Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwkslvr

One of the Regulars
Homburg

Great hat Dinerman! If I read aright, it's just my size.
I'm looking for my first Homburg. I just ordered Tilley's Winter hat in charcoal-gray, and a Homburg is going to be my next hat purchase. I'm going to make it my best hat to date. Having a bit of trouble finding just the right color in my size.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Some very nice hats!

Another great variety of hats the past few days. I like 'em all! :eusa_clap

Mr. Lucky, I like the ribbon treatment on yours, and AlanC, how wonderful it must be to be able to wear your grandfather's hat!

Yesterday I wore one of my Champ Featherweights.

10Sep07ChampFeatherweight.jpg

Last evening I started a new job as an Adult Education instructor at the local Joint Vocational School. I'm teaching the Computer Service and Repair track. The sad thing is that I'm teaching in the very field I could not find work in around here as there isn't much work to be had in any field, so my students will run into a similar problem. Well, except that they won't run into the "You're overqualified for this position" I heard so many times due to my extensive management background.

Last night I was told that I shouldn't wear a suit; I wasn't, I was wearing business casual in the form of a sport coat, dress shirt, Dilbert tie, and nice trousers and shoes. We're supposed to be preparing these students for a career, with the goal being a job in their field after graduation. To that end I'm going to set the example. I may also wear Dockers and a polo shirt to class from time to time as that is a more likely work wardrobe for them, but if I do they'll look good. ;)

Cheers,
Tom

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Tango Yankee, You've really got it together with that outfit. You, Sir, know how to put the hat with the suit, and it shows! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is a great look Tango and it is important to lead by example. Dman always looks good, and yes tall crowns rule fishmeok.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mallory Aristocrat Quality

DSCN6099.jpg

DSCN6103.jpg

After I took this hat out today I realized that Art's blue fedora with the burnt rust colored ribbon would have gone better with the colors I am wearing today. Oh well, next time

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'm growing the sideburns back in. Planning on letting them grow in big and bushy. Muttonchops? not quite yet, but I may give it a shot.;)

The vest is probably '70s, but if you don't look too closely, it does the trick.

Douglas, that Mallory is great. The color really goes nicely.

And thanks,all.

towndrunk

New in Town
My brand new Fed Deluxe. First day out today and it was a downpour. Worked great though. Kept the rain off my spectacles and my bald head dry. I'd have a better pic, but I am sitting at a coffee shop and the camera is attached to my Mac.

cheers

Photo9.jpg

nulty

One of the Regulars
bush funeral home cortland NY

Dinerman said:

Dinerman..I used to live down the street from that place..it burned down a few years ago...it was right in front of the Cemetery on Tompkins street... If I remember, we talked a little when you bought the hat.. that or you have another hat in your cache from a funeral home in Cortland....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner