Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

Dracca

One of the Regulars
Madalene Laurae said:
Does anyone happen to know if their fav. lipstick is noncomogenic? The last time I wore lipstick (which was long ago), I broke out around my lips.

It may be worth it to try this in the "wine" color set.

http://www.physiciansformula.com/ProductDetail/lip/lip-color/03855.html

It only says "Hypoallergenic. Fragrance-free. Dermatologist approved" and does not specify non-comedogenic on the lips color but their products in general they do claim as non-comedogenic. I enjoyed the set and still have it, you can mix them up however you like and get some great colors. I actually liked the colors a lot but went back to an actual lipstick stick due to that it was easier to carry around and apply fast when out to dinner, etc. There are two in the set that are very pure red colors, I generally go for a darker, deep shade of bright red and you can get that by mixing them too.

They sell them at Target. I used all of their stuff several years ago when I was younger and had problems with breakouts and they are very nice products if you have sensitive skin.

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Not sure if this was already mentioned (I don't feel like going back 11 pages) but I just discovered Besame Red Velvet. AMAZING.

Blondie

Practically Family
Has anyone seen the new MAC range of Matteen lipsticks ???
There is one that is blood red ! Can't wait to check them out.
I just rang the store here in Nashville,
they said the release date had been pushed back to Oct 4 for TN,
i think they are already out in California ??

Rapturous - Deep red berry
Powersuit - Vibrant clean yellow pink
Rougette - Wine berry
40’s Pink - Neutral mid-tone dirty pink
All Grown Up - Deep chocolate brown
Tango - Dirty coral
You Say Tomato - Tomato red
Classic Dame - Blood red
Café Matte - Rich caramel (Semi-Matte)
Orange Dare - Bright yellow orange (Semi-Matte)
Seriously Rich - Bright pink red (Semi-Matte)
Poise - Clean yellow pink (Semi-Matte)
Composure - Neutral bronze plum (Semi-Matte)
Flattering - Beige pink (Semi-Matte)
Immodest - Bright magenta (Semi-Matte)
Night Violet - Deep purple grape (Semi-Matte)

~*Red*~

Practically Family
New MAC Mattene

ooh, I went to the MAC counter today and they ahd them.. the lady was so funny too because I asked for the new Mattene lipsticks and she said, "They just came out today, how did you know?" hee hee hee!!!lol

Anyhow, I checked out about 5 of them, and one I was ok with.. but none were *my* color...so I ended up getting Dubonnet and Spice It Up.. YAY! and they have some new matte eyeshadows that are to die for! I picked up the pink shade.. I LOVE it!! Yippee!!! Back to the Mattene's... they feel real nice and look good. I just didn't find my perfect color.

DrMags

New in Town
Does anyone know of a nice red that does not fade in 2 minutes or "roll"? I absolutely love my Viva Glam Mac red, but its very matte and dry. If my lips are already dry, it almost rolls off in little beads of color, and 2 minutes later i have nothing but a red ring around mymouth:mad: I love the color, but want something that will stick, and not dry out

any suggestions?

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
All lip liner!

VargasBaby said:
Alright ya'll are lucky! I cant wear red to save my life. Setting it with powder, liner, nothing works to keep it from not feathering on me! Even the Revlon color stay stuff is horribly on my lips cause it flakes due to drying out so much.

*pouts*

If anyone can suggest ANYTHING that can work to correct this, I'd love to hear it.

A friend of mine just uses lip liner for the entire lip, and it must match the lipstick shade perfectly, because them you just fill in the middle of the lips with the lipstick to give it some moisture. But the moist part doesn't go near the outer edge of the liner, so it can't bleed!

Miss 1929

Oh no, now I have to buy it!

Blondie said:
Has anyone seen the new MAC range of Matteen lipsticks ???
There is one that is blood red ! Can't wait to check them out.
I just rang the store here in Nashville,
they said the release date had been pushed back to Oct 4 for TN,
i think they are already out in California ??

Rapturous - Deep red berry
Powersuit - Vibrant clean yellow pink
Rougette - Wine berry
40’s Pink - Neutral mid-tone dirty pink
All Grown Up - Deep chocolate brown
Tango - Dirty coral
You Say Tomato - Tomato red
Classic Dame - Blood red
Caf?© Matte - Rich caramel (Semi-Matte)
Orange Dare - Bright yellow orange (Semi-Matte)
Seriously Rich - Bright pink red (Semi-Matte)
Poise - Clean yellow pink (Semi-Matte)
Composure - Neutral bronze plum (Semi-Matte)
Flattering - Beige pink (Semi-Matte)
Immodest - Bright magenta (Semi-Matte)
Night Violet - Deep purple grape (Semi-Matte)

Blood red... mmm, blood... and "You Say Tomato"? Could there be any more perfect color to sing that song in?
We have a MAC store here in Berkeley, it is a dangerous place.

Novella

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
We have a MAC store here in Berkeley, it is a dangerous place.

I've never been in a MAC store, although there are some by where I live. I'm kind of afraid I'll go in, buy stuff, and never be able to go back to the drugstore! My face would smile, but my bank account would cry.

wibblebird

New in Town
The Atlanta MAC got pushed back to next week too. I'm eagerly awaiting them. I'm such a lipstick addict - it's the only makeup that I wear regularly, since my skin cleared.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Does anybody use Mary Kay? I love all their make-up and skin care and am loyal to my "girl". However, having seen a recent pic of myself, I realize it's time to let go of the toffee lips that I've been wearing for over 10 years. They only have 2 reds, has anyone tried them? What about the berries? I plan on asking my girl for samples, but I'm curious if anyone else has tried them.
1453358209_908507d92a.jpg

BegintheBeguine

kamikat, I just discovered Mary Kay last month and was so impressed I have started selling it, I loved it so much! I wear both of the reds and love them. Just a minute ago I was playing with all of the colors, and I set aside Whipped Berries, Magenta, Amber Suede, Garnetfrost, and Sunset for my own collection. Perhaps you can try out these shades, they are lovely and more berry or red than your faithful toffee. :) I have worn Strike-A-Pose Rose already and love it. My favorite Red Salsa will be discontinued in December, along with Redwood, Magenta, Strike-A-Pose Rose and some others, just as a heads up. Hope this helps.
Ashley

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I just emailed my girl and asked for samples of redwood, red salsa, black cherry and apple berry. Thanks for the head's up of the discontinued colors. If I like any of those, I'll buy whatever she has left.

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
kamikat i love your glasses, are they real vintage? it's so difficult to get nice vintage style frames that are affordable. oh, yes, lipstick...sorry...lol i love mac too, but they are a bit pricy for me, so i use revlon's volcanic red during the day and cherries in the snow for the evening.

Blondie

Practically Family
wibblebird said:
The Atlanta MAC got pushed back to next week too. I'm eagerly awaiting them. I'm such a lipstick addict - it's the only makeup that I wear regularly, since my skin cleared.
I am beside myself with anticipation !
I cannot wait !!!!
Am counting down the days....
I have over 100 red lipsticks, maybe need to go into therapy lol
I am jealous of you *Red* , you got to see them first !

Blondie

Practically Family
kamikat said:
Does anybody use Mary Kay? I love all their make-up and skin care and am loyal to my "girl". However, having seen a recent pic of myself, I realize it's time to let go of the toffee lips that I've been wearing for over 10 years. They only have 2 reds, has anyone tried them? What about the berries? I plan on asking my girl for samples, but I'm curious if anyone else has tried them.
1453358209_908507d92a.jpg

:eek:fftopic: Kamikat ~ Look at skinny you !!!!!!!!! You look just FABULOUS !

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
glamour-girl said:
kamikat i love your glasses, are they real vintage? it's so difficult to get nice vintage style frames that are affordable.

No, they're brand new, less than a month old, by Donna Karen.

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
i love her stuff:eusa_clap , her whole new line in 50's inspired, just yesterday i was at the mall and saw a whole display of dk glasses, i couldn't resist and tried on a cherry red frame with little crystals, that was so pretty, i'v just got to have them, so i mentioned my husband my upcoming birthday, i think he got the hint...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner