Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
E33B9DBB-C0C4-42FD-9A87-4CFA366F308C.jpeg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Test fit shots of @oneterrifichog's J-24 i received yesterday. (Thank you.)
Really a great jacket, i actually think it is the nicest of all my LW jackets!
The leather is the OG recipe before Stuart changed to the new and improved "easy break in" recipe.
It is super tough, much more dense than any of my more recent ones, the top coat feels even harder than the current stuff.
Fit wise i am pretty happy, a size 42L (this is a 44) would definitely fit me better, especially in the sleeves but i think this one is definitely wearable as it is.
Considering how much a custom made version would cost i don't think i could have done much better for the money.

Outdoor shots are much harder than indoor shots, i need to find a better spot...

fyinRae.jpg

lhu8EIz.jpg

bCviYka.jpg

Edit: Pics of my custom 42L to compare:

cVxi1Aa.jpg

Im5Wzwc.jpg

9HANIoW.jpg

Last edited:
The leather is the OG recipe before Stuart changed to the new and improved "easy break in" recipe.
It is super tough, much more dense than any of my more recent ones, the top coat feels even harder than the current stuff.
Fit wise i am pretty happy, a size 42L (this is a 44) would definitely fit me better, especially in the sleeves but i think this one is definitely wearable as it is.
Considering how much a custom made version would cost i don't think i could have done much better for the money.

Outdoor shots are much harder than indoor shots, i need to find a better spot...

fyinRae.jpg

lhu8EIz.jpg

bCviYka.jpg

Excellent and perfect, really! Glad you got that one and yeah, it was a steal, all things considered. Looks so cool with the bling... I'd go crazy and add some more.

red devil

fyinRae.jpg

lhu8EIz.jpg

bCviYka.jpg

cVxi1Aa.jpg

Im5Wzwc.jpg

9HANIoW.jpg

I always thought you needed a J24, so happy to see you in one! I think the fit is good overall :)

fyinRae.jpg

lhu8EIz.jpg

bCviYka.jpg

cVxi1Aa.jpg

Im5Wzwc.jpg

9HANIoW.jpg
While the fit is larger, there is something really cool and badass about it being slightly big on you. Fitted would give a different vibe. Plus those spots make this an amazing piece! Do you have the fuzzy collar too? Wear it well (and tame that beast!).

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Carlos set such an impossibly high standard for fit with his collection, that all I can say is that the fit is good, and the jacket is outstanding. If you go to LW website that is the jacket that is Stu's opus magnum.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I always thought you needed a J24, so happy to see you in one! I think the fit is good overall :)

Thanks.
It's funny, when i tried your J-24 during the first meet up (2017?) i instantly fell in love with the LW vibe, but in my mind the J-24 was far too "out there" and i would never have seen myself wearing one.
Nowadays i would wear this jacket anywhere without even thinking about it!
I don't think the crystals are that glimmery in real life wear, and i find the studwork quite subtle in a way.
I could actually deal with more studs than the J-24 has...

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
While the fit is larger, there is something really cool and badass about it being slightly big on you. Fitted would give a different vibe. Plus those spots make this an amazing piece! Do you have the fuzzy collar too? Wear it well (and tame that beast!).

Thank you.
I do have the fuzzy collar, but it is a bit thin compared to my other LW collars.
I could use the super thick curly collar from my J-23 but not all the snaps aligne with each other.
Honestly, that beast is already pretty tame, i can tell it came from the old "forever new" leather LW used to use, it must have taken quite a bit of time/wear to get it to where it is now.

North_Star

One of the Regulars

fyinRae.jpg

lhu8EIz.jpg

bCviYka.jpg

cVxi1Aa.jpg

Im5Wzwc.jpg

9HANIoW.jpg

I think the 44 looks even better than the 42L.

dannyk

One Too Many
Alright TFL, I have no shame, I love laughing at myself. This is one of my favorite most ridiculous photos! Carlos your beard is fantastic also. Which made me remember this photo. A couple of years ago at my best friends wedding. Hey it’s a wedding you have a few drinks and you get silly ideas. In honor of Carlos’s beard may I present to you all: that time I had a few drinks at a wedding and “magically” grew some hair on my bald head.

A6332AD7-5D68-4C67-A119-D12FFAD0158E.jpeg

fyinRae.jpg

lhu8EIz.jpg

bCviYka.jpg

cVxi1Aa.jpg

Im5Wzwc.jpg

9HANIoW.jpg

red devil

Thanks.
It's funny, when i tried your J-24 during the first meet up (2017?) i instantly fell in love with the LW vibe, but in my mind the J-24 was far too "out there" and i would never have seen myself wearing one.
Nowadays i would wear this jacket anywhere without even thinking about it!
I don't think the crystals are that glimmery in real life wear, and i find the studwork quite subtle in a way.
I could actually deal with more studs than the J-24 has...

At the time, you simply weren't ready for it, it's a jacket that grows on you. The reason why I went directly for the J24 is simply because I had been looking at it on the LW website for a year.

At first I didn't consider buying it, but I kept coming back to look at it until I knew I had to have one... And now I have 2 lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider