What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

These look every bit as good as IH. Amazing!

sweetfights, ton312 and Mrfrown like this.
  2. Blackadder

Blackadder Call Me a Cab

A cold front and finally able to try out the newly acquired Mobster. This is becoming one of my favourites. I don't think I can find a better fit than the Few off the rack. I have four the Few jackets and all fit perfectly which is pretty rare given my round body.
    image2.jpeg image1.jpeg

3. King B

King B One of the Regulars

Thanks.

cdallas likes this.
  4. King B

King B One of the Regulars

Thanks. No idea what this model is called. I do have a few Trialmasters so I understand what you mean.

Mrfrown likes this.
  5. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

I am not usually one to ask for fit advice, but the fact that i waited almost 4 years for this jacket means i am really struggling to be objective...
    The upper chest and arms look good, but the stomach area feels like a bag.
    When i wear it it feels too big, but seeing the pictures it looks kinda ok.

What says you TFL?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jeo, dudewuttheheck, cdallas and 19 others like this.
  6. Blackadder

Blackadder Call Me a Cab

Your Langlitz Columbia looks even bigger than this one but I guess this one does't have the laces that you can tighten the waist up to the max.

Carlos840 likes this.
  7. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

All the measurements on the Langlitz are smaller than the Goodwear...

8. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

"I heard you paint houses..."

IMG_0650.jpg IMG_0657.jpg

9. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

It fits fine. After a while, the time/fit/neurosis thing goes away.

Benny Holiday and Carlos840 like this.
  10. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan A-List Customer

It's always difficult to judge a fit based on photos only. The photos actually indicate that the jacket turns out a bit too big in the lower section (stomach/waist area). But more important is how you feel when you wear the jacket. From my experience I can say, if I slip into a jacket and it doesn't fit perfectly, I can't live with it (that is more based on a feeling than on optic). The question is: Can YOU live with it or not ...

Alexlutov, willyto and Carlos840 like this.
  11. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Holy cow you got it!?! I thought you left the queue! I think it looks good! Not too big but room to layer.

mr_lits, Benny Holiday and Carlos840 like this.
  12. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

@Carlos840 The LL looks like a better fit, as do some of your other jackets. This is a bit boxy in the body, though nothing egregious like my AL Roadster. This GW looks real good. I may be in the TFL-minority, but I think the pursuit of perfection is wasted time. Nothing is perfect, except maybe your Himel lol. Will it be in 10 years? I dunno (channeling my inner monitor here). This jacket looks good my man. Ultimately your call, like others have said. Lord knows I have moved on from jackets.

tmitchell59, Carlos840 and Monitor like this.
  13. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 Call Me a Cab

Carlos - looks like one to use with sweatshirts, etc. just a bit boxy but I think it's a nice, relaxed fit overlal. The way trends change, hang onto it, it may well be the "in" fit in 10 years.

Carlos840 likes this.
  14. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Its not a spectacle of a fit like the LaBrea or the Chevalier but it does seem too big to me. At all. I would have no doubts wearing that. Not the kind of jacket you would want to fit much different, I guess. I mean, it looks good, there is no debate there as far as I am concerned.

Carlos840 likes this.
  15. Hh121

Hh121 One Too Many

LW Olive roadhouse for warmer afternoon 9CCCC505-3A50-4C30-9AE7-BBAAAB23E8CB.jpeg

16. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

It's not "mine" it's the one Terry sold a few weeks ago, it went to another member who offered it to me.
    Unfortunately the numbers where not as expected and it is too big...

ton312 likes this.
  17. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Looks great- just a different style and fit.
    When you are use to a tapered look and fit it can feel "big" around the stomach when you try on a different style. Do not let it bother you. This jacket fits you perfectly in my opinion.

torfjord, Boyo, navetsea and 4 others like this.
  18. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

FWIW I think it looks pretty damn good but I understand what you are feeling. The test for me is how it feels open ( I don’t close my jackets all that often). If it feels too big open...it’s too big.

19. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

It's ironic, as a 90s kid i spent a good 10 years of my life wearing stuff that was at least one size too big for me, now i really struggle with that.

@ton312 it definitely feels too big compared to what i would have wanted had i gone through with the order. It feels like it fits like an off the rack jacket usually fits me, a bag at the waist.

20. Angel

Angel New in Town

Sleeves and back look perfect. I think a half belt does not have to be super trim like a cafe racer. Look at the pictures how they were back in the 30s or 50s. This could be the jacket you will be still wearing in ten years. Let it adapt to your body or your body to the jacket, both ways will work! Enjoy!

ton312 likes this.