What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

I think you are right. The coolness of the hooks is off the charts. My jacket is a bit newer, but the design is similar (alas, no hooks...;). For $80 plus shipping I figure I cannot go wrong. There is an older Vanek on eBay out of Ukraine (also without the hooks) for which the seller is asking $320. Regarding the hooks - is it possible that these jackets were custom-made for the Austrian MC police and the rest of them did not have them?

2. Angel

Angel Familiar Face

Great! I also have the whole outfit but only used the jacket. Just read that Arnold Schwarzenegger ordered the exact jacket from Vanek after seeing it at the funeral of a former Austrian president.

Mawashi likes this.
  3. Angel

Angel Familiar Face

Yes, they were always custom made for the policemen. But they also offered the same jacket for everybody.
    If it fits you, you made a good buy! Cheers!

4. Monitor

Monitor

I also read that they had the basic police model and the civilian version they could modify any way you'd want. Padded elbows / shoulders, quilted bits, etc. Same as Langlitz, actually. Few models you could extensively mod. The gear is similar weight like Langlitz mid weight cowhide. Very tough, beautiful leather. Even though the suit I got must be ancient, the leather feels literally brand new.

That's actually really cool! Just read about it. Shame Vanek doesn't have a website, I'd love them to date my suit. I think it's really old. But the quality and the make of Vanek gear is off the charts. It's really something else. Shame more people don't know of these Austrian and German makers, like Harro which also used to make motorcycle jackets that ought be as famous and sought after as any Buco.

Anyhow, is your jacket also lined in moleskin?

Angel, Mawashi and Will Zach like this.
  5. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man One Too Many

Today's outing to the coast took the Schott "Highwayman" out for a spin. Nice warm lined jacket this.
    Max 20C here today , plus seabreeze a plenty (I know, we are WIMPS if you are from a snowbelt country !)
    Not 100% sure this is the fabled Schott "Highwayman" but it is for sure a Schott.
    With jacket "zippered up" the sleeves are fine in length , but as they are not zippered sleeves not for the Harley.
    Like few of the collection effectively a "car coat".
    COVID-19 social distancing still very much to the fore , so it's a take out latte and a walk on the coastal pathway.
    On the horizon are a string of large ships waiting to berth in turn at Fremantle harbour 35 K's south.
    Schott Highwayman coast 2.jpg
    Schott 6875 Highwayman 1.jpg

King B, Jarman, jeo and 13 others like this.
  6. Dav

Dav One Too Many

I seem to be wearing this a lot at the moment, this was yesterday
    ELC A-1 IMG_20200420_102352.jpg

King B, Jarman, El Marro and 29 others like this.
  7. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

That’s a real nice Schott! 20 C and you will see me in shorts and a T-shirt. It was 15 in Stockholm yesterday and my kids took off all their clothes and ran around in their underwear
    I’m sure you would experience 20 C differently if you lived somewhere cooler for a few years. And vice versa.

Downunder G Man likes this.
  8. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I don't own any shorts and don't wear them even when it is 48 degrees here. More reason to cover up. 20 degrees is cool here and definitely jacket weather. It was 20 today and I wore a sweater and a leather jacket. :eek::rolleyes:

9. Downunder G Man

I hear you. I have lived in Australia since the early 1990's ( Scottish before that , and forever since haha..)
    My first 2 years I wore shorts and polo shirts to work all year round. Like a "newbie" as they called us here then !
    Almost 30 years on I am now "Dinky-Di" Australian , but I do still have and wear shorts in the summer..
    From the Northern hemisphere what I do miss is the long days and short nights of summer, daylight until near 11PM.
    Not so here...

torfjord likes this.
  10. Captain Sensible

Captain Sensible A-List Customer

Is the T shirt a pun or old work gear? Or both :)

Downunder G Man likes this.
  11. Downunder G Man

Undoubtedly BOTH haha...

Yes the old ( very old !) "Scottish Power" T shirt. I have a few of these all approaching a look of weariness ..

No wonder as they are half my age , maybe slightly more !

Captain Sensible likes this.
  12. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

[​IMG]

Willie Watson jacket

Jarman, El Marro, navetsea and 14 others like this.
  13. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

My loved storebrand Storm Rider, these days. :cool:

Everyone should get a check-lined Storm Rider! :)

Attached Files:

14. casechopper

casechopper My Mail is Forwarded Here

New to me Excelled jacket. I'm very happy with the fit and feel of this jacket. Surprisingly nice jacket for $50

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

King B, Jarman, El Marro and 30 others like this.
  15. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

That is very nice, @dudewuttheheck. Very old-timey, great look with the cap.

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  16. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Nailed the fit and at $50, woot!

JMax and casechopper like this.
  17. Mawashi

Mawashi One of the Regulars

Worth every cent n more!

Monitor and casechopper like this.
  18. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

The quality was great on my Excelled Indian Ranger!
    They go for cheap on ebay, but are fantastic jackets. Congratulations on the pick-up! It looks perfect on you.

casechopper likes this.
  19. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

9754E0A5-3B66-4805-810C-2F4EEA2A17BD.jpeg
    323FBB9C-72E9-4276-B6B7-BDA60369E327.jpeg

Pulled this one out after some discussing in another thread: The Majestic in rust Goat-suede. Trying to get some RocknRoll vibes into a luxurious jacket.

20. Monitor

Monitor

Dude, where do you get inspiration for your style? You just get the stuff that you like or do you look at the old photos? TBH, three people here do it right and you're one of 'em. Jacket and jeans is cool but this is very much closer to what this forum is all about... And I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

Mawashi and dudewuttheheck like this.