Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
2 new ones for me...

Since it's the New Depression, I can't afford Mac right now, so I was delighted with these two much less expensive options from from Max Factor - both matte, I think they call them Runway Mattes, and they are #40 (bright red) and #44 (slightly darker).
I miss my Ruby Woo, though. I just can't justify it right now.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Miss 1929 said:
Since it's the New Depression, I can't afford Mac right now, so I was delighted with these two much less expensive options from from Max Factor - both matte, I think they call them Runway Mattes, and they are #40 (bright red) and #44 (slightly darker).
I miss my Ruby Woo, though. I just can't justify it right now.

Oh, are two Max Factor lipsticks less expensive in the US than one single MAC? Over here, the Max Factor stuff costs almost just as much as MAC. :eek:

vampygirl13

One of the Regulars
What would you ladies recommend for someone who is super pale with reddish cheeks and red hair? I seem to look better in blue reds. Thinking of going for MAC Port Red if I can find it anywhere!

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
RebeccaMUA said:
Thank you CrazyDaisy! I have actually come to love it alot. I have a better picture of it, so you can see the depth of it. I think the bright light and my green top may have thrown the color off a bit :)

photo3-1.jpg
Wow.
Thank you so much for this recommendation. The color is absolutely divine!
I tried it today and lightly blotted it to get rid of the shine (it's not super shiny, but not matte either). It's the first red lipstick that doesn't go pink on me. and it has good staying power! It's definately my next lipstick buy.
I will try to upload a pic soon. :)

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
Tinseltown said:
Wow.
Thank you so much for this recommendation. The color is absolutely divine!
I tried it today and lightly blotted it to get rid of the shine (it's not super shiny, but not matte either). It's the first red lipstick that doesn't go pink on me. and it has good staying power! It's definately my next lipstick buy.
I will try to upload a pic soon. :)

It really is a great color :) I get many compliments when I wear it. I agree about the "mositure" factor. I does get less...emollient as you wear it. LOL I am with you about the pink stain. At least this just makes me look like I drank kool-aid :)

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
RebeccaMUA said:
It really is a great color :) I get many compliments when I wear it. I agree about the "mositure" factor. I does get less...emollient as you wear it. LOL I am with you about the pink stain. At least this just makes me look like I drank kool-aid :)
Yes, but I like that. I don't like too "buttery" lipsticks. I don't need to feel them on my lips.

Haha, everybody stared at me when I walked home from the beautystore. Red lipstick just isn't that common here. I don't care though.;)

Miss 1929

Laura Chase said:
Oh, are two Max Factor lipsticks less expensive in the US than one single MAC? Over here, the Max Factor stuff costs almost just as much as MAC. :eek:

It's a huge difference. Mac is about 18.00 a tube, Max Factor, about 6.99. Still not cheap (cheap is like 2.99) but better. But, sadly, nothing is as good as Ruby Woo on me.

Miss 1929

vampygirl13 said:
What would you ladies recommend for someone who is super pale with reddish cheeks and red hair? I seem to look better in blue reds. Thinking of going for MAC Port Red if I can find it anywhere!
Ruby Woo would look great on you too.

cecil

A-List Customer
Chili!

My favourite red ever would be Chili by MAC, followed by Lady Danger. I can't wear Ruby Woo or Russian Red because it makes me look ruddy :( Most magazines tell me that my colouring would suit blue reds better but my skin is strange, it turns everything pinkish. I can't wear anything pink or blue-red, that goes for clothes, hair, lippie, everything! Same with pink-toned pale foundations. Booooo.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
exquisitebones said:
went to sephora this weekend. I picked up this lovely VELVET lip pencil.
by NARS "Cruella" it was $24 but totally worth it ;)

3363292267_5eda1d81cb_m.jpg
You look lovely!

I've tried on that exact color at Sephora a couple of times and I love it. It might just be one of the best reds I've ever found.

Aorta

Familiar Face
cecil said:
My favourite red ever would be Chili by MAC, followed by Lady Danger. I can't wear Ruby Woo or Russian Red because it makes me look ruddy :( Most magazines tell me that my colouring would suit blue reds better but my skin is strange, it turns everything pinkish. I can't wear anything pink or blue-red, that goes for clothes, hair, lippie, everything! Same with pink-toned pale foundations. Booooo.

Same problem over here, I'm not properly fitting in a single colour scheme and bluish reds just don't work for me. I like to use Dr. Hauschka's lipstick no. 04, that's a classic red with a slightly orange tone. I know, Hauschka is quite expensive abroad (it's not cheap here either, well, at least less expensive) - but the ingredients are excellent and the lipstick is worth every penny. Hauschka's standards when it comes to natural ingredients, organic farming, fair trade and social responsibility are high.

Claudette

New in Town
texasgirl said:

Hello all! I bought Cover Girl's Outlast Lipstain in 440 Wild Berry Wink at Walmart for about six or seven dollars. I'm kind of on the fence about it. I like the color, but it does not last as long as I wanted it to. Some of my friends really like it though, so I guess it just depends on the person. Here is a review that goes more in depth.

Lately I have been wearing MAC's Russian Red lipstick and Cherry lip liner. I also like 740 Certainly Red by Revlon. It is one of their Super Lustrous Lipsticks. I lean towards Russian Red because it is matte, while Certainly Red is really creamy.

Kadri

Familiar Face
Not sure about the availability-even elsewhere in Europe-but a few weeks ago I found a new brand called Deco Collection...

IMGP0001-2.jpg

It's not expensive,but just great.The lipstick has a glossy quality to it,moisturizers my lips without being overly greasy and stays on for quite a while.Also-it somehow manages to smear very little,even though it doesn't even begin to promise that.

My favourite shade is 203.Perfect for my daily casual makeup.

IMGP0023.jpg

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
Sounds great Kadri!
I haven't found anything about this brand online, would you happen to know where it is manufactured?

cecil

A-List Customer
Aorta said:
Same problem over here, I'm not properly fitting in a single colour scheme and bluish reds just don't work for me. I like to use Dr. Hauschka's lipstick no. 04, that's a classic red with a slightly orange tone. I know, Hauschka is quite expensive abroad (it's not cheap here either, well, at least less expensive) - but the ingredients are excellent and the lipstick is worth every penny. Hauschka's standards when it comes to natural ingredients, organic farming, fair trade and social responsibility are high.

Sounds great! Not too many places stock Dr. Hauschka over here but I will seek them out. Thankyou :)

xtiffanyx

New in Town
I really like NYCs Retro Red. I'm wearing it here.
34hvztu.jpg

I love MAC lipsticks, but all the ones I have are nudes and pinks. I'm going to check out their reds or at least something a little more bold than I usually wear.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
fav red lipstick shade for vintage

I'm using Clinique's "REDREDRED" for my vintage 1940's and art deco era looks.

I'm a warm season (a Spring) so it not a blue-red. The dress I have on left is an orange-red, the other is a light peach.

359087671.jpg
358982573.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy