What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Will Zach

Will Zach Practically Family

@Carlos840 - from the many pics you post it is evident you like your jackets fairly snug and have the physique to pull it off. This jacket is outside that style. In fact, the fit and the slight flare at the hips are similar to the fit of my two HD Sportsters, both 42. If I got a 40, it would be too tight in the belly. For me, wearing a size up is okay because I like a hoodie underneath. I suspect your style is more form-fitting.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  2. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I understand. Just like the PHWM I had. Great in the chest and shoulders. And nowhere else. That’s why I toyed with moving the belt up. I get it man. The ideal for you would be this size with a drop sized waist. I do think it looks good now but I completely understand the sentiment. Life is so much easier when you just give up like I did and become a denim bro. LOL.

Jrolfe and Mrfrown like this.
  3. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

Dont forget, when you are totally cured of the leather bug you MUST allow me the opportunity to buy-back that Cal, collars and all.

King B, AeroFan_07 and ton312 like this.
  4. MrProper

MrProper One of the Regulars

It looks quite good from the front, but from the back I find the hem too wide. For a layer below it would be ok, but without layer it is too wide (for my taste)

5. navetsea

navetsea My Mail is Forwarded Here

like Ton said, or half denim bro wear it over a denim jacket,

personally I think on the photos the jacket looks fine on you, it might not fit trim and make you look bigger overall including the arm, but the jacket has a waist so it doesn't make you look fat, and after awhile when the leather has settled it might look even trimmer

marker2037 likes this.
  6. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 Call Me a Cab

This is something I feel quite a bit these days. I have moved overall to a "Large" as a general rule in causal dress shirts from an XL. For a bit in the early 2000's I even had some XXL's but was not larger than I am today. I would not do this today, but sweatshirts are still primarily XL...

Carlos840 likes this.
  7. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

@Carlos840, sorry man, to me it’s too big. The sleeves need to be tapered, and the shoulders brought in a bit IMO.

willyto likes this.
  8. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

I know, it's definitely not as good a fit as yours, the one that got me to put the deposit down in the first place, the one i was dreaming about...
    I agree with you, it's too big.

willyto likes this.
  9. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

I think it fits like a jacket for living a life of action not posing in. That’s a compliment btw.

10. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

+1.

11. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

If it's a tailor-made suit, I think that the nature of the fabric and fit are very much connected: it is possible to narrow down the margin of error quite satisfactorily, especially if multiple fittings are involved.

I've never felt that this was the case with leather- sometimes there's a lucky fit on someone's used item, or you get a pretty much ok fit, but the variations in hide, weight, layering and expectation - especially when we're talking online ordering - suggest to me that a (good- to very-) reasonable fit is a good outcome. My goat 50's HB drapes in a totally different way to any of my other jackets, and it might not 'fit' as well as my Cafe Racer, but it's ok by me.

Benny Holiday likes this.
  12. willyto

willyto One Too Many

I agree with you both but we seem to be the minority.

You won’t wear it as much, I can feel it. Also I don’t think it suits you as well as other jackets like the Himel Chevalier, Lewis Leathers MK2, the RMC, La brea(even with the snug shoulders and arms) or some others.

I’ve got an original Sunburst half belt that is size 42 and being now a size 38 it stills fit me because the waist and hem is slim enough. In your case the shoulders look dropped and the stomach/waist and hem look too big and flares at the bottom.

Half belts are supposed to be fitted at the waist, that’s what the belt does, it’s not just aesthetics.

13. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Aero Highwayman & today’s newspaper..

B65AB01F-1757-4735-8499-6FA6DFE2A12F.jpeg EDA446EB-3E69-4E04-95C6-83311F02A780.jpeg

14. Peter Mackin

Peter Mackin Practically Family

It’s too big,,gimme the numbers ,,if it fits I will take it :)

15. Blackadder

Blackadder Call Me a Cab

LVC 1879
    image3.jpeg

Mrfrown, marker2037, navetsea and 7 others like this.
  16. Brettafett

Brettafett One Too Many

Grabbed the AVI A-2 today. This is the 2019 version (currently still on website). Very light and comfortable A-2. I had the slightly darker seal knit, replaced with seal knit from MASH.
    Byson UK did the work, which was… ok.
    I don’t think this version is as Bronco-esque as the V1 and V2 jackets, but its my favourite. So easy to wear.
    AVI_A2_V2019_2020.jpg

17. Hh121

Hh121 One Too Many

LW Roadhouse FAAFD164-CBDB-46DB-B748-26A8B411A1DB.jpeg

18. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Carlos,
    Definitely late to the party here but I have to say that the Jacket looks just fine to me. Perfectly acceptable fit for the style and a new direction from many of the jackets you already own.
    The real question though is if it is something you want to wear. Do you reach for it when you walk out the door, or pass it by to grab something else that you like better? I have jackets that are stuck in this category and they never get worn despite the fact that I like them.

King B and Imuricecreamman like this.
  19. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman A-List Customer

I think that will be the problem of this jacket. I think it suits him fine, maybe cinch it a bit more in the waist if possible, but he has dialled in the fit of all the other jackets that this probably will be to much of an outlier for him to feel comfortable with the fit.

marker2037 and AeroFan_07 like this.
  20. King B

King B One of the Regulars

Goosecraft today. Dutch made Screenshot_20200218-172338_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200218-172350_Gallery.jpg

dudewuttheheck, cdallas, Dav and 3 others like this.