Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

58panheadfan

One Too Many
And where we have another example of a Sausage casing for a jacket.... So this "42" Sheene will be right back in the classifieds today...
View attachment 274833

Please don't get it wrong, no offense, just a statement: I've rarely seen someone who manages to buy his jackets 1-2 sizes too small as often as you... on the other hand, the classified section is always happy about it. :D

But definitely a cool jacket and a pleasure for the new owner whom it fits...

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Shirts should be alwayse tucked, no matter what. But as I have the same jacket I think it does work, even with very highrise pants.
Its hard to tell from these photo's because the shirt covers the belt, but it looks like the front may cover the belt buckle, while at the sides the belt might be fully exposed.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Just unboxed this beauty. 50’s era Excelled Horsehide half belt. Kind of like a half belt and HWM had a baby. Sweet! Thanks @robrinay! Have to get better pics up soon. Really cool jacket though. I dig it!
View attachment 274432
View attachment 274431
Love these flat brown, no frills halfbelts. Seems like a thicker leather with not to heavy graining. Was probably someones workhorse for many years.

Love these flat brown, no frills halfbelts. Seems like a thicker leather with not to heavy graining. Was probably someones workhorse for many years.
Man it's like an enamel paint type top coat. The leather is insanely thick and stiff. best part is the liner...it's a red/purple iridescent quilted nylon. I forgot to post a pic of that...it's really beautiful and soooo 50's.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Looks like a great fit. What do you think about the front drop? Its one of the heaviest front drops ive seen. Does it work when wearing your shirt tucked?

It is really V shaped and more trim than my stf bootlegger which I like. Tagged Small but feels like 38 chest/shoulder with a 36 waist/hem.

the front drop is 2.5", also took bad pictures and I'm wearing low rise chinos and untucked shirt.

The belt buckle is definitely covered. It might work with an untucked shirt when the jacket is unzipped but probably won't zipped up unless I'm wearing a really short shirt.

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Please don't get it wrong, no offense, just a statement: I've rarely seen someone who manages to buy his jackets 1-2 sizes too small as often as you..
I’ll chime in here because I’m someone who often does the opposite. I tend to err on the other side and often buy my jackets one or two sizes too big. Even now when I have a pretty good idea what numbers work for me I still seem to make the same mistake time and time again.
Now it’s true that I can comfortably wear these jackets where with a jacket that was too small I might not be able to. But at the end of the day they still don’t fit how I want them to.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
58 Panhead & El Marrio -- Yes I need to learn to ask a few more questions first, then buy later. However in my case weightlifting over the past year has changed my upper body by a decent bit, and I also forgot to factor the Sheene's taper in with this latest one. A "44" that was ordered through Thurston would have been good as Carrie almost always specifies more sleeve & body length.

I almost thought I was going to break out the seams of this Sheene when I put it on - the shoulders were much tighter than expected. Then I realized there is no action back like the black CR's I have owned, that also makes a differance.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
GW's version of "cordovan"....

31E8031D-D166-4EC7-9155-13A64020894F.jpeg

3A100A76-4777-4CF6-AD16-FA9EAA035CCD.jpeg

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Johnson Leathers M200

YoTrzdn.jpg
6c3XzFp.jpg
MMVvgO7.jpg
L9UmfNb.jpg

Such a great jacket. I think my next leather jacket will be an m200 kitted for cold wear with just a few changes from this set up (double western yoke in the back comes to mind), and hopefully they’ll have a more orange/tan leather available.

Looks great on you, congrats on the pickup. Now you know if @Psant25 puts something up in the classifieds you’ve got the fit locked in lol

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Please don't get it wrong, no offense, just a statement: I've rarely seen someone who manages to buy his jackets 1-2 sizes too small as often as you... on the other hand, the classified section is always happy about it. :D

But definitely a cool jacket and a pleasure for the new owner whom it fits...
It's like the leather jacket version of the clown car. Jackets just keep coming up out of the closet with no end. I just wish some of the stuff was a tad bit smaller and I'd be burning the wallet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB