Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Angel

One of the Regulars
Following @Monitor 's idea I pulled out a jacket that I didn't wear since I bought it (very cheap). Austrian or German origin but no maker to find out. Seems to be very old, maybe 50's. Great leather!
20200422_143601.jpg
20200422_143732.jpg

Whoever designed the logo on your mask doesn't get to see naked ladies very often...
I cannot be the only one seeing it!

I see it now that you mention it but considering I'm on benzos these days, I initially saw a rabbit snout. But yeah, doesn't mean much right now coming from me because if it was Scarlett Jo's leaked photo printed on that mask, I still wouldn't have seen it...

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
For the Fans of wide collars, I present my '30's Half Belt, one I've not worn a lot in the past 2 years. It's still a great jacket, a bit toward the snug side in the shoulders, upper chest area for me now due to weightlifting. Apolgies for some eyes-shut photos :)

DSC_0759_01.jpg DSC_0762_01.jpg DSC_0761_01.jpg

Enjoy time away from most of society!

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I see it now that you mention it but considering I'm on benzos these days, I initially saw a rabbit snout. But yeah, doesn't mean much right now coming from me because if it was Scarlett Jo's leaked photo printed on that mask, I still wouldn't have seen it...
Hilarious Monitor

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Keeping with the German/Austrian Jacket Week, here's my Anton Vanek which arrived to NJ in 1 day from the UK...! One day - I could not believe it. It arrived in the AM today and the guy shipped it from Gloucester in the PM on the 21th. That is quicker than from NY to NJ...It was shipped via UPS Worldwide Saver via Parcel2Go.com, went via Koeln. Landed at EWR at 5:30 AM today and in my house at 11 AM...Insist on it when you order stuff from across the pond! Anyway, the jacket is made from dense, stiff mid-weight cow hide. Weighs around 4 lbs and is lined with moleskin. The hide feels very substantial because of its stiffness, although it is not thick. Fits me well, except the sleeves are on the short side. The jacket looks like it has barely been used. Overall very pleased for $80 plus unbelievable shipping for $39...:)

P1060316.jpg
P1060302.jpg

Last edited:

Corky Corcovado

Practically Family
My score today: Rich Sher Steerhide Police Jacket. Great deal on eBay, I'm sure someone else saw this. @Gamma68 @tmitchell59.
0422201104-01.jpeg
0422201105-01.jpeg
0422201105a-01.jpeg

One piece back, quilted liner, side adjusters, epaulets, etc...with pinholes from the badge and arm patches. I might customize with racing numbers and patches, we'll see. For $45 I'm pleased. Fit pics to come, it's still quasi-quarantined on the front deck.

Keeping with the German/Austrian Jacket Week, here's my Anton Vanek which arrived to NJ in 1 day from the UK...! One day - I could not believe it. It arrived in the AM today and the guy shipped it from Gloucester in the PM on the 21th. That is quicker than from NY to NJ...It was shipped via UPS Worldwide Saver via Parcel2Go.com, went via Koeln. Landed at EWR at 5:30 AM today and in my house at 11 AM...Insist on it when you order stuff from across the pond! Anyway, the jacket is made from dense, stiff mid-weight cow hide. Weighs around 4 lbs and is lined with moleskin. The hide feels very substantial because of its stiffness, although it is not thick. Fits me well, except the sleeves are on the short side. The jacket looks like it has barely been used. Overall very pleased for $80 plus unbelievable shipping for $39...:)

View attachment 229779 View attachment 229780

That's exactly the fit I was talking about! My jacket is smaller on me but it's got the same nice squared shoulders and flattering shape. Complete opposite of some of the Langlitz styles which I find on the exact opposite of the spectrum. Really cool. No wonder Arnie fell in love with the jacket! :D

But... I mean, if you didn't post photos, I'm not sure you'd be able to convince me the jacket arrived this quick. I'm not even sure how's that technically possible! That's just insane, not to mention the shipping is lower than it costs me to ship within the EU.

My score today: Rich Sher Steerhide Police Jacket. Great deal on eBay, I'm sure someone else saw this. @Gamma68 @tmitchell59.
View attachment 229781 View attachment 229782 View attachment 229783
One piece back, quilted liner, side adjusters, epaulets, etc...with pinholes from the badge and arm patches. I might customize with racing numbers and patches, we'll see. For $45 I'm pleased. Fit pics to come, it's still quasi-quarantined on the front deck.
$45??!??!?!?
source.gif

That's a ridiculous score!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 229781 View attachment 229782 View attachment 229783
That hide speaks!
Outstanding

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
That's exactly the fit I was talking about! My jacket is smaller on me but it's got the same nice squared shoulders and flattering shape. Complete opposite of some of the Langlitz styles which I find on the exact opposite of the spectrum. Really cool. No wonder Arnie fell in love with the jacket! :D

But... I mean, if you didn't post photos, I'm not sure you'd be able to convince me the jacket arrived this quick. I'm not even sure how's that technically possible! That's just insane, not to mention the shipping is lower than it costs me to ship within the EU.

I think people are not flying so airlines are hauling packages for UPS. I am serious, I read somewhere about it...

Out for Delivery 04/22/2020 8:43 A.M. Secaucus, NJ, United States

Past Event Cleared Customs 04/21/2020 11:16 P.M. -

Past Event Shipped 04/21/2020 11:26 A.M. Gloucester, United Kingdom

Past Event Label Created 04/21/2020 11:09 A.M. United Kingdom

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider