Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
retromom147 said:
Retrobabydoll,
My hubby won't kiss me if I'm wearing chapstick! So when I want to look great and get kisses I wear L'Oreal superstay in Crimson. If he still won't kiss me then I tease him and tell him that with this color on my lips it will be easy to spot how many guys i've given a "peck on the cheek". That usually gets him to be real attentive...lol. Good luck and good smooching!:D

I think I might have to use that for when I wear my lipgloss and forget to take it off when I see my bf. I guess there's many different types of men out there who prefer different things. I'll have to check out the superstay.

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
My favorites...

Sebastian: Blood Red
Laura Mercier: Pink Grape (really is red)

and believe it or not, Maybelline Superstay in Flame. My mother-in-law purchased it for herself, hated the color on her then gave it to me. It lasts through meals and isn't real heavy like the lipfinities of yester-year.

JitterBugJenny

New in Town
Rouge Absolu Creme'
In Port Glace
By Lancome
As seen in photo below.
(stays on for HOURS!)
jenn6.jpg

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
My farourite red lipstick at the moment is "Russet Moon" by Chanel. I love the colour, but it doesn't stay well on lips!! Even if I use powder etc... but love it!!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Just bought some MAC Ruby Woo and Russian Red whilst coming through Duty Free the other day. Sooooooooooo much cheaper in the US than in the UK.

Haven't tried them on lips yet, but probably will this weekend. They smell delicious!

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
I was thinking I might post pictures of me wearing the essentials in red lipstick - MAC's Ruby Woo, Russian Red, MAC Red, Glam, Viva Glam and Besame's Red Velvet, Besame Red and Cherry Red. Sadly i've not been able to find Cherries In The Snow by Revlon :(

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Emmababy said:
I was thinking I might post pictures of me wearing the essentials in red lipstick - MAC's Ruby Woo, Russian Red, MAC Red, Glam, Viva Glam and Besame's Red Velvet, Besame Red and Cherry Red. Sadly i've not been able to find Cherries In The Snow by Revlon :(

I've been told Cherries in the Snow has beed discontinued :( :( but I see it still in the stores here.

scarlett

One of the Regulars
I just found Revlon's Toast of New York, its a red/brown, great for day time and stays put when paired up w/ Auburn lip pencil by Prestige. It's the regular lipstick in the black tube and its cheap. :) For evening I like Besame Cherry Red w/ matching lip liner - it also has staying power.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
scarlett said:
I just found Revlon's Toast of New York, its a red/brown, great for day time and stays put when paired up w/ Auburn lip pencil by Prestige.

Toast of New York is a GREAT color! Especially if you are a red head! I've been using it on and off for the last 12 years! Mostly use it when I go back to Red. ;) It's a staple of mine.

zaika

One Too Many
i finally took the plunge this weekend and bought some expensive red lipstick. MAC viva glam. it smells like brown sugar! mmmm. and it doesn't look ridiculous on. i love the matte lipsticks...it looks so much better, and more subdued than the glossy stuff. i tried the ruby woo and russian red ya'll have talked about, but it was way too orangy on me. too bad, 'cause it looked good in the tube. :)

~*Red*~

Practically Family
yay for Viva Glam! I love it, but it makes my mouth look small and my lips thin. My favorite right now is MAC's Dubonnet, and a new one I picked up at a pharmacy store (ala Longs/Walgreens/Rite Aid/CVS) Maybelline's MOisture Extreme "Classic Crimson" Great for daytime.. not too overpowering.

zaika

One Too Many
i forgot how much je'dore MAC, so i'll definately be going back after the holidays with my first non-rent paycheck to raid the MAC counter. :D

and Urban Decay.

and Walgreens.

lol lol lol

ruby_cadillac

New in Town
6qdfdr7.jpg

Rubbish quality photo, lighting seems to be a problem with red lipstick photos!

Rimmel Lip Liner in 024 Red Diva
followed by Rimmel Lipstick 321 Diva Red on the outsides and towards the center (excluding the central centimeter or so of my lips), then Collection 2000 Lipstick in 14 Red Red to lighten up the center a touch :)

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
I went to the drugstore today to stockpile a couple Cherries in the Snow, (!) and saw a display from Maybelline of "I Love Retro" red lipsticks and matching nail polishes. Some of the names I can remember are: Retro Red; Retro Raspberry; Showstopper Scarlet and Riveting Ruby. I didn't get any, but regretted it as soon as I got home - I see a trip back there in my near future!

Some said "limited edition color." It seemed to be a winter/holiday-themed display. I thought I would mention is, as I recall how it went with those L'Oreal limited "Some Like it Scarlett" reds last year - most were gone before I even heard about them.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Decobelle said:
I went to the drugstore today to stockpile a couple Cherries in the Snow, (!) and saw a display from Maybelline of "I Love Retro" red lipsticks and matching nail polishes. Some of the names I can remember are: Retro Red; Retro Raspberry; Showstopper Scarlet and Riveting Ruby. I didn't get any, but regretted it as soon as I got home - I see a trip back there in my near future!

Some said "limited edition color." It seemed to be a winter/holiday-themed display. I thought I would mention is, as I recall how it went with those L'Oreal limited "Some Like it Scarlett" reds last year - most were gone before I even heard about them.

I'm pretty sure that's where I got my "Classic Crimson".. both the lippy and nail color.. I love them both!! I liked the lippy so much I bought 2!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn