Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Jedy617

Familiar Face
20200508_152642.jpg

This is my second leather jacket just received today. A 1930's slim aero halfbelt in Navy cxl that I got used. It fits really well I think! Really weird it's very very short in the back, 24 inches (my sheene is 27). But the front is long enough to make it work imo. What do you all think?

Jedy617

Familiar Face
No but you need a shorter t shirt for sure. Drop front is just where it should be.[/Q
No, but it looks weird that the lower third looks like it's a different colour to the rest of it...
I noticed that too, almost an aqua blue. Doesn't really bother me, the jacket is only a year old, after a bunch of wear I'm sure it'll all blend together.

christian-h

One of the Regulars
has the zipper been replaced? How is it holding up? It's great that it's lasted that long!
The zipper is original and the jacket is in a really good condition. No holes, no rips and everything works just fine. This model doesn’t have a hidden hood and the sleeves comes without isn’t foldable like the M65 does. These details makes the jacket – in my opinion – even more pleasing to wear.

4592D532-2DF4-4BFE-92E6-DAE8435A9A8C.jpeg

zebedee

One Too Many
I noticed that too, almost an aqua blue. Doesn't really bother me, the jacket is only a year old, after a bunch of wear I'm sure it'll all blend together.

I thought it was the camera or the lighting. Kick the stuffing out of it and it'll all settle out.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ It is the lighting as much as anything. There is panel-to panel variation in this jacket, but it's pretty subtle. You can also see how this model (30's HB) had a shorted back than front. I picked it up from a Lounge member and found the fit to be off. This leather had really shown patina and was very flexible FQHH (Rather a thinner batch). Really glad this fits you well here and enjoy making it yours!

Jedy617

Familiar Face
^^ It is the lighting as much as anything. There is panel-to panel variation in this jacket, but it's pretty subtle. You can also see how this model (30's HB) had a shorted back than front. I picked it up from a Lounge member and found the fit to be off. This leather had really shown patina and was very flexible FQHH (Rather a thinner batch). Really glad this fits you well here and enjoy making it yours!
I had a test fit cafe racer in Navy cxl, and man it's crazy to think they are the same leather. I mean, color, feel and smell are the same, but the weight is very similar to Vicenza or my Badalassi. Not heavy at all. Really enjoy it so far.

Hh121

Banned
Cool jacket, love the stitching on cuffs, i just cant wear one if it doesn't cover my belt thats just my preference, how does that feel?
Best cross zip I have so far, the horsehide is insanely beautiful (and robust as well!), the grain is consistently distribute to entire jacket, never had anything like this before, definitely eye opening experience, I start to understand why some people are obsessed with Japanese hide and maker.
It does cover my belt.
E353042B-35F2-4CB4-AC5C-BE397DDCDB46.jpeg
171158CE-C9A4-41DC-8655-D9AFA91C350B.jpeg
511371EF-3738-4F29-BE1E-6172C8055B81.jpeg

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Best cross zip I have so far, the horsehide is insanely beautiful (and robust as well!), the grain is consistently distribute to entire jacket, never had anything like this before, definitely eye opening experience, I start to understand why some people are obsessed with Japanese hide and maker.
It does cover my belt.
View attachment 233769 View attachment 233770 View attachment 233771
Cool, those pics look alot better to me(because lenght perception) i like the back alot!

Mawashi

One of the Regulars
This much:
View attachment 233684
The chest and back also look a little roomy...you could maybe go a size down, depending on feel. You could also try the Premier Halfbelt with the Highwayman details for less balloon shape

The Premier HWM is a tricky model fit-wise. I know as I have one in the production queue and tweaked it quite a bit with Holly before ordering.

The upper part is really close-fitting with high cut armholes and relatively narrow shoulder width. Yet, the rest of the jacket carry the HWM heritage with more room from armpit to hem, no taper and low-ish back length, i.e. the boxy cut.

I have always liked the classic HWM and have had two of them as all-rounders before. Having dropped some weight, the normal HWM is simply too baggy, so I ended up ordering the premier version but had to size up to get the upper part right, and then added some taper to the sides as well as my usual +1" to length and sleeves.

That said, I would spec the Premier HWM very carefully with an expert (Holly, Carrie etc.) before ordering.

Thanks guys and I agree it's a bit of a tricky design. I guess if I'm a bit fuller in the middle and slightly shorter it'll fit better but being slim and somewhat athletic a half belt would likely suit me better.

I might go go for slightly more than a inch at the sleeves and roughly an inch for the length. For the taper I'll probably need some expert advice but great idea on how to avoid the balloon, thx Handymike!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I had a test fit cafe racer in Navy cxl, and man it's crazy to think they are the same leather. I mean, color, feel and smell are the same, but the weight is very similar to Vicenza or my Badalassi. Not heavy at all. Really enjoy it so far.

What was the weight like on the Navy Cafe Racer? The size 42 one she still has on their site?

Thanks guys and I agree it's a bit of a tricky design. I guess if I'm a bit fuller in the middle and slightly shorter it'll fit better but being slim and somewhat athletic a half belt would likely suit me better.

I might go go for slightly more than a inch at the sleeves and roughly an inch for the length. For the taper I'll probably need some expert advice but great idea on how to avoid the balloon, thx Handymike!
I wonder if you could ask them to shape the sides more like a board racer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ