What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

Discussion in 'Beauty' started by SaraBell, Oct 22, 2006.

1. chanteuseCarey

chanteuseCarey Call Me a Cab

my favourite red lipstick for number of years now, is Clinque's "06 red red red". I wear a lot of red clothing and brighter colours, this goes with practically everything! Works for my vintage 40s look perfectly, and my non vintage too.

[​IMG]

Other than that I have a lovely peach shade from Lancome', and a bright pink from the Revlon Moondrops collection.

2. fortworthgal

fortworthgal Call Me a Cab

3. Stray Cat

Stray Cat My Mail is Forwarded Here

Looks great. :D

4. Jasmine Jolene

Jasmine Jolene One of the Regulars

My new favourite is Howl by Illamasqua. Just brickish enough to look like a 'natural' red, rather than dominate my face.

And hi! Hoping to start posting a bit more, I've had a looooooong hiatus!

5. RichelleWatson

RichelleWatson Banned

cherry red from elle 18 its my favorite brand and the best one i had ever used up

6. RichelleWatson

RichelleWatson Banned

cherry red by elle 18

7. RachelZ

RachelZ New in Town

I love MAC Ruby Woo for summer and Russian Red for winter. I pair them with Cherry and Beet lip pencil, also from MAC. I've been wearing these shades for, oh wow, about 16 years! For a big night out, I sometimes use Lip Ink in Red and Lava Red. I'm not as big of a fan of longwear products, though, as I really enjoy touching up my lips.

8. epr25

epr25 Practically Family

I recently bought L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain Cos7l_9_pack-shot.jpg in endless red and I love it. it wears pretty well but the best thing is when it does start wearing off it doesn't look crazy. It's reasonably priced I would recommend it.

9. katiemakeup

katiemakeup Practically Family

So many good ones!! I love Dolce & Gabbana Fire, MAC Lady Danger, MAC PRO Crimson LipMix, All Besame reds, Urban Decay Gash, Make Up For Ever #8 Aquarouge, Nars Jungle Red....

I love red lipstick.

10. melanieroseowl

melanieroseowl New in Town

I only wear MAC cosmetics.

11. agirlinwinter

agirlinwinter New in Town

I bought Mac Ruby Woo today. Love the colour, but hope I can cope with the matte texture...

12. Stray Cat

I've just ordered Avon's Extra Lasting in "Fiery Red" - it will be a bit brighter.. exactly what I need for the summer. :D

13. zombi

zombi A-List Customer

I've been using Lipstick Queen's Medieval as a perfect rosy flush to the lips for spring and summer!

14. melliejs

melliejs New in Town

After reading much of this thread, I decided it was time to find myself a red lipstick. I went out and bought Revlon's Cherries in the Snow, and NYC's Ruby, Sheer Red, and Retro Red (at oly 93¢ each for the NYC colors, I couldn't resist!). I tried each of them on when I got home, and I sent pics to my best friend and boyfriend, who were in agreement: definitely the Ruby and the Sheer Red, Cherries was okay but not great, and a resounding "NO!" to the Retro Red (it was very, very orange on me, and orange is NOT my color!). This thread was extremely helpful! It made my search for a red lipstick much less painful -- and much less expensive -- than I'd anticipated. You ladies are full of good advice and ideas. :)

I've also been using Rosebud Salve on my lips, as per the reviews on the Lounge, and I'll never be without it ever again!

15. MissNathalieVintage

MissNathalieVintage Practically Family

When applying these lipsticks I used a lip brush to apply the lipstick. And I blotted my full lips reapplied, blotted my inner lips and reapplied. Which I learned made my lip stick stay on longer and did not smudge. I love wet N wilds 911D stoplight red and 519A hot red lipsticks. 911D goes on matte it does not smudge, cake, or dry out my lips plus it has an spf of 15 too. 519A applies thinner then it looks in the packaging even though it looks red but when worn it looks hot pink/rose pink. 519A goes on creamy but after 30-45 minutes it starts to make my lips feel dry but not to the point where it makes my lips chapped. I still like wearing 519A but I would not wear it everyday especially on days when I have to sing. My holy grail red lipstick is 911D stoplight red.

16. agirlinwinter

agirlinwinter New in Town

I've been wearing Ruby Woo since I bought it a couple of weeks ago. I love it! I use Mac Prep & Prime, then Cherry lipliner and finally a coat of Ruby Woo on top. I don't find it too dry and it stays on for ages. Whoop! In fact, I saw a colleague today that I haven't see for a while and she commented that she didn't recognize me at first because I looked so glamorous (does that mean I look like a scruff bag normally?).

17. markkedle

markkedle New in Town

The following are simply my best choice every time.
    Cherry Red
    Besame Red

18. Stray Cat

Just got Rimmel:

[​IMG]

in 111 - Kiss of Life:

[​IMG]

19. TheSacredFemme

TheSacredFemme One of the Regulars

Rockalily's Sailors Beware is my number one "Oh my god, this is so well pigmented, doesn't dry my lips out and makes me feel fab!" red.

20. Lucky Girl

Lucky Girl New in Town

I have been obsessed with wanting to wear a red lipstick for years, but no matter what type of red lipstick I apply I always end up looking like a clown or silly in it...I guess this is one vintage style I will have to forgo (sad face)