What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Monitor

Monitor

Will do that, actually! But yeah, 100 series uses the nicest hide, as far as I am concerned. Schott naked cow is without equal.

2. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

I'll have to do that sometime, but I don't think it will look good.

Yeah the peacoat look is definitely an issue here and as you said, these lapels make it even worse. That said, it looks so good zipped up that I don't mind too much. For the most part, I also agree that the only way cross zips look good unzipped is if they don't actually fit zipped up. Fortunately for me, my Sunset is an exception. I think that is because of the soft deerskin leather, letting the jacket to sort of fold a bit at the pits so it can be more open when unzipped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ton312

ton312

Yep the smaller lapels are key. My natal and a couple others that were too small had the same effect. I’ve always felt it’s a choice of sorts with cross zips. It looks good one or the other but seldom both. These were all a bit too snug to wear zipped but looked the part open:
    BE4581A7-B5FB-45AB-BCD6-119627B5D49A.jpeg E3ECEBF2-FD9D-4987-9A4A-F789429A98D8.jpeg 40C53D41-6443-4377-A8C4-DF28634EF5B0.jpeg 2683BD55-55B1-4516-837B-94A75B7758BC.jpeg

4. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

You like them snug...that's for sure .

5. ton312

ton312

That Depends...

Fonzie likes this.
  6. dudewuttheheck

Yeah you're proving it right there @ton312 - those tighter fitting cross zips look good unzipped for sure. It's not like my San Mateo even fits very loose. It's fairly snug too, but it would have to be basically impossible to zip up in order to look good unzipped.

ton312 likes this.
  7. ton312

ton312

I only had one Goldilocks...just right both ways. Should’ve quit this joint immediately after receiving it! My first Bootlegger. RIP. Also, RIP brown facial hair. I think your sunset is the Goldilocks for you as well. It looks perfect either way.
    D811F469-9B94-46E2-A1D3-ED48C6CF5280.jpeg

8. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

I don't have full on cross zip, but I have 2 cross front jacket, I see they changes shape once worn enough unzipped, that fresh \></ look would be softened once the lapel broken in more or get wavy with wear and would end up \) (/ my blue jacket after I washed them and worn to dry already look very different than before.

Zoo and JustinW like this.
  9. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Here’s a couple shots of my new IHJ-54 as promised.
    AE55CCD0-FC4D-4CEA-AA44-6253F1160DDB.jpeg
    90CA8C2F-54DE-4B17-8242-0BB27AD3D552.jpeg
    EC119750-E5A6-413D-8984-AA917A543F4F.jpeg
    With the jacket open in the last shot you can see that it is about 1 1/2” longer than I would like. The sleeves are also too long but the zip cuffs keep them from flopping over my knuckles and with time I think some nice creases will set in to shorten them up.
    All in all I am very happy with this jacket. I wore it out to dinner last night with my girlfriend and we were dining outside (something I’m sure we are all familiar with by now) on a chilly breezy patio. By using the two way zipper as well as the two side zips I was able to open up the bottom a little bit which made it very comfortable to wear the jacket zipped up while sitting down. The horsehide is also unbelievably soft and yielding which made it comfortable to wear while wielding a knife and fork.
    I didn’t nail the fit like our pal @Bfd70 but I think this one’s a keeper.

10. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I've never found cross zips attractive - especially the full-on biker versions. But a brown Bootlegger somehow works for me. That Aero especially looked great. I feel a slight twinge. Perhaps it's the matching brown facial hair. I think I last had brown hair in the 1990's... In fact, it's when I last had hair...

11. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

that's the point of dual zip :)

El Marro likes this.
  12. dudewuttheheck

Yeah that one looks great. The lapels aren't too big. I think the fact that it clearly isn't a motorcycle-specific jacket really helps with that. That was a brilliant jacket.

ton312 likes this.
  13. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Wearing my blue cow
    20201026_134903.jpg

14. dudewuttheheck

@navetsea I really love the color coordination between the jacket, trousers, and shoes/boots. Fantastic!

navetsea likes this.
  15. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

thanks man, I really appreciate it.
    dunno why it took me almost 42 years before I finally tried cord pants, it looks thick despite being light and easy wearing, creases like jeans, but not as fast fading, and comes in so many colors, and it's so comfy:)

Zoo and dudewuttheheck like this.
  16. Monitor

Monitor

Just discovered that my ancient trucker must be made from the same leather as these pants. Which is excellent cuz I can match clothes too now!

[​IMG]

One of my first childhood memories is hating corduroy. They'd always buy me cord pants and I hated the material. This hasn't changed at all even now when I want it to.

@ton312 , Natal not only competes with those other $1000 + jackets but possibly even takes the lead. Tho they're all perfect.

@dudewuttheheck , that's a really cool combo and style.

17. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

nice patina on both jacket and pants,

really? is it the material you dislike, I love it:D, not as usual straight leg loose corduroy pants fit, but this 5 pockets jeans cut in cord, I love them:oops:

JustinW likes this.
  18. ton312

ton312

The best of the best! NICE!!!!

19. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Aero getting it first sampling of snow - just a trace today.

DSC_0143.JPG

20. hondurasdave47

hondurasdave47 A-List Customer

Finally cool enough for jacket weather! Schott x 3sixteen Perfecto.

6DB982C3-DB43-46FC-8993-D293AF59276A.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    marker2037, Jarman, Torstein and 30 others like this.