What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

And I like the creasing and graining the leather develops. Rather quickly in the leather LW has used the past two years or so. The leather will wear like most other jackets, in typical spots especially. It just takes time and effort. Not everything has to happen quickly or artificially. I really like LW leather. The feel of it too. Love handling my LW jackets. @Marc mndt Sometimes I feel like I’m the one missing something lol. Not for everyone, but I guess nothing really is. I do receive compliments on the leather, especially the J23, from non-riders.

Plus, the jackets are heavy, durable, tough, as well made as a jacket could possibly be- all things I value while on a bike.

2. Jin431

Jin431 A-List Customer

No worries, hope you get the best fit that you are wanting. Also learned through here that size tag is relative as cut of pattern differs (also to take account which leather to use and liner to go with it) so you have to go with actual measurement for a better fit.

jonesy86, Mrfrown and handymike like this.
  3. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

^this is an incredibly important lesson, and it will save you lots of $$.

jonesy86 and Jin431 like this.
  4. Edward Reed

Edward Reed One of the Regulars

A splendid sneak preview of an early fall this week! This morning a lovely 68º with 12mph NNE winds... a low of 53º tonight!!!! Will be low 70s with overnights at mid 50s until thrusday so taking advantage by donning my Bronson Chinos, Dragonboot rough outs and a GoodWear J.A. Dubow A-2 jacket... its cloudy and strong breeze from the north... perfect for a short walk over to Home Depot to get a couple of things whilst lookin' all 40s and shit.... :p
    IMG_1362.JPG IMG_1372.JPG

5. Poul

Poul Familiar Face

Well normally wearing 36 S suit but you right jin that
    every jacket have different cut I have heard that 1930'slim fit half belt is really trim with high armhole(which is absolutely fine)size 38 FQHH brown colour and wool (tartan I guess)lining even if I am slim guy. Today I send email to aero with my dimensions Lets see how it works what Holly or Amanda wil say

Zoo likes this.
  6. Jin431

Jin431 A-List Customer

Definitely looks like a smart choice for the premier 30s HB, if you went with a 36 Im sure it will be a more flattering fit (and maybe it will be a t-shirt only kind of jacket if that's your style) but I'm not sure how much you can layer with that especially if you live somewhere colder.

That's a great pick of leather, I want a brown cxl too later on.

Don't know if this will help you decide as I don't have the exact measurements of the premier 30s half belt but for reference this is the measurement for a size 38 premier highwayman I received from thurston brothers
    Chest 20.5"
    Shoulder 17.25"
    Waist line/bottom hem 19"

7. Poul

Poul Familiar Face

My measure is between 36 and 38 my chest is 35.4 relaxed and 37 expanded and bottom hem 33,07 height 5'5''But keep that in mind that FQHH is really stiff and I think that 38 will probably fit (I think that people in aero will help me correct size for me) you know must be some room

Jin431 likes this.
  8. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

LW Ryder
    4701393B-6EB2-4F76-A588-A312988B6F57.jpeg 59782135-3DD2-4E47-8F44-53C4AF817B60.jpeg

9. Jin431

Jin431 A-List Customer

That's true they will give you the best information to make the best choice. They will ask you to wear clothes/pants with belt you want to wear the jacket with and retake your measurements.

The Fqhh horse should soften up depending how frequent and hard you wear it. I wore mine daily for 5 months and by that time it was where I wanted it to be, too bad it got stolen lol

10. ton312

ton312

Aero HWM(ane). V.2 midnight blue will Use this model as a base, have deleted waist band, add shoulder gusset, belt in same position and handwarmers zip closed toward hem with leather pullers. A kind of halfbelt x CHP concept. 16 weeks ought go by really fast. Right?
    18AD77BF-F3E4-4C53-A7FD-1D78B363D015.jpeg 325C44F2-DA51-451E-9CFA-0894F17C5F47.jpeg

Whitters, El Marro, Robbie79 and 30 others like this.
  11. Jin431

Jin431 A-List Customer

RIGHT!More than enough time to cycle through jackets as it's getting colder

ton312 likes this.
  12. Psant25

Psant25 Practically Family

Aero zip sleeve HWYman on my new FLHTP cop bike. Too bad my mc500 JL chp is not here @JMax style pic
    20C61A65-36EF-47D6-8EE5-5BC01305F539.jpeg

Whitters, El Marro, Zoo and 15 others like this.
  13. roadking04

roadking04 Practically Family

Congrats on the new bike!!! Looks great! Perfect time of the year to get a new bike and leather jacket in the Midwest. Awesome times ahead for you.

Psant25 and Jin431 like this.
  14. JMax

Hell’s ya!!!

Jin431 and Psant25 like this.
  15. ton312

ton312

Damn ya did it! Nice!

Psant25 likes this.
  16. Psant25

Psant25 Practically Family

Yeah quite the beast. Basically drives itself. Handles better than my fat bob which surprises me

17. JMax

The touring bikes handle better bud. Slow speed, high speed, turns, etc. Well balanced machines. Welcome to the party.

El Marro, Downunder G Man and Psant25 like this.
  18. mtrlr

mtrlr One of the Regulars

14C outside, so veg tanned steer hide jacket for a late afternoon stroll.

Attached Files:

torfjord, Zoo, Boyo and 12 others like this.
  19. jeo

jeo One of the Regulars

I agree with you to a degree. Not sure about their leathers now but I bought a Ryder in 3 oz. russet hh back in 2010 and the color was very dull in person. Not sure about artificial looking...maybe, but not as much as some cxl's that I've seen. But then again I've owned some cxl jackets that didn't look artificial and plasticy. They vary tremendously and LW seems to be the same. Mine had a tremendous amount of varying grain, so it didn't necessarily lack character, the color was just dull and where it was smoother leather, yes, one might say it looked a little artificial looking.

My biggest gripe with LW was always that most of their jackets are very bulky with baggy sleeves. Definitely makes for a comfortable jacket though. I'd say LW is not for smaller, skinnier guys like myself. They even look bulky on some bigger dudes. Some of their moto styles aren't as bulky and don't have as baggy of sleeves.

I will say that LW is one of the only jackets where it just seemed like when I put it on, the jacket just clicked in place onto my shoulders and just hung perfectly, kinda like a perfectly fitting puzzle piece. My RW and my RMC are the same way.

I sold mine after 3 years of consistent wear. Didn't have a lot of money back then so I only had 2 or 3 jackets. They are ridiculously well made. Man what didn't I do to my ryder. They are tanks! I ultimately sold because of the baggy sleeves. I don't like that. But I agree, they look better in photos.

LW leather is special. I remember when I was trying to break it in, wore it constantly and around month 3, I was sitting watching TV wearing my ryder and started massaging my shoulders (yes I know...I'm a madman) and remember the exact moment when it kind of eased up and finally relaxed. It was like butter in my hands. Never felt anything like that before or after.

El Marro, roadking04, ton312 and 2 others like this.
  20. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

LW Ryder, they no longer use this big point shirt collar.
    1D3F725D-F47E-41FF-BABB-632CCF10A61E.jpeg B656CFE0-106D-428D-A516-74C4163F4C54.jpeg

North_Star, Robbie79, Jarman and 21 others like this.