Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I still haven't found the perfect red and I have so many red lipsticks now, I don't dare count them! I wish I could wear Ruby woo but it is simply too drying even with primer etc.
Have you tried Rockalilly? Their colors are not trying at all. I think in terms of matte/cream, I'd put them in between Ruby Woo and Besame. Plus, the owner is a local UK gal, so you would be supporting a small female-run business. I like Roulette Red best.
http://www.rockalily.com/buy

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Have you tried Rockalilly? Their colors are not trying at all. I think in terms of matte/cream, I'd put them in between Ruby Woo and Besame. Plus, the owner is a local UK gal, so you would be supporting a small female-run business. I like Roulette Red best.
http://www.rockalily.com/buy

Hi Kamikat! Yeah I have tried them, but didn't find a color that I really liked and on me Russian Red and the Besame ones are more matte and better colors for me personally :)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I've recently discovered Revlon's Lip Butters. I like Candy Apple Red. It's a nice, cheerful, damn-that-is-RED-red. Their Raspberry Pie is nice, too, for a more toned-down red. It looks good with purple. I'm also a fan of Benefit's Benetint Lip Balm in the little pot.

I'm tempted by those Revlon lip butters each time I go into Walgreen's. Maybe I need to try one.

Thank you Fortworthgal!! I must get it I think, my problem now is to get it! They are all sold out in the UK

Can you order online from JulieHewett.net? I don't know if they ship to the UK. I don't like buying cosmetics online unless it is a product I know and love, I need to see & feel it in person first!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I'm tempted by those Revlon lip butters each time I go into Walgreen's. Maybe I need to try one.

Can you order online from JulieHewett.net? I don't know if they ship to the UK. I don't like buying cosmetics online unless it is a product I know and love, I need to see & feel it in person first!

I feel the same, but stockists are only in London and it seems like they don't even have the colour(s) anymore. I looked at her Amazon.com shop but shipping to the UK is 40$! I'll try and email her website shop instead and ask..

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Hi Kamikat! Yeah I have tried them, but didn't find a color that I really liked and on me Russian Red and the Besame ones are more matte and better colors for me personally :)
Have you tried http://www.limecrimemakeup.com/categories/lipstick/ ? They have 2 reds that are lovely.
Glamour 101
glamour101b__13438_zoom.jpg

Retrofuturist (it's not quite this bright in real life)
retrofuturist__34030_zoom.jpg

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Just a thought - it seems that the products which rate the highest in terms of lead content are owned by companies who test on animals or who have done so in the fairly recent past...

Some of those Rockalily lipsticks look intriguing - I wish you could get swatches or something!

appy

Familiar Face
I'm back, and I finally found it!

Greetings, everyone. If anyone remembers me, I apologize for my rather long absence. I just wanted to drop in, say hello, and let you all know that I found MY red!! After many years and lots of $, I finally found a perfect red in Julie Hewett's Femme Noir. She describes it as a 1930s color, which I guess is exactly what I've been searching for all this time. I'm fairly certain, though, that it can work for a 1940s look as well.

Love to you all! xoxo

Pearl

New in Town
Hello, All! :)

My absolute favourite red lipstick is by Chanel called 'Cambon.' It's such an unusual red (almost coral/raspberry?) and is incredibly bright. My skin without makeup is quite sallow, and this shade instantly brings life into my tired face. Next time you're near a Chanel counter, be sure to check it out, as it looks as though it would flatter all skin tones. It's quickly becoming my signature lipstick. I think my search for the perfect red lipstick may be over! ;-) Once I get my camera in order, I'll be sure to photograph my pout. In the meantime, here is a photo of what it looks like in the tube:

Chanel-Rouge-Coco-Lipstick-Cambon-31-lipstick.jpg

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Greetings, everyone. If anyone remembers me, I apologize for my rather long absence. I just wanted to drop in, say hello, and let you all know that I found MY red!! After many years and lots of $, I finally found a perfect red in Julie Hewett's Femme Noir. She describes it as a 1930s color, which I guess is exactly what I've been searching for all this time. I'm fairly certain, though, that it can work for a 1940s look as well.

Love to you all! xoxo

Welcome back! :)

I have several of the Julie Hewett Noir lipsticks, and they're my favorites. I don't have Femme Noir, though... hmmm... I have Rouge Noir & Coco Noir, which are both matte 1940s reds, and then for the sheers I have Oona Noir & Film Noir. I know I sound like a salesperson, but I find that her lipsticks apply beautifully and have great staying power. I'll have to give Femme Noir a try next!

appy

Familiar Face
Welcome back! :)

I have several of the Julie Hewett Noir lipsticks, and they're my favorites. I don't have Femme Noir, though... hmmm... I have Rouge Noir & Coco Noir, which are both matte 1940s reds, and then for the sheers I have Oona Noir & Film Noir. I know I sound like a salesperson, but I find that her lipsticks apply beautifully and have great staying power. I'll have to give Femme Noir a try next!

Thank you. It's good to be back! :)

I've only bought Rouge and Femme Noir so far. Next on my radar is a sheer, just for fun, but I can't decide between Gem and Oona. The entire collection looks so lovely, and I've been tempted to buy each of them. Alas, I'm not a rich woman. Even though I've finally found my favorite, I'm still addicted to collecting!

Hi,
I used light red color lipstick with very little shine, It suits on every dresses and it suit me too. I think you should try it. I am sure you like that color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner