Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Is The Strangest Thing You've Ever Seen?

Lincsong said:
About 30 years ago there was a drought here in Northern California and there was all this talk about water conservation and rationing and so forth. So a lot of people dug wells in their backyards because they didn't want the water to be rationed and their lawns forced to die. Most people took a standard post hole digger and put attachments on it. In my neighborhood the water table was about 12 feet. So my friends Dad didn't have 20 feet of attachments so he dug a huge hole, like the old fashioned wells and dug it 12 feet. It was a really wide hole as he could put a ladder down there and put his 300 pound self. He then took his 8 feet of attachments and completed the well.:D

If he ever reads this..... :p Although it is true---both of them. :D

Regards,

J

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
jamespowers said:
I don't do myspace so I could likely miss [Jeff Beauregard].

Myspace, shmyspace. Beauregard had to have been experienced. If you'd lived in L.A. in the mid-'90s, you would have experienced ...

The unwashed Beauregard mumbling, ranting, raving and shuffling his way through swing dances, with beautiful women in each arm. (He'd give them scads of free vintage clothing in exchange for the attention.)

The dangerous Beauregard with a new facial scar every month, due to his never-ending succession of auto accidents.

The goofy Beauregard buying vintage clothing at high prices and selling it for, like, $10 more ... all to get people to ooh and ahh over his "incredible" ability to find goods.

And there's more. Much, much more.

Marc Chevalier said:
Myspace, shmyspace. Beauregard had to have been experienced. If you'd lived in L.A. in the mid-'90s, you would have experienced ...

The unwashed Beauregard mumbling, ranting, raving and shuffling his way through swing dances, with beautiful women in each arm. (He'd give them scads of free vintage clothing in exchange for the attention.)

The dangerous Beauregard with a new facial scar every month, due to his never-ending succession of auto accidents.

The goofy Beauregard buying vintage clothing at high prices and selling it for, like, $10 more ... all to get people to ooh and ahh over his "incredible" ability to find goods.

And there's more. Much, much more.

Again esoterica. Who would know that here who isn't from the area? :eusa_doh: Now if you said Hugh Heffner then I would know who you mean. He has three women with him all the time. :D

Regards,

J

Orgetorix said:
My brain tends to confuse multiple discussions going on in the same thread:

"Hugh Hefner has three golems?" :eusa_doh: lol

Yes he does:
89567.jpg

And if you can find out how to get more for other men, you would be a rich man. :p

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart