What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

^^ Good fit there Tony - I'll all but given up on Vintage items fitting me...oh well!

ton312 likes this.
  2. AeroFan_07

And where we have another example of a Sausage casing for a jacket. Flannel shirt over T-shirt and it's just not working shoulders & Pit to Pit as well as Arms are too tight. Torso is a bit short too. So this "42" Sheene will be right back in the classifieds today. Darn shame as the brown CXL FQHH on this Sheene is breaking in nicely and will be awesome!

DSC_0153.JPG DSC_0152.JPG DSC_0149.JPG DSC_0150.JPG

3. ton312

ton312

Looks a touch short but pretty darn good otherwise! Almost looks like the zip sleeve descendant of the excelled I posted. Definitely not a layering piece though. That’s a t-shirt fit jacket and would be a better fit with at least 1” in the body and 1/2” in the sleeve. Beautiful brown though!

Downunder G Man and AeroFan_07 like this.
  4. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

New to me, Aero X Levi's ruff-n-ready asymmetric zip half belt

IMG_4095.JPG

IMG_4149.JPG

IMG_4164.JPG

IMG_4127.JPG

5. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

Jin431 and North_Star like this.
  6. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan Practically Family

Please don't get it wrong, no offense, just a statement: I've rarely seen someone who manages to buy his jackets 1-2 sizes too small as often as you... on the other hand, the classified section is always happy about it. :D

But definitely a cool jacket and a pleasure for the new owner whom it fits...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  7. North_Star

North_Star One of the Regulars

Shirts should be alwayse tucked, no matter what. But as I have the same jacket I think it does work, even with very highrise pants.

HoosierDaddy and Jin431 like this.
  8. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

Its hard to tell from these photo's because the shirt covers the belt, but it looks like the front may cover the belt buckle, while at the sides the belt might be fully exposed.

Jin431 likes this.
  9. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

Love these flat brown, no frills halfbelts. Seems like a thicker leather with not to heavy graining. Was probably someones workhorse for many years.

Jin431 and ton312 like this.
  10. ton312

ton312

Man it's like an enamel paint type top coat. The leather is insanely thick and stiff. best part is the liner...it's a red/purple iridescent quilted nylon. I forgot to post a pic of that...it's really beautiful and soooo 50's.

11. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

It is really V shaped and more trim than my stf bootlegger which I like. Tagged Small but feels like 38 chest/shoulder with a 36 waist/hem.

the front drop is 2.5", also took bad pictures and I'm wearing low rise chinos and untucked shirt.

The belt buckle is definitely covered. It might work with an untucked shirt when the jacket is unzipped but probably won't zipped up unless I'm wearing a really short shirt.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Marc mndt likes this.
  12. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

I’ll chime in here because I’m someone who often does the opposite. I tend to err on the other side and often buy my jackets one or two sizes too big. Even now when I have a pretty good idea what numbers work for me I still seem to make the same mistake time and time again.
    Now it’s true that I can comfortably wear these jackets where with a jacket that was too small I might not be able to. But at the end of the day they still don’t fit how I want them to.

13. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I’m in a similar boat...Maybe I’m shrinking as I age, but I keep buying jackets that have increasingly smaller shoulder width and they feel perfect but look big in photos. I don’t get it o_O.

JCSD, AeroFan_07 and El Marro like this.
  14. AeroFan_07

58 Panhead & El Marrio -- Yes I need to learn to ask a few more questions first, then buy later. However in my case weightlifting over the past year has changed my upper body by a decent bit, and I also forgot to factor the Sheene's taper in with this latest one. A "44" that was ordered through Thurston would have been good as Carrie almost always specifies more sleeve & body length.

I almost thought I was going to break out the seams of this Sheene when I put it on - the shoulders were much tighter than expected. Then I realized there is no action back like the black CR's I have owned, that also makes a differance.

El Marro likes this.
  15. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

GW's version of "cordovan"....

31E8031D-D166-4EC7-9155-13A64020894F.jpeg
    3A100A76-4777-4CF6-AD16-FA9EAA035CCD.jpeg

16. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

Such a great jacket. I think my next leather jacket will be an m200 kitted for cold wear with just a few changes from this set up (double western yoke in the back comes to mind), and hopefully they’ll have a more orange/tan leather available.

Looks great on you, congrats on the pickup. Now you know if @Psant25 puts something up in the classifieds you’ve got the fit locked in lol

Jin431, Psant25 and casechopper like this.
  17. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

nick123, AbbaDatDeHat and JMax like this.
  18. ton312

ton312

Too big or too small...both suck...slightly too big is better than slightly too small.

19. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

No leather jacket today because mountain hiking. B3729DDA-D93F-484C-9C8B-1C7BA4E9FCB4.jpeg 7628CD60-481C-41BA-931F-52C0E039988B.jpeg CB8ADDCA-65F1-48F2-AB62-EC8D35BA848E.jpeg

20. Monitor

Monitor

MrProper likes this.