What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

A final shot of this blue 30's HB before it went in the box to it's new owner in Illinois. An amazing piece of FQHH that just was not quite the right fit for me.

DSC_0764.JPG

2. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

[​IMG]
    I rarely wear this the last 6 yrs, but i put on a hanger next to a window in my walkincloset room, i think the color has oxidated somewhat looking more vintage
    Would hate this color as a jeans pants, but strangely nice for a jacket
    [​IMG]
    In comparison with its back collar tab i kept in my drawer

3. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

My newest and already one of my favorites. Looks good/feels good, smells like Horsehide.

DSC09454.JPG DSC09453.JPG

4. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan Practically Family

Pherrow’s Vintage Style Car Jacket 15W-PWJ1

Patch on Front, embroidery on Back:

IMG_E4465.JPG

IMG_4467.JPG

IMG_4468.JPG

El Marro, Boyo, tmitchell59 and 9 others like this.
  5. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Mawashi likes this.
  6. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan Practically Family

+1
    A perfect lighter weight Jacket for upcoming warmer days here in Europe...

7. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

Your Thedis are absolutely perfect in every regard!

Classic example of "different bodytypes": I normally wear a 42, but my Thedi is an "L", and I wouldn´t want it to be any roomier.

marker2037 likes this.
  8. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

If you look at Theodoros wearing is own jackets on his FB or Insta, he prefers his stuff VERY form-fitting. Of course, with his physique he pulls it off extremely well, but I guess that goes a long way to explain the sleeve-chest-ratio of his designs.

marker2037 likes this.
  9. Mawashi

Mawashi One of the Regulars

I tried on a premium highwayman in a size 40. Please excuse the bad photography and dressing, I was just wearing a tee n jeans.

IMG_20200507_153649.jpg IMG_20200508_202805.jpg IMG_20200507_153342.jpg IMG_20200507_142109.jpg

I'm the last photo I pulled it down straight a bit and tucked in my tee.

The fit seems ok except the sides balloon out a little and the 25" sleeve is a tad too short lol. I think 26.25 to 26.5 would be about spot on.

Strangely the sleeves in my dress shirt measure 64cm or 25" I think it's how the sleeves bunch up a bit on this jacket that shrinks it an inch or so.

I'm thinking of getting this as my first jacket and I could do worse I suppose lol.

10. Mandarin

Mandarin A-List Customer

The way the sleeves fit are linked to the shoulder width. If the shoulder width is 17', then the sleeves will fall slightly shorter than with an 18' width. I don't think you should size up in this case, but you might want to order longer sleeves.

Mawashi likes this.
  11. Mawashi

Hi Mandarin,

I measured my dress shirt, its 45cm at the shoulders (straight across) and 64cm with the sleeves.
    I'm guessing that leather is much thicker and can bunch up a bit so, I might have to order shoulders around 18" with 26" sleeves.

And of course a slimmer belly area lol!

Thx

Mandarin likes this.
  12. casechopper

casechopper My Mail is Forwarded Here

Tellason Heavyweight Coverall with a new to me Real McCoys flannel that I'd thought was lost in the mail. It was marked delivered a month ago and appeared in my mailbox yesterday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Monitor

Monitor

Might as well pass it on now. It's really huge on you.

casechopper and Mawashi like this.
  14. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

15. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I would add a little length too. The key to controlling the “balloon” is to let out the side straps all the way.

Mawashi likes this.
  16. Mawashi

And by how much please?

17. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

This much:
    4F6C3DDB-9046-452B-8CC9-97CEACACEC69.jpeg
    The chest and back also look a little roomy...you could maybe go a size down, depending on feel. You could also try the Premier Halfbelt with the Highwayman details for less balloon shape

18. Finn Vigorous

Finn Vigorous Familiar Face

The Premier HWM is a tricky model fit-wise. I know as I have one in the production queue and tweaked it quite a bit with Holly before ordering.

The upper part is really close-fitting with high cut armholes and relatively narrow shoulder width. Yet, the rest of the jacket carry the HWM heritage with more room from armpit to hem, no taper and low-ish back length, i.e. the boxy cut.

I have always liked the classic HWM and have had two of them as all-rounders before. Having dropped some weight, the normal HWM is simply too baggy, so I ended up ordering the premier version but had to size up to get the upper part right, and then added some taper to the sides as well as my usual +1" to length and sleeves.

That said, I would spec the Premier HWM very carefully with an expert (Holly, Carrie etc.) before ordering.

19. ton312

ton312

Iron Heart 21oz type III tux De-LUX defeater
    5C621211-24AC-4764-BDB6-7A42A6871D60.jpeg

20. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

SC 28721B87-22CC-44A8-B0BA-B81820148A5A.jpeg