Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

draš katalenić

One of the Regulars
Today, Avirex G-1 Top Gun
IMG_20200404_135205_7.jpg

dannyk

One Too Many
I work in healthcare so I’ve been extremely busy and preoccupied. In any case a few weeks ago the last time I was on, I posted a photo here on my way to a photo shoot with my fiancé. There were two themes 1930s and 50s early 60s. I didn’t include all of the 50s shots I didn’t want to post 20 photos. I included 0 of the 1930s as that was suit and tie costume. In any case I hope you all enjoy these as much as I did taking them. The hat was from a local store here in Buffalo called O’Connells, jacket is 50s Sears Oakbrook. Jeans are Pure Blue Japan, and shoes are George Cox Strummer Shoes. George Cox have been making Creepers in the UK for forever, including this model. Which they renamed after Joe Strummer (Vocals/Guitar The Clash) after he bought several pairs over the years.
View attachment 224811 View attachment 224812 View attachment 224813 View attachment 224814 View attachment 224815 View attachment 224816 View attachment 224810
I forgot to say one thing. The one at the table where my fiancé’s arms are up and I’m making a fist. The photographer wanted me to throw a piece of popcorn in her mouth and we nailed it first try. That was her excitement and me being proud of myself haha

I work in healthcare so I’ve been extremely busy and preoccupied. In any case a few weeks ago the last time I was on, I posted a photo here on my way to a photo shoot with my fiancé. There were two themes 1930s and 50s early 60s. I didn’t include all of the 50s shots I didn’t want to post 20 photos. I included 0 of the 1930s as that was suit and tie costume. In any case I hope you all enjoy these as much as I did taking them. The hat was from a local store here in Buffalo called O’Connells, jacket is 50s Sears Oakbrook. Jeans are Pure Blue Japan, and shoes are George Cox Strummer Shoes. George Cox have been making Creepers in the UK for forever, including this model. Which they renamed after Joe Strummer (Vocals/Guitar The Clash) after he bought several pairs over the years.
View attachment 224811 View attachment 224812 View attachment 224813 View attachment 224814 View attachment 224815 View attachment 224816 View attachment 224810

Too damn cool, both of you.

Took a stroll in my stupid-heavy HWM, the thought process being that the government spoke up against going out unnecessarily and with this thing weighting me down, I wouldn't come far anyway.

View attachment 224970

I'm sure that's not the case in Germany too but here in Croatia, for the whole month now, the government has been recommending everyone to stay at home because the disease spreads much slower outside which is why it is recommended to spend as much time outside, in fresh air, as long as we don't leave our homes because staying put spreads the virus.

I am acting accordingly.

These are brilliant! You guys look awesome. And you know what, you just made me realize I need to keep my Sears Oakbrook. I think it fits us the same and if it looks 30% as good on me, no freaking way I'm letting go of that jacket.

dannyk

One Too Many
These are brilliant! You guys look awesome. And you know what, you just made me realize I need to keep my Sears Oakbrook. I think it fits us the same and if it looks 30% as good on me, no freaking way I'm letting go of that jacket.
Good call! Like I kind of hinted in your sale post. I have jackets that beat it in almost every category. Better this and better that. There’s not one thing on it that stands out or kills it. But for some reason it just works. I love it. And it fits so well. Id say damn near perfect. So I don’t know what it is that it has, but it has it, loads of “it.”

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey regius, i thought you would appreciate this. I got a new Arcadia recently and I learned from john that the piping on them (and this campus) is 1/4 inch nylon rope up under the leather, a strip of leather also is sewn behind the rope to keep it in place, cool design!
thanks for this! Yes, I am familiar with the anatomy. I love the piping design!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff