Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Ha ! I think it was lavender. This was "granola" and all the young "hipster" Chefs have their own take on it.

I realise it is "very good" for me, my conscience ( and MORE haha..) is very clean thereafter !

(Obviously I am out with my wife and NOT my monster Harley crew !)

Simmons Bilt Nebraska coast 2.jpg

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Today - much more dull, drab gray outdoors but enough time for a quick snap of the Cafe Racer. Rain coming in soon and for the next few days afterwards.
DSC_0684_01.jpg

Fully apprecaite the comments about the light yesturday, time did not permit a better staging, just wanted to snap & go. 12:00 full sunshine is perhaps the most difficult light to shoot in, no matter what you are trying to shoot.

View attachment 225384 Not much of a quarantine in Sweden as of yet. Enjoying the spring weather with my kids. Aero 59’er highwayman, photo courtesy of my 5 year old.

Local news are filled with articles of how you guys aren't "taking the Corona seriously", which I personally believe is BS altogether but I was wondering, what's the general opinion in Sweden about the lack of extremely drastic measurements to avoid calling them dictatorial, some countries have implemented?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Local news are filled with articles of how you guys aren't "taking the Corona seriously", which I personally believe is BS altogether but I was wondering, what's the general opinion in Sweden about the lack of extremely drastic measurements to avoid calling them dictatorial, some countries have implemented?

It's a complicated matter, but the quick answer is that there is a high degree of public confidence in the way the authorities are handling the situation. Of course there are people that are critical and afraid and want more drastic measures, I know a few of them myself. They are looking at other countries and comparing their measures with Sweden's and find our authorities too lenient and relaxed I guess. Everyone is aware that Sweden has (so far) chosen a way to combat this crisis that greatly differs from most other countries (perhaps with the exception of the Netherlands).

I don't pretend to be an epidiemiologist, but it's just a fact of life that in any scientific field you can find experts with differing opinions. Even more so when you are facing a new phenomenon like Covid-19.

For myself, I have trust that the Swedish government are doing the best that they can to get us through this crisis. The approach has been to issue "recommendations" to the public rather than pass laws against going outside. The recommendations include to reduce social contacts, stay at home at the slightest sign of symptoms, keep a distance of 2 m from others in shops and on the streets, work from home if you are able, refrain from non-essential travels, things like that. For risk groups (elderly and sick), they have recommended as near to total isolation as possible.

I think this approach works fairly well in Sweden, but I don't know if it would work everywhere. We're a small country, high levels of education, high degree of trust in government authorities, low levels of corruption. So most people actually listens to recommendations from authorities. For example the government has not closed down restaurants (yet), but most people have stopped visiting them and there is a big risk that most if not all restaurants will go bankrupt in the coming weeks.

Sorry if this response became overly long (and off topic), but it's a complicated question that I thought deserved a more detailed response.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Maybe the Bartenders can move these few posts to a COVID thread, but we are all walking a tightrope here - too little social distancing and the number of deaths will be unacceptable in a modern society, too long a period of social distancing (as in many months going forward) and we'll have no economy to speak of on the other side. They really need to rush this vaccine.

@torfjord - No, no. Thank you for the detailed reply! Really what I wanted to hear. Plus I don't think we're going off topic here as I have nothing to add, was just curious to hear what's going on in Sweden since we know none of news portal are to be trusted.

I think this approach works fairly well in Sweden, but I don't know if it would work everywhere. We're a small country, high levels of education, high degree of trust in government authorities, low levels of corruption. So most people actually listens to recommendations from authorities. For example the government has not closed down restaurants (yet), but most people have stopped visiting them and there is a big risk that most if not all restaurants will go bankrupt in the coming weeks.

Just wanna add - this is the most important bit & why I believe the media is blowing the whole thing with Sweden out of proportion. I've been saying the exact same thing since the whole thing started; It's not a fair comparison.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My grail jacket. The shop that sold the jacket to Einstein is still there. It's called Hilton's and is on Witherspoon Street. Einstein would have walked past it on his way to the University from his house. It's a small storefront but goes way into the back and sells jeans, boots, sweatshirts, etc. It's right off Duval Street, the main drag in Princeton and is worth visiting if you're in the area. Right around the corner is Landau's, a great old shop that sells Harris Tweeds, Scneider Loden coats, Irish and Scottish woolies, etc. A great shop and really nice people.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch