Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your go to hat?

deanzat

One of the Regulars
This was a great hat year for me. For Christmas of 2008 I got a Fed IV Deluxe, and spent most of 2009 reshaping it until I wore out the felt at the front of the crown - but I still love it and it kept me warm in a mid-spring Montana snowstorm. I got an Akubra Stylemaster in February, and you can bet that when I'm wearing a tie, I'm also wearing the Stylemaster.

For the summer, I got myself an Open Road and yes, I wore it all summer. I had mixed emotions about the look until a beautiful woman unknown to me stopped me in the street to commend my "elegant hat."

But as I look back on the year, none of these, nor my ancient Stetsons (one silverbelly western and one black fedora of unknown model) was the hat of the year. That honor goes to the hat I chose most often, the hat I wear when I don't know which hat to wear, because it always looks good, always feels good, and has continued to improve with age and wear. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you my go-to hat : The Akubra Banjo Paterson.
medium.jpg

What was YOUR go-to hat for 2009?

Greyfox

One of the Regulars
Well since I only own 3 right now it was pretty easy to pick my favorite of the year....Akubra Banjo Patterson as well. I do have my order in with Art at VS so the answer will probably be different this time next year:) .

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really have two that I move between as a go-to hat.

First, my Resistol San Antonio (recreased from western):

AkubraandResistol006.jpg

And second, my Stetson Colony:

013.jpg

Both stay out on the rack and are the ones most often grabbed for daily use.

billysmom

One Too Many
Old Panama

Panama.jpg

Well, this is Texas and most of the year it's above warm. So my grab-it-as-I'm-exiting-the-door hat in 2009 was most often this old Panama. It kept my nose and ears out of the sun more days than any other lid. I adore my collection of wonderful felt hats, but this actually clocked the most noggin time.

Sue

deanzat

One of the Regulars
For the second year in a row, the Akubra Banjo Paterson was the hat to wear when I didn't know which hat to wear. The Open Road was a close second, but could not match the Banjo's versatility (in my everyday casual wardrobe).

What is YOUR go-to hat ?

131672002.jpg

Here is the hat, covering for me at the office.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner