What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. jeo

jeo A-List Customer

Thanks!

2. Jin431

Jin431 Practically Family

Always a pleasure to get to see this jacket! So friggin nice!

This looks good! Can't wait to see how it develops with wear!

Coming along really well! How does an unlined jacket wear?

Great outfit! Love the dark seal on this pattern.

jeo likes this.
  3. JCSD

JCSD One of the Regulars

The Campus is great for SoCal weather. Not uncomfortable at all.

Jin431 and handymike like this.
  4. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

When I ordered my custom Jacket from JL about 5 years ago they had a particularly nice heavy buffalo available that was just the shade you are looking for. I would ask them about that hide if I were you.

Mrfrown and Psant25 like this.
  5. Mysteryo

Mysteryo Practically Family

Vintage CHP
    For sale in the classified

37D35C43-70D6-4154-BF09-D67F3BC57F24.jpeg

Attached Files:

6. Monitor

Monitor

Bfd70 likes this.
  7. RILO

RILO Familiar Face

1960's Beck Arnley Perfecto
    Guys is this made by Schott NYC? IMG_4383.jpg IMG_4387.jpg IMG_4386.jpg

marker2037, jeo, navetsea and 8 others like this.
  8. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

Aero teamster
    6A422E38-1A4D-4384-AC8F-103563412E18.jpeg 9F20C99F-D160-4710-A5E5-7E1D54A6A6B8.jpeg

9. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

Excellent thanks for the heads up!

El Marro likes this.
  10. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

Post Hurricane Z walk and checking on the neighbors with the fam. The eye passed directly over us!

Bravestar Type 3 and first time with this Filson mackinaw vest courtesy of @Corky Corcovado

2546BA5B-7B15-4586-AA1E-9F4EB19C2024.png 7EF8E931-03A6-496C-963D-D8416BFA719C.jpeg

marker2037, Alexlutov, jeo and 24 others like this.
  11. Aero Teamster....

20180420_135245.jpg

12. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead A-List Customer

Schott 141 that has had some major alterations.

Part of this was me not understanding all the different components of a jacket. I've come to realize I'm not a big fan of the biswing back. A little bit around the arms/shoulder socket is ok, but don't like the deep cuts along the whole back line. Other part was just the typical Schott sizing for barrel shaped men. I love the 100 series naked leather so wanted to make it work. Sized down to a 40 hoping, but no cigar. Was boxy as hell and that biswing w/ the under arm gusset with all the collapsing lines felt like something out of a 1990s Janet Jackson video. Unfortunately the sleeves were also .5 to .75 short on the stock measurements, so not much to do there, but I think I accomplished a much more trim and streamlined fit with all the various lines. Wish I would've taken a before pic as always. The whole biswing line was sewn down, elastic taken out, shoulders and chest were still big enough to allow. 24 p2p and 19 3/8 shoulder on a size 40. CRAZY. And then more of a hour glass shape in the abs and hem line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cost me a good $200, but I figure it's better than spending $1000 a new jacket LOL. And now I feel like I got a custom hand made jacket.

13. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

Looks great!

14. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Glad to see youre still smiling after the 5th named storm to make landfall down there...I hope all is well.

15. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Cold snap and rain brings the temps down into the low 70s F., and brings out my GW A-1.
    IMG_3521.jpeg IMG_3525.jpeg IMG_3474.jpeg

16. Monitor

Monitor

Gotta admit, saw the pics prior to reading the text and I wasn't exactly sure what jacket was it. I mean, looked like Schott but I know their CR never fits as good as this, which had me a bit confused for a moment. Then I read your post and yeah, this would explain it. Came out more than great!

The alterations were worth it for sure I really wouldn't risk it with getting a pricier jacket 'cause this fits you as good as it gets.

17. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

thanks, man. I know you're a Schott afficionado so I appreciate that. I love their stuff, but the sizing is crazy. Their cross zips fit me pretty good off the shelf for whatever reason, but I"ve returned like 4 other models and have now altered 2 in big way to get them just right. The journey continues.

Zoo likes this.
  18. ton312

ton312

Was going to say, massive improvement over the typically boxy 141. Looks like a more than proper CR now. Well done!

19. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Any pics of the back ?

20. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

need to get better at my back shots... and not to mention finally clean my mirror and put away my laundry LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I would not go through this exercise again. Luckily oh man how lucky I found a competent tailor few blocks from my house. I went in for like 4 fittings. No way this could have been done via email. Well at least now I know what to look for when I buy things.

edit: btw, I screwed up sewing down the biswing panels with a bad tailor the first time. That's why you see the extra stitch line. There's a way to fix it, but didn't want to start over again. I might go back to the better tailor to fix. He mostly focused on the waist, arm pit, and chest area and nailed that stuff. Live and learn.

marker2037, jeo, Whitters and 7 others like this.