Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat looks good on a shaved head?

Feraud

Bartender
With a hat no one is going to see you head. ;)

I have a shaved head and enjoy most hat styles.
Lately I have been nitpicking and narrowing down particular crown/brim lengths that I prefer..

dog20

Familiar Face
Baseball caps aren't comfortable with no hair, so now I go about wearing a bucket hat. It however doesn't look very stylish, but it does offer good sun protection lol. As for hat styles, I am clueless about the different kinds. I saw this guy wearing a small black hat that had a flat top and the brim didn't stick out very far. I should have asked him where he got it.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maj.Nick Danger said:
60s Rat Pack stingy brim??? All depends on your face shape too. Whether a wider brim or stingier.
I couldn't have said any better myself Maj.Nick. :eusa_clap

I'm a Stingy guy at heart but I do have wider brim fedoras as well......I must say though all of the (40+) are vintage. :D
It all depends on if you want protection from the sun more so or not on your face? That would decide on the legnth of your brim I guess, also your face shape like Nick mentioned.
Try a few different type of brims on and step back....look at yourself in the mirror.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
bolthead said:
I couldn't have said any better myself Maj.Nick. :eusa_clap

I'm a Stingy guy at heart but I do have wider brim fedoras as well......I must say though all of the (40+) are vintage. :D
It all depends on if you want protection from the sun more so or not on your face? That would decide on the legnth of your brim I guess, also your face shape like Nick mentioned.
Try a few different type of brims on and step back....look at yourself in the mirror.
Yes, and be honest with yourself as to what you see. Your first impression of a given style will be the correct one most likely. What exactly looks best to you at first sight? :)
(Say,...you look awfully familiar brother,.....)

GWD

One Too Many
I've got a shaved head too. I'm partial to the stingy brims also. But, I'm getting used to my wide brim hats too.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
1 7/8 - 2" !

Agreed.....without hair, stick to 2" or less. A 2" without hair compares to a 2 1/2" with hair in my opinion. In any case, the stingy look matches the closely shaved head recent fashion.

Stoney

Practically Family
I couldn't agree more about trying on various hats styles first before buying one.
If there are no hat stores in your area, you might try Burlington Coat Factory, again if one is nearby.Check the shopping malls for Macys or Steinmart as well as they often have a few lids on hand. What will look good on you has nothing to do with a shaved head, but rather with your perception of yourself in the hats.

millbrookmusic

Familiar Face
This is something I've considered as well - as my hairline is going the way of the Buffalo more and more these days. I know one of these days in the not so distant future I'll be shaving it. I've wondered what vintage looks I could sport as such.

Here's some inspiration (and sorry for so much Billy Zane):

TVKO1.jpg

Billy%20ZaneNjI=.jpg

billy%20zane.jpg

340x.jpg

Yul-Brynner_680804.jpg

35867691.jpg

kelly_brook_billy_zane_400x300.jpg

If you look very closely at this picture you'll notice Billy Zane there with a hat.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
dog20 said:
I saw this guy wearing a small black hat that had a flat top and the brim didn't stick out very far. I should have asked him where he got it.
That sounds like it might be a porkpie. I think it's a good idea to ask when you see an interesting hat. When someone asks me about my hat I'm always glad to point them in the right direction (towards a VS custom hat). Eight panel hats are also stylish and can provide some sun protection if you get a 1930's full cut with lots of overhang on the sides and a long brim. Soft like a ball cap but with so much more style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn