Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Like that Moorelite. Is that the same color that Mike made himself, kinda like a real light grey?

Memphis, thanks! I had originally thought it was Bone, but I have since been able to compare it with some of Mike's shelf hats, and it turns out it's Silverbelly.

Hato, thanks to you as well. I really like the 10X. It's stiff but the felt is very soft to the touch. This is the Outback Trading Company's "Bush Pilot" oilskin jacket, for the college student who can't yet get a quality repro lol.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Ok, silverbelly, wow, i guess throwing a grey ribbon makes it look greyer. MIke's looks like a very light grey (maybe equal to the Dove color that Rabbit has in his Art hats) and it was sharp, and I tried it on since it was hanging on a mannequin.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Neo, I never tire of seeing that Moorelite. It's just a sweet lid.
splintercellsz, excellent hommie, homie!
Nice change of pace with that wide brimmed 25, David!
and that Biltmore OR in fawn is really sharp, hatto!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Ok, silverbelly, wow, i guess throwing a grey ribbon makes it look greyer. MIke's looks like a very light grey (maybe equal to the Dove color that Rabbit has in his Art hats) and it was sharp, and I tried it on since it was hanging on a mannequin.

To avoid confusion, the standard Winchester Silverbelly is one color, and the Dove made by Winchester exclusively for Art is another color. Very different, in fact. I can only recommend to get some swatches; montors are deceiving unless you already are familiar with the actual felt.
The lightweight Silverbelly may not be the exact same shade as the dress weight but I haven't noticed a difference - I own both a dress weight and a lightweight Silverbelly.
The standard Winchester felts are used by many custom hatters.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
The New Moon

I love my Minnesota Winters, but I was pining for Summer this past Friday evening after bringing home this 1920s Malrov Feather Weight from a seller less than two miles from our house! Earliest, best fitting and most comfortable straw boater I have, in fantastic original condition, and with exquisite details. Marked as a 7-1/2, an exceedingly rare size for straw boaters.

Welcoming the New Moon on Saturday. OPTIMO Natural Beaver Belly.

Back to school on Sunday(for Ryan). OPTIMO Natural Beaver Belly once again.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
turkey season already? I like the band on that journeyman.

Al... Bravo! :eusa_clap
I can't tell you how excited I am to see so many wonderful photos of my favorite hat in your collection: that lovely St. Regis!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A 7.5 boater! Nice score :eusa_clap.

Love that Optimo natural, gorgeous and suits you to a T. BTW, where'd that Tungsten go? I haven't seen it in forever.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Terrific hats today, everyone!

memphislawyer, that hat looks great on you! Nice color and dimensions. It's great to have a few different styles in your collection. Stetson, right? Don't let your higher crowned hats get lonely!! :)

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Bought a new trench for upcoming travels. Testing it out on a cold afternoon dog walk.
imageybcm.jpg

1950's Stetson St. Regis

Trying to decide which couple of hats to take with me and which ones go into storage. Very difficult decision!

That's going to be a tough one, Randall. We had a friend who used to start summer sojourns to Europe with a suitcase full of clothing from the Goodwill. They would wear them and then toss them, creating room for souvenirs as the trip wore on. I think I would probably do the opposite - go with nothing and shop my way across Europe, coming home with a full suitcase.

One thing is certain... bring the homburg. It's a bona fide smile maker.

Mystic

Practically Family
Hi guys...haven't had much time lately but been lurking when possible.
The hats and photos just keep getting better.

Al could have taken his new boater for a nice stroll on the beach here today.
I started the day out with a stetson felt light grey stingy. Came back home about noon and switched to a fedora style black Dobbs milan for the afternoon.

Winter or not....81 degrees today....a record going back over 110 years.

Dobbs Milan
IMG_0941.jpg
[/IMG]

YIKES !! sorry for the enormous scary photo....me and Photobucket are not getting along.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Al,, marvelous crease on your Caxtons Beaver Twenty and you wear my beloved ST. Regis!
Man, he look so good on you. You sweeten, my day. Thank you Al for the fantastic photos.

Delectans
Love the Caxton & St. Regis
But its your pics & presentation thats a real Treat !
Looks like a lot of fun activity !
Oh yes ! The Spiral Stitch !!!!! Killer
Nice B&W shots too

Al, Great photo sequence! Your '40s Stetson St. Regis Homburg combo is my favorite.

AL, that homburg is RAD! I might have to get me one.

My money's on the Caxton... but Al wears them all like a master. Great photos - thanks for keeping us posted.

Al... Bravo! :eusa_clap
I can't tell you how excited I am to see so many wonderful photos of my favorite hat in your collection: that lovely St. Regis!

Aw, shucks, you fellas are too nice! :eek: Thank you for your kind remarks, they are deeply appreciated.

Manfred: Thanks, my friend. The Caxton felt is sublime. I left the crease as I believe it was originally, from the 1940s. The St. Regis is one I hold close to my heart and head as well.

Che: Glad you enjoyed the pics, and thanks again for your kind comments.

Steve: Thank you. This particular color combination is very versatile, I find.

Perry: Thanks! It should be a cinch to find a nice St. Regis in your size, you lucky man, and I would not think twice.

Alan: I appreciate your exceedingly generous analysis. ;)

Jeff: Thanks for your kind words. I feel extraordinarily fortunate to have both of these lids in my rotation.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Lotsahats, I completely agree! A hat was made to be worn!!

Jeff, thank you! It's a super great hat in even better condition!

Manfred, many thanks again! I really enjoy it!

Today, I wore my newly aquired 1930's/40's Knox (again), that seemed to have been rarely worn... It has a smaller brim than I am used to, but I really like it!

01015.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
The hommies do grow on you, Justin! That one looks sharp.

Mystic, nothing scary about the picture. The wx, however, is a different story.

Thanks for the St. Regis vote, Alan. The first leg of our sojourn is in London, and I plan to do all of the informative London Walks, rain or mist. Hopefully the trench and hommie will blend in somewhat.

Al, as the others have said, that boater really shines. Is it as comfortable as a felt?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
DUNK! Gotta start your day right. :) I did some consulting in Manchester last year, and this shot took me right back, David. Nice lid!
Cheers,
Aaron

David, sharp as a knife your Stetson. The best you can do in the morning - a good coffee!

Thanks, Aaron and Manfred, the only way to start the day around here.

David: Lovely Stetson, but I am a bit worried about you strolling with coffee in hand and taking selfies while potential traffic zooms by.
Perry: You and David consipire to go TAR on us on a Monday? Nice, doggie...

Putting it on the line to get the shot, Al! :)

I love your Optimo today.

Nice change of pace with that wide brimmed 25, David!

Thanks, Jeff.

Tom - super Moonstone

Hatto - I like the Biltmore. Is that the Caribu?

Memphis - nice look, but I much prefer your Buckeroo.

Sam - now that's a beret!

Alan - fantastic Borsalino today.

Alexander - two really cool hats. Your Moorelite is my favorite, but you wear the 10X really well too.

Randall - looking good with the Hommie and new coat

Mystic - wow, straw hat day!

Justin - cool Hommie, but I like your fedoras much more.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Thank you DJH! I really need to expand my fedora side now. Just have to find a pre-50's one that I really like! The Knox Hommie is the 2nd favoite to my Campbell. As they may be from the around the same years, I may do a post in the comparison thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats