Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Hey Monitor, I keep thinking about the “three people”. If I may guess, it would be
1. DudeWTH for impeccable style.
2. Trenchfriend for admirable defiance and
3. A1 for getting out with only 3 (?) jackets.

:)

Trenchfriend for sure, especially because of the denim shorts.

Lol, well, what I meant was people who do the whole get-up just right and in the spirit of the forum. Not saying anyone dresses badly of course - far from it, I find WJAYWT super inspiring every day - but Dude always looks like he walked out of the 1950's, even if it's the romanticized, movie version. I can't remember other peoples names (my brain is kind of messed up that way and can't wire words that aren't objects with anything so I hear names as mumbles and sounds) but for example, the awesome dude in jeans overalls and a jean jacket recently, etc.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Hey Monitor, I keep thinking about the “three people”. If I may guess, it would be
1. DudeWTH for impeccable style.
2. Trenchfriend for admirable defiance and
3. A1 for getting out with only 3 (?) jackets.

:)
Thanks you don't know how much I appreciate you saying that right now :)

Trenchfriend for sure, especially because of the denim shorts.

Lol, well, what I meant was people who do the whole get-up just right and in the spirit of the forum. Not saying anyone dresses badly of course - far from it, I find WJAYWT super inspiring every day - but Dude always looks like he walked out of the 1950's, even if it's the romanticized, movie version. I can't remember other peoples names (my brain is kind of messed up that way and can't wire words that aren't objects with anything so I hear names as mumbles and sounds) but for example, the awesome dude in jeans overalls and a jean jacket recently, etc.
Since I don't actually live in the '50s I'm hoping the romanticized version is acceptable :)

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
30's Halfbelt in Navy Blue, a bit too snug all the way around, so listed back into the classifieds. So close yet...

DSC_0766.JPG

Jedy617

Familiar Face
First jacket and your done. Now leave this forum while you can!

Seriously: very, very nice jacket and a perfect fit. I have to say, the Badalassi keeps growing on me.

I know the deal haha, happens with every hobby. First one is perfect so I shouldn't need anymore right? I wish that was the case haha. Thinking next one will either be a highwayman or maybe a hooch hauler in either navy or black cxl or dark seal. Have to get some contrast to this one!

Yes, I was hesitant to bid since one collar is smaller than another, but eventually went for it since the price is relatively low.
But you probably didn't know that I was just few seconds away from that Trojan.

I guess I should post more pictures of the Trojan.

The price of the Roadhouse was really low, and I fell asleep at the wheel. Lol.

Lesco MC jacket in size 40 came in today from eBay. Heavy hide, brass hardware. My first cross-zip. Not sure if the wife will let me rock it; she will say it is a textbook example of a mid-life crisis. I will say - honey, you ain't seen nothin yet - and will go buy a Harley... lol.

View attachment 230136

View attachment 230137

If this is how midlife crisis looks like, I can't wait to get there. Perfect!!!

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Schott 637 today. This is the Vintage with "vintage bouquet" jacket from a while back.
Same jacket where I had to bolster the starting to tear Zipper tape with Superglue ?
That repair looks good for years to come. AND the jacket now smells nice !
Eucalyptus woolwash and R.M. Williams Leather treatment.
Good layering jacket for "winter" this , no zipped sleeves so another "car coat"
Only an untucked T below today , as it hit 22C with surprisingly little wind
Schott 637 coast 1.jpg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
dudewuttheheck -- just saying, you are always more than on-top of your game there! Always look forward to your posts, your positive spirit, and especially your photgraphy. Very well done and always creative.

Also @dudewuttheheck's blog is great. In the sea of blogs which are click bait, almostvintagestyle actually delivers value and has plenty of fascinating reads.

I’ll most definitely add that.... @dudewuttheheck knows how to kick some Hatass too!
The man wears the hat.
B

Thanks very much all. Been getting a lot of grief in other places recently so it does feel nice to read words like these here :) :)

Much love!

HLoavjB.jpg

mzuOOFk.jpg

Monsivais cap and Freewheelers jacket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails