What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

ok then keep the disguised sheen which is really a phwm. ;)

ton312 likes this.
  2. Hobbes1

Hobbes1 Familiar Face

Cafe racer is a bit snug. However, the PHWM looks great. I'd keep that one for sure.

3. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

If you don't need the money or the closet space, I'll tell ya to keep both.
    photographically they both look great. The question is how do they feel while wearing ? and how do they make you feel when they're worn? are these styles you feel comfortable wearing?
    If so.. you're Good to Go!

4. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead A-List Customer

Yeah, Racer a tad bit snug. But not too bad. Is leather broken in?

Collared one is spot on.

What size is the racer? I might be interested. We similar size, I'm 185lbs, so if it's tight on you, might be perfect for me :) Just saying.

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  5. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

I think they both look too snug, especially the arms. Imho you’d benefit from a slightly more relaxed fit. I think you are more a standard highwayman body type than premier version.

6. indigoeagle

indigoeagle One of the Regulars

Rainbow Country A-2 today.
    IMG_4431.jpg IMG_4437.jpg

7. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

^^ Nice looking A2 up there!

Ok so this feedback all helps confirm what I have been suspecting for a few months now. While my physical dimensions have not "technically" changed that much, I have been in the weight room in a much more dedicated fashion for the past ~9-10 months and (quite thankfully) have realized some gains in strength. I have also been focusing quite a bit on cardio and stretching as those are all rather important as well. I have no goal to become a power-lifter. Just in moderately good overall fitness.

So - my upper shouder area, and especially tricepts & bicepts have changed from where they were a year ago. While I absolutely love Blue FQHH - "Gen 1.0 Premier fit Highwayman" which came into my ownership from Ton312, I intially thought it was just overall a bit small and in particular the arms & lower torso were not 100% to my desire. But the leather itself is awesome! Plus I had Johnson Leathers replace the main zipper. So I just stuck with it, wore it a lot, and now that we're having to add some layers under again, this is just not happening for me anymore. Even just a T-shirt with that jacket is still a little "skinny" for me these days.

This feedback:
    First sits like a wurst casing, length is good.

Second fits a bit better but too short.

Both have way too tight sleeves.

This is perfect and describes what is going on with both these jackets.

The Black FQHH 4-pocket CR is a unique piece - it has full leather trim inside around the waist, and inner & outer kidney panels. Plus it is made with rather heavy FQHH Horween Horsehide, so it's set up to be a very long-term jacket. It's just a little to "sausage casing" for me, espeically with the continued weigth lifting.

8. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man One Too Many

Today was the goatskin Simmons Bilt J100 café racer as it was 14C to start off and 28C on the way home.
    Photo taken at our "Guinness" stop at a biker friendly pub on the Indian Ocean.
    The Guinness picture my poor attempt at an "art" shot...
    SPOILER ALERT same photo(s) used in other threads !

Simmons Bilt J100 Occtober 24th.jpg

Guinness coastal shot.jpg

9. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

1950s Lawrence FQHH halfbelt:

IMG_2001.jpg IMG_2003.jpg IMG_2005.jpg

10. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Gamma68 likes this.
  11. Nykwil

Nykwil New in Town

Brand new blackened brown Aero Premier Highwayman delivered yesterday. Loving it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

JL MC500 recently re-sleeved
    Honcho buffalo boots
    Wrangler cowboy cut jeans-tapered
    CECFDA2D-AEBF-4C10-B708-9F0B2EF19B96.jpeg

13. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

The CHP is one of the coolest. Looks great bud.

King B and Psant25 like this.
  14. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Vanson AR3. Not worn much, but great jacket for riding.

D7D38D78-5BA2-47E1-866D-4A1313F559E1.jpeg 62299CB9-A084-42E9-BB3C-28A709489185.jpeg

King B, marker2037, jeo and 19 others like this.
  15. North_Star

North_Star One of the Regulars

That is such a cool jacket! I love the brown Shinki. Yours and @Marc mndt jacket made me order one from Greg too. Can't wait for the bespoke and then finally the jacket to arrive.

Zoo, Marc mndt and MrProper like this.
  16. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

Congratulations. You will be very satisfied and I will be jealous LOL ;)

North_Star and Marc mndt like this.
  17. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

672F4609-18C5-4151-B63B-F3EBA71C9322.jpeg
    ECFFC09A-1498-4597-99E9-2DB2347B78F8.jpeg

Rough’n’ready x Hooch hauler crossbreed in jerky HH. Fits to my taste everywhere but the waist where I wish it was a bit wider... it’s one of those measurements I’ve always failed to take into account but learnt my lesson. Will probably end up selling it at some point.

18. ton312

ton312

Does it feel too tight at the waist? I think it looks great! Fit looks perfect!

Mich486 likes this.
  19. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

^Cheers man. Yes the waist when zipped is a bit tight, not unwearable but enough to bug me. Probably an extra inch added to the waist circumference would be enough. If I ever go custom again I’ll make sure to ask that measurement. Normally is not an issue as I’m not really overweight (I still could shed a few kgs) but both this and the Aero Grizzly I had are surprisingly v-shaped.

ton312 likes this.
  20. ton312

ton312

Man do I love this jacket. I’ve paid a lot more and been a lot less happy. If Shawn can continue to expand his available leather selection...I’ll have quite a few of these.
    5FA224FD-79EA-4970-890F-CE81559AE581.jpeg