Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is going on with this site???

I keep coming back hoping the problems have been solved, and this morning I thought maybe they had because the pages loaded as they did before the problems began. But, sure enough, after a bit of time and, I imagine, more members logged on, things slowed down to a crawl and I was right back to wondering when whichever page I was on was going to finish loading. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
12:45 and it’s smooth as silk. Give it couple more minutes and it’ll run like death eatin’ a cracker.
1:25 pm and its running like a double-espresso-drinking typhoid patient (probably not the most pc of metaphors, but it’s running pretty darn good).

When do we allow ourselves to hope that it’s on the mend?

Last edited:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
1:25 pm and its running like a double-espresso drinking typhoid patient (probably not the most pc of metaphors, but it’s running pretty darn good).

When do we allow ourselves to hope that it’s on the mend?
2:15pm and it’s back to a heroin addict on Imodium (okay not that slow, but pretty slow). Van Gogh was less bipolar than this.

I’m gonna hope that the windows of normal operation are signs of healing.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
I would really like a bartender to let us know what the problem is, what the fix is, and how long it will be until it’s fixed.

Nathan Flowers replied a couple times the past several days in a similar thread in the Outerwear section.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/whats-going-on-with-the-fl-site.112157/post-3040262
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/whats-going-on-with-the-fl-site.112157/post-3040965

It's a hosting problem. The host can't handle the traffic. He said they're in the process of moving it. No timetable was given.

Nathan Flowers replied a couple times the past several days in a similar thread in the Outerwear section.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/whats-going-on-with-the-fl-site.112157/post-3040262
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/whats-going-on-with-the-fl-site.112157/post-3040965

It's a hosting problem. The host can't handle the traffic. He said they're in the process of moving it. No timetable was given.

Woh there. Are you telling me you look at threads outside the hat forum? That doesn’t sound right.

Last edited:

milandro

A-List Customer
Yesterday I was back after a long time and the site worked just
yesterday I was back after a long hiatus and it was good, but now is slow, still, usable, if you are willing to wait many long minutes to ge from page to page but something is the matter and it looks plain no one in charge has any real grasp of the situation.

It clearly needs something else than it is.

By the way, many complain about the ads clogging the forum. I don't have ANY ad killer and see NO ads whatsoever on the computer version , I see, in another thread (there are several threads now on this matter) that people show screenshots with ads but they look like they are mobile versions (phone or tablet). I am in Europe (Netherlands) with a Mac and run the latest software (before was the same too) and have NO ads on my computer.

So, yes, I would use the forum but at some point it would be nearly impossible

This is what I wrote in a parallel thread,

situation is getting as near as not practical as it may be.

There has to be something that can be done but nobody in charge seems to know how to do it (I wouldn't if I were, so I am not blaming anyone)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy