to wear my stingy as well! Kind of a statement of medical costs...

Mossant hat from the late sixties made in France
f2jacm.jpg

Color is "chinè orage" (storm heather)
33lcazc.jpg

Lievre (hare) in medium heather grey felt very soft
k3688h.jpg

We often talk of felt and its colors
ouxqax.jpg

These are the shades that a magnificent felt, finished in a medium-haired, produces in the shade or in the sun
n5mwz8.jpg

Thanks for the likes on the "modern" Tirard of yesterday
Another great hat with a special finish! It dances in the light. I would love to feel that felt, looks so luxurious.

I think this will be a more than one hat day. First I wanted to see what this Mallory (Stetson) I've been slowly working on looks like.
P1220123 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1220124 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I shrank, is that a word?, it a couple of sizes and resized the sweat. And sanded, is ponced what you call it?, some of the surface fading/stains out.
P1220125 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I guess now it's ready for some alternate ribbon treatments.
P1220121 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Glad to hear the surgery went well Charlie. We need your pungent critique of the hat show.

Michael
Great looking western! That jacket is butter! I dream that it is soft and supple to the touch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW