Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Yeah you're proving it right there @ton312 - those tighter fitting cross zips look good unzipped for sure. It's not like my San Mateo even fits very loose. It's fairly snug too, but it would have to be basically impossible to zip up in order to look good unzipped.
I only had one Goldilocks...just right both ways. Should’ve quit this joint immediately after receiving it! My first Bootlegger. RIP. Also, RIP brown facial hair. I think your sunset is the Goldilocks for you as well. It looks perfect either way.
D811F469-9B94-46E2-A1D3-ED48C6CF5280.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I don't have full on cross zip, but I have 2 cross front jacket, I see they changes shape once worn enough unzipped, that fresh \></ look would be softened once the lapel broken in more or get wavy with wear and would end up \) (/ my blue jacket after I washed them and worn to dry already look very different than before.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here’s a couple shots of my new IHJ-54 as promised.
AE55CCD0-FC4D-4CEA-AA44-6253F1160DDB.jpeg

90CA8C2F-54DE-4B17-8242-0BB27AD3D552.jpeg

EC119750-E5A6-413D-8984-AA917A543F4F.jpeg

With the jacket open in the last shot you can see that it is about 1 1/2” longer than I would like. The sleeves are also too long but the zip cuffs keep them from flopping over my knuckles and with time I think some nice creases will set in to shorten them up.
All in all I am very happy with this jacket. I wore it out to dinner last night with my girlfriend and we were dining outside (something I’m sure we are all familiar with by now) on a chilly breezy patio. By using the two way zipper as well as the two side zips I was able to open up the bottom a little bit which made it very comfortable to wear the jacket zipped up while sitting down. The horsehide is also unbelievably soft and yielding which made it comfortable to wear while wielding a knife and fork.
I didn’t nail the fit like our pal @Bfd70 but I think this one’s a keeper.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I only had one Goldilocks...just right both ways. Should’ve quit this joint immediately after receiving it! My first Bootlegger. RIP. Also, RIP brown facial hair. I think your sunset is the Goldilocks for you as well. It looks perfect either way.
View attachment 273979

I've never found cross zips attractive - especially the full-on biker versions. But a brown Bootlegger somehow works for me. That Aero especially looked great. I feel a slight twinge. Perhaps it's the matching brown facial hair. I think I last had brown hair in the 1990's... In fact, it's when I last had hair...

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Here’s a couple shots of my new IHJ-54 as promised.
View attachment 273981
View attachment 273985
View attachment 273991
With the jacket open in the last shot you can see that it is about 1 1/2” longer than I would like. The sleeves are also too long but the zip cuffs keep them from flopping over my knuckles and with time I think some nice creases will set in to shorten them up.
All in all I am very happy with this jacket. I wore it out to dinner last night with my girlfriend and we were dining outside (something I’m sure we are all familiar with by now) on a chilly breezy patio. By using the two way zipper as well as the two side zips I was able to open up the bottom a little bit which made it very comfortable to wear the jacket zipped up while sitting down. The horsehide is also unbelievably soft and yielding which made it comfortable to wear while wielding a knife and fork.
I didn’t nail the fit like our pal @Bfd70 but I think this one’s a keeper.

that's the point of dual zip :)

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 273979
Yeah that one looks great. The lapels aren't too big. I think the fact that it clearly isn't a motorcycle-specific jacket really helps with that. That was a brilliant jacket.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
@navetsea I really love the color coordination between the jacket, trousers, and shoes/boots. Fantastic!
thanks man, I really appreciate it.
dunno why it took me almost 42 years before I finally tried cord pants, it looks thick despite being light and easy wearing, creases like jeans, but not as fast fading, and comes in so many colors, and it's so comfy:)

Just discovered that my ancient trucker must be made from the same leather as these pants. Which is excellent cuz I can match clothes too now!

20201026-105206.jpg

thanks man, I really appreciate it.
dunno why it took me almost 42 years before I finally tried cord pants, it looks thick despite being light and easy wearing, creases like jeans, but not as fast fading, and comes in so many colors, and it's so comfy:)

One of my first childhood memories is hating corduroy. They'd always buy me cord pants and I hated the material. This hasn't changed at all even now when I want it to.

@ton312 , Natal not only competes with those other $1000 + jackets but possibly even takes the lead. Tho they're all perfect.

@dudewuttheheck , that's a really cool combo and style.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Just discovered that my ancient trucker must be made from the same leather as these pants. Which is excellent cuz I can match clothes too now!

20201026-105206.jpg

One of my first childhood memories is hating corduroy. They'd always buy me cord pants and I hated the material. This hasn't changed at all even now when I want it to.

@ton312 , Natal not only competes with those other $1000 + jackets but possibly even takes the lead. Tho they're all perfect.

@dudewuttheheck , that's a really cool combo and style.
nice patina on both jacket and pants,

really? is it the material you dislike, I love it:D, not as usual straight leg loose corduroy pants fit, but this 5 pockets jeans cut in cord, I love them:oops:

I am the definition of poseur in the "What Jacket Are You Wearing In Your Living Room Today?" thread.
Pretty sure this Bates was raced as besides how filthy it was when it arrived, it's arm length is 27.5" in a straight line (a 40LL). It still needs a new main zip and could use a liner I guess.
A few before and after's below .. last two pics not doctored one bit: jacket really came up that white ; )
View attachment 273866
View attachment 273869
View attachment 273870
View attachment 273875
View attachment 273873
The best of the best! NICE!!!!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 273979

This is how I would like my stf bootlegger to look when unzipped, that's a great unzipped fit.

Finally cool enough for jacket weather! Schott x 3sixteen Perfecto.

View attachment 274232

What a clean jacket! Nice!

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Got my "new" Brooks yesterday. Had about 60 years of cologne in it, so gave it a light wash, solid dry, and 2 coats of coconut oil. I was hoping the coconut oil would darken just a shade (and hide the cologne smell), but that top coat is sick on this thing. Guess it's why so many have lasted all this time.

Overall look, it's kind of like if a Members Only jacket had a bad ass cousin.

Special shout out to Terry M. on sending me the link to this and also some other kind folks on the Find Deals thread for giving me some solid info.

I'm going to take to a tailor to see if he can replace the elastic band in the biswing back. I'm pretty sure it's completely flat and putting in a new one should give it some life and help clean up the poofiness of the back.

Gbhoxkc.jpg

aOJ9Xux.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto