What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. marker2037

marker2037 One of the Regulars

You would think so, but I still haven’t even received my vintage 118J yet, plus I want to do something with Greg Field and maybe a BK one from the archive.

El Marro and ton312 like this.
  2. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

\

True - but Brando had 10-15 lbs less than me :)

Actually the straight down the zipper from the base of the collar dimension is only 21" on this jacket. I have found 22 - 23" to be idea for my body shape and torso length.

3. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

So no jackets today (80 degrees in the shade) but I do have a jacket story to share.
    88022086-CC66-4040-9F7E-5D9E1B09C5B0.jpeg This is my oldest friend Jacob, I met him when I was 10 years old and that was damn near 35 years ago! I went up to see him today at his house near Forestville, right off the Russian River here in Northern California. He and his wife are doing an addition on their house and I volunteered to do an electrical service panel upgrade for them free of charge.
    While we were working Jacob filled me in on the excitement that they had gone through about a month back when a forest fire triggered by lightning forced them to evacuate their house for several days. Fortunately the fire was contained before it reached their property or else the addition they were building might have gone up in smoke along with everything else.
    Jacob told me that when they were rushing to fill both of their cars with belongings as they prepared to evacuate he grabbed the Vanson CHP Jacket that I gave him a couple years ago. “I threw it on and kept packing” he told me, “I knew that whatever happened that jacket would make it through”.
    That story brought a smile to my face and I knew I had to share it with my friends here at TFL.

Jrolfe, jonesy86, Carlos840 and 36 others like this.
  4. MrProper

MrProper A-List Customer

Unfortunately yes, according to the pictures ;) . Hope my Ridley will be fine anyway. wait since 13 weeks.

Hh121 likes this.
  5. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man Practically Family

Simmons Bilt J100 today 1601014577386-503282236.jpg

6. Monitor

Monitor

Ouch, that's one short jacket. But it is a bit short, yep. You had nicer ones in any case, just that I don't think it's a horrible fit. Still much better than the Kerr which is seriously oversized. :D

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  7. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan Practically Family

Another Day in my Thedi Leathers MTC-1279405 :)

IMG_E6744.JPG

8. Mysteryo

Mysteryo Practically Family

too bad for the fit...:-(
    What size is this one?

9. Monitor

Monitor

Hard to say which one is nicer.

marker2037 and Mrfrown like this.
  10. ton312

ton312

Jacket season looks to begin officially next week. As is typical with the Midwest it’s straight from A/C to furnace.
    FCB2547A-B287-46BA-BD5F-E49BBEAAC8E5.png

Zoo, hondurasdave47, Boyo and 8 others like this.
  11. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

It's a tag size 44. Fit details:
    Pit to Pit - 24"
    Torso - 21" (straight down what would be a normal zipper front)
    Shoulders - 19.5"
    Sleeve Straight - 25"
    Back Length - 24.75"
    Waist - 21.25"

Mysteryo likes this.
  12. MrProper

MrProper A-List Customer

cool and rainy
    4A65FEBF-842B-4ABD-AC82-50BE14FFCBCA.jpeg

13. North_Star

North_Star One of the Regulars

It is the perfect fit in my opinion. All you need is a real pair of high-rise pants/jeans. I think if you wear this style any longer than this then the proportions will be off.

14. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

Probably one of the last summer like days in NJ so a last wear of the amazing armored Vanson Drac aka Full Throttle. The perforated hide and vents work like a charm in 75+ weather, but it gets a little chilly below that for my liking with just a T. Then I pull out the classic armored Comet.

CD28A457-B52C-40C4-8E45-A8514D48964B.jpeg 207B5E6D-DED9-4AA7-A26A-FF5FCD31D5E2.jpeg

Imuricecreamman, Jarman, jeo and 13 others like this.
  15. Torstein

Torstein New in Town

Wow, fits you like a glove indeed! I'm glad it fits you and that you like the leather (I guess I shouldn't feel ownership to this jacket anymore, but that's not how it goes, clearly). You summarize the leather nicely: you don't have to fight it...but it's not lightweight by any means.

Also, you must be built like a tank. We're about the same height, but I looked like a skinny teenager in this.

AeroFan_07 and ton312 like this.
  16. ton312

ton312

I absolutely love it man!! Thank you for setting the wheels in motion to have it land with me. It really checks quite a few style boxes for me and the leather is sincerely some of the nicest HH I’ve ever handled. The Horween lux is so aptly named.

Torstein and AeroFan_07 like this.
  17. Torstein

Torstein New in Town

That's great! You're very welcome...Thanks for giving me the sense that quality leather is recognizable whether you've owned 5 or 50 (?) jackets.

Now wear it to smithereens :)

dannyk and ton312 like this.
  18. Monitor

Monitor

Can't get over how stunning the Schott is. How much wear did you get into it? Mine is brand new and too shiny and I can't wait for it to get to this level.

marker2037 and dannyk like this.
  19. ton312

ton312

I’ll shut up about it after this post. Got a good bit of light on the front porch to really showcase the Horween lux. TBH I’m not much of a huge teacore guy but I do find this to be really striking and beautiful. I think it’ll brown up quicker than the CXL overdye, which is truly more brown to begin with. Anyway, can’t say enough good things about this hide. Aside from Cordo and Midnight blue CXL, Horween Lux is a real gem to look at.
    823C7BF6-F26E-4F38-A519-AA0B8349D630.jpeg
    3A568632-4DE1-43EF-870F-4A1F7FEDA6B2.jpeg
    6A7BB9B8-1241-400A-9BD5-F6F17B2B8D34.jpeg

20. Psant25

Psant25 Practically Family

How is the pattern compared to aero? Looks more slim/tapered. Can you tell if the side panels are v shape or did they taper more off the back panel?

edit: jus asking as to a potential alteration to my black hwyman I had talked to dena about bringing in the body of that brown one u have. The side panels make it tricky. She had been thinking just take like an upside down v shape off the back panel each side.