What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man Practically Family

Actually I had 3 ! My good lady wife the designated driver. Wintertime I'm a "Guinness man" , warm weather ales and lagers

Thankfully no current COVID lockdown in Western Australia , downside the borders are "hard', very difficult to enter or leave the state.

Zoo, Mrfrown, Boyo and 2 others like this.
  2. JustinW

JustinW One of the Regulars

Happy birthday! Love the Bintang shirt. Hope you enjoyed the chick parm. Are you at Hillary's?

3. Jin431

Jin431 A-List Customer

Nice pick, brown cxl is a great choice from what I've seen here. Hope you still kept the jacket even then.

4. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

He really should have kept that one and then sold it to me. That was his U boat commander/ biker jacket (a confusing image I know).

JMax and ton312 like this.
  5. ton312

ton312

That was one of the very few jackets that actually made money! Almost 3 times what I spent on it!

dubpynchon and Psant25 like this.
  6. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

I puttered about measurements with the seller and lost out. What “irks” me is that I was asking for numbers on an effin Vanson. I’ve owned so many wtf was I puttering about. I know the measurements, how they fit, etc. Stupid JMax. So stupid. Lol. Awesome jacket.

Carlos840, El Marro, Mrfrown and 2 others like this.
  7. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One of the Regulars

well these forums claim another person's wallet. Didn't take long exchanging a few emails with Carrie for a stock Aero Sheene (Brown CXL FQHH with contrast stitching, which matches my Stetson Gallatin hat didn't notice until I posted the pic) to magically appear on the website. Fits like a glove. Definitely needs a lot of break in and hopefully I can get another. 25 inch out of it so I can take a deep breath. But I'm pretty happy with it. Last shot gets some sun to show the color highlights, but it's more chocolate in person and less red. The long road of the break in begins.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

jonesy86, Pdawg, Jarman and 31 others like this.
  8. Monitor

Monitor

What a nice CXL! Looks very... New. But that's that rich CXL color. Really great fit, too.

9. Monitor

Monitor

Brilliant as always. Jacket fits you great.

Marc mndt likes this.
  10. Ayeteael

Ayeteael Familiar Face

I still have it but I don't wear it often bc, ironically, it was too tight from the jump. I should have returned it for an exchange but the thought didn't cross my mind at the time. An expensive lesson learned the hard way. It's a beautiful hide though and has developed character over the previous 2 years of intermittent use. I'm considering gifting it to a friend or keeping it till one of my sons (grade school age) grows into it.

Jin431 likes this.
  11. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 Call Me a Cab

Testing the fit - and this one is just not quite there...

Indian Ranger_04.PNG Indian Ranger_05.PNG \

Shame indeed as it's a brillant, beautiful jacket that is as near to new as any I have recieved.

12. Monitor

Monitor

What's wrong with it?? Brando fit right there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. ton312

ton312

Just a hair too short in front for my taste but a great looking fit everywhere else!

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  14. Too short for my tastes in both the arms and body but I'm not into looking like Brando's '50s style. I always want by belt covered and sleeves slightly below my wrists allowing for a possible 1/4 to 1/2" shortening due to creases.

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  15. ton312

ton312

Aero M/C jackets are almost impossible to add body length too. Outside the j106 and Daytona, the waist taper is so severe...it has to be super short. That’s why I avoid those styles all together.

Psant25 and HoosierDaddy like this.
  16. Jin431

Jin431 A-List Customer

Too bad it didn't work as well as you have hoped for but whoever gets to have that jacket will be lucky indeed. I'm sure it's lovely and just waiting to be worn.

17. marker2037

marker2037 One of the Regulars

Too hot to wear, but I figured I would post a pic of this Aero Ridley from Thurston in dark seal Vicenza as I never posted before.

Came out great from Aero, although it’s weird that the one button on the coin pocket is actually copper underneath, not brass. I found this out when I was trying to clean a bit of the “antique” off the antique brass buttons (it was overdone and most buttons looked more gunmetal than antique brass) and noticed just this button was copper. Oh well, it’s a quirk I can live with.

9CF13B26-E695-40A5-A9EA-CAFACDDA0A32.jpeg

And this Schott 613H came along for the photoshoot.

1B5FE101-2006-4B98-A700-AEBA4E0CCED0.jpeg

jonesy86, Alexlutov, Jarman and 24 others like this.
  18. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

Schott wins without question.

19. ton312

ton312

No need to pursue the style any further. You’ve got cross zip nailed into the ground!!

marker2037 likes this.
  20. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Helikon M65 repop in olive. New, super good stitching and construction. US small fits like a large. 7.5/10.

Mrfrown likes this.