What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman A-List Customer

Spring/summer uniform in February. Screenshot_20200218_203139_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

2. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Navyblue type III Canvas.

AbbaDatDeHat and El Marro like this.
  3. Tan Thedi again....

20190214_190053.jpg

4. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

For all the great points about this place, the exposure to great jacket makers and swapping info about repairs and new products and shared likes/experiences, the downside, and this is of course just me talking, the downside is we've got to the point where we know what the ultra-perfect fit is we want to achieve and for many of us it's so obsessive that we let go of some really great jackets that still fit well - they just don't fit our neurosis about the all-consuming "perfect" fit. Now guys I'm not criticising anyone, far from it, I'm preaching to myself here - I know I over obsess about fit myself. And everyone who's said the jacket is too big, your opinion is every bit as valid as my 2 cents' worth.

I guess what I'm saying is that I've seen some exemplary jackets pictured here and the more you see that the more anything even slightly less than that photographed perfection falls short of the mark. If I hadn't looked at those pics, well, ignorance is bliss; I'd have been happy with a fit that is just what your average person who's into this style would dig - I'm not talking mall jacket blousiness here (is blousiness even a word?). Looking at old photos of halfbelts, Depression-era jackets and WWII flight jackets is good for bringing me back to reality. Not everything fit like it was bespoke, and yet it still looked good and many times rough and utilitarian.

So we know what Carlos means when he feels it's not as good a fit as his other jackets, but if I were to show his photos to some of my non-FL friends who are into vintage clothing and style, they'd just say what a cool jacket it was and how good he looks in it. They wouldn't pick up on it not being a super-duper perfect fit, because it fits well and looks cool.

JMax, sweetfights, Mrfrown and 4 others like this.
  5. marker2037

marker2037 Familiar Face

I think the jacket looks fine on you, even though you seem to have other more close fitted jackets. This may feel looser now, but the profile still looks great. I think it deserves to be broken in and worn more to better meld it to your body. As was previously said, a slim fit denim jacket underneath would be a great look with this jacket if you want to layer.

Benny Holiday and El Marro like this.
  6. mtrlr

mtrlr One of the Regulars

That's the best fit A-2 I've seen. I'm not much into flight jacket, but this picture of yours really get me thinking.

7. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman A-List Customer

Will try to put some consecutive days on this guy. Screenshot_20200219_091841_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

8. Brettafett

Brettafett One Too Many

Seal Liberty BK Roughwear 23380 today. Phone pics are tricky, colours on the right is relatively accurate.
    BK RW23380 Feb2020.jpg

9. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

Thank you everyone for your input.

Although most of you were positive about the fit it just wasn't right for me.
    I don't think i would have ever worn it feeling good about it.
    It should be on it's way tomorrow to it's new owner...

AeroFan_07, willyto, JMax and 2 others like this.
  10. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan A-List Customer

Wise decision... ;)

Carlos840 likes this.
  11. torfjord

torfjord Practically Family

08B3C25C-F5C6-4D13-847B-C4D9AF470A1B.jpeg

Natural CXL Dustbowl on a sunny day. Norwegian fisherman’s sweater adds quite a bit of warmth.

12. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Eastman B3

Attached Files:

Whitters, King B, navetsea and 4 others like this.
  13. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Attached Files:

14. Hh121

Hh121 One Too Many

Aero HB 228C1119-3EA4-468B-8CA1-84DDFC267C42.jpeg B3EBC1E5-B3B5-4D65-A467-DE8A27736F6D.jpeg 37652E38-D08C-44B5-BCA4-2E69F01CB4FC.jpeg

15. Captain Sensible

Captain Sensible A-List Customer

Eastman
    704A3399-F7EA-4498-B4F5-BB5F7A716879.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  16. hondurasdave47

hondurasdave47 A-List Customer

King B and Hh121 like this.
  17. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

18. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Although I didn’t truly get to wear it today I couldn’t wait to get home and put on this Natal. Easily the thickest hide I’ve had from any maker to date. What’s most impressive is how comfortable it is. Like a 10lb deerskin. It drapes beautifully. Just when I thought I was going full denim bro...brother Ivan pulled me back into the fray. Really love this one. Just feels right. Understated and easy to wear 0A7C1874-DE47-415A-BBE3-79370C8B8E25.jpeg
    255A4F10-B1FB-4F5F-B4C1-8A1EEFE7526D.jpeg

AeroFan_07, Alexlutov, Rawky and 29 others like this.
  19. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

That's it, I want it back! Why did I sell this perfection of a jacket? Because of LW which is hilarious because with all the Stu's manifestos on how heavy their HH is, this Natal is literally 2x thick. Maybe more. At first when I only had the vest, I thought it's some lightweight version but nooo... Stu's HH just isn't that heavy.

In short, it fits you better than anything so far. I mean it.

RustyM, SinSir, ton312 and 1 other person like this.
  20. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Man I love it. It shot up to my all time top three first time I put it on. I’ve been down the rabbit hole, chased plenty of LW, Vanson, Aero...many others. All spectacular in their own way for sure. I’m happy here though. It’s like pouring leather syrup over your shoulders. I’ll stick!