Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Lillemor said:

Lillemor, I think your lip-shape is perfect, you have a beautiful cupid's bow.

Judging from the photo, I would say that you can easily wear matte. I don't think you have to be fair-skinned to do that, although I do agree that magazines promote that idea. Maybe you could just try something semi-matte to start with?

sweetarita

New in Town
Hi! There are new Revlon displays all about "matte" and they have new matte Reds. I bought the "Really Red". I am wearing it today for the first time and I LOVE it! It's matte, but not chalky or the sort that you can't rub your lips together. The color is great, a nice everyday red. I will probably go back and get the other reds they had too, I love it so much.

Lenah

New in Town
Right now, I really like "Certainly Red" by Revlon. Don't mind the mess of hair, I have a bun at the back, trying to see if I should cut it into that length... I love short hair, and I would like to start growing mine out healthy again. So hard to find not ashy face powder, for my skin tone. Plus the flash of my cell phone cam gives me a weird tone. This is MAC, when it sets it's perfect, but fresh... Nightmares, ladies, nightmares. At least the lipstick works. I look exactly like my aunt. Wow. Cuz it bothered me, I posted another pic, with the exact same powder make up, normal lighting - that's what my tone usually looks like. I dunno why it showed up so pale in the other one.
IMG00213.jpg
Picture021.jpg

SassyLindaB

Familiar Face
sweetarita said:
Hi! There are new Revlon displays all about "matte" and they have new matte Reds. I bought the "Really Red". I am wearing it today for the first time and I LOVE it! It's matte, but not chalky or the sort that you can't rub your lips together. The color is great, a nice everyday red. I will probably go back and get the other reds they had too, I love it so much.

wow that is the only lipstick I would wear a few years ago, I'll have to get it again because it is so divine

Tikismall

New in Town
Lovely Red

I bought a tube of "Racy Red", A limited edtion lipstick by Revlon and I have since never seen it again.
It was a perfect shade of red for my skin tone, it was a subtle gold tone with a tinge of wine/mauve and red. all together with the shimmer it had (it also was a sheer when worn in a single swipe) was TO DIE FOR.
Now, I am lost without it! Browsing the aisle like a lost lover seeking the only shade the could somewhat resemble that "Racy Red".
Ohh welllll, I have a "Shanghai Express" by Nars in Matte and that's pretty fancy and a color by Rimmel that's come close...
Just not close enough *sigh*

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Lenah, I think the lipstick is beautiful on you! And your eye-makeup is beautiful on the photo on the left, in the photo on the right, it's slightly different, right? But you have beautifully shaped eyes. I'd love to see the lipstick on you in the same light as the photo on the right.

Lenah

New in Town
Laura Chase said:
Lenah, I think the lipstick is beautiful on you! And your eye-makeup is beautiful on the photo on the left, in the photo on the right, it's slightly different, right? But you have beautifully shaped eyes. I'd love to see the lipstick on you in the same light as the photo on the right.

Thank you Laura! :eek: Will try to do.

Eva Morsikova

Familiar Face
Honestly, I have many shades of red lipsticks. But I must say that there's one (can't remember the exact name for the life of me) but it's from Clarins Paris. It's a wonderful cherry red and it smells like raspberries.

My runners up are British Red, and this one from AVON that I use as a lip stain and smells like crayons. <3 Oh, and Carmine by Besame, which is alright but I prefer to use it as rouge.

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
I don't *think* I posted this before, but a few months ago I bought Revlon's "Wine With Everything" on the recommendation of someone here. I tried it a few times but wasn't sure whether it was too dark on my lips. I've worn it a few more times recently, and I think I've adjusted to the red! factor. :) It has reasonable staying power for a non-matte lipstick, and I'm liking it. It's more of a wine red, like the name implies, than a bright red.

La Julia

One of the Regulars
Lenah said:
Right now, I really like "Certainly Red" by Revlon. Don't mind the mess of hair, I have a bun at the back, trying to see if I should cut it into that length... I love short hair, and I would like to start growing mine out healthy again. So hard to find not ashy face powder, for my skin tone. Plus the flash of my cell phone cam gives me a weird tone. This is MAC, when it sets it's perfect, but fresh... Nightmares, ladies, nightmares. At least the lipstick works. I look exactly like my aunt. Wow. Cuz it bothered me, I posted another pic, with the exact same powder make up, normal lighting - that's what my tone usually looks like. I dunno why it showed up so pale in the other one.
IMG00213.jpg
Picture021.jpg

It might be the lighting, but that shade of red looks great on you

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
I just picked up Lorel Endless color in "Saucy Sangria" and its a beautiful color! Its like a deep red on me. I picked it up on a whim.. :) Oh those whims to CVS! LOL and it stays on really well.. not drying either! Im really liking it!

This is what it looks like on me :).. well my hand at least :)

n1172844265_30121648_7879.jpg

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
LelaViavonie said:
I just picked up Lorel Endless color in "Saucy Sangria" and its a beautiful color! Its like a deep red on me. I picked it up on a whim.. :) Oh those whims to CVS! LOL and it stays on really well.. not drying either! Im really liking it!

This is what it looks like on me :).. well my hand at least :)

n1172844265_30121648_7879.jpg

Ooooh! That's pretty Lela! Although I LOVE the red you normally wear I am all for changing it up every now and again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic