Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is wrong with me?

I’ve been a leather jacket addict since 2010, but I haven’t worn one yet this season. I still love seeing all the great jackets you guys find, and I often try mine on and look in the mirror to see if I’m still “cool.”
But- truth be told, when I run out the door I grab my N-1 or my Barbour if it’s raining. If I’m going for a bike ride I put on my puffer or hoodie. I have 10 amazing leather jackets in the closet- a collection I’ve had fun curating, but somehow I just don’t find the occasion to wear them…
What’s up?

Last edited:

MichaelRhB

One of the Regulars
I too have a lot of jackets I don't wear regularly, but I still won't part with them. I love my Cooper issued A2, but rarely wear it. Several others too. I wear mostly the loden hunting coat in my avatar, a couple of Nomex jackets, or my Wellensteyn Rescue Jacket if the weather is bad.

Dozens of others never see the outside except on the rare occasion.

I hear you 100%. I'm only wearing my blazer or sherpa trucker if it's too cold. I've gotten rid of most of my leather jacket and honestly, I don't miss a single one but I still love them and look at listings for hours. It's just so weird...
Me too! Still obsessed but it takes a lot to move me to buy. After awhile it just gets a bit stale I guess but the thrilling hunt never gets old.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I also had it once and then just didn't wear a leather jacket for a few years. Here it is fortunately so that it is often too cold for leather in winter (shearling excluded) and too warm in summer. I.e. there is always a more or less long leather jackets free time. In the meantime, this is enough to get back the desire for it. LOL

Liveinstyle33

One of the Regulars
I’ve been a leather jacket addict since 2010, but I haven’t worn one yet this season. I still love seeing all the great jackets you guys find, and I often try mine on and look in the mirror to see if I’m still “cool.”
But- truth be told, when I run out the door I grab my N-1 or my Barbour if it’s raining. If I’m going for a bike ride I put on my puffer or hoodie. I have 10 amazing leather jackets in the closet- a collection I’ve had fun curating, but somehow I just don’t find the occasion to wear them…
What’s up?

Your problem is, you don't like them. If you did, you would wear them. My default jackets in all of those situations and more are my leather jackets. You should sell those leather jackets, what size are you? Post pics if you want to sell them.

Your problem is, you don't like them. If you did, you would wear them. My default jackets in all of those situations and more are my leather jackets. You should sell those leather jackets, what size are you? Post pics if you want to sell them.
You’re wrong here. I love them!
It is more an issue with my lifestyle. I don’t really go out much anymore to fancy restaurants or places where I used to wear them. I don’t work in an office, so that’s out.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
It‘s easy. You are not buying these jackets because you are a man who is looking for a leather jacket to wear. You are buying them because you are a collector. We all are. The first jacket maybe was an actual enthusiastic „i need a leather jacket to wear“ purchase, everything going onwards…. collecting. It‘s unlikely you will feel better if you sell off some years worth of this collecting hobby. You are just fine. People who are into collecting stamps don‘t use them to send letters either.

It‘s easy. You are not buying these jackets because you are a man who is looking for a leather jacket to wear. You are buying them because you are a collector. We all are. The first jacket maybe was an actual enthusiastic „i need a leather jacket to wear“ purchase, everything going onwards…. collecting. It‘s unlikely you will feel better if you sell off some years worth of this collecting hobby. People who are into collecting stamps don‘t use them to send letters either.
I don’t feel right subscribing to this line of thought. I don’t want to be a collector. Most of my purchases were spontaneous or compulsive. I had to have it, or I just couldn’t stop clicking on it. Or even in the case of the Kehoe, I had to find one in my size. They all have some “magic.”

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko