Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
It's good if you don't like leather.

I'm wearing my Zara (I know, I know) thick black denim trucker - it's a trim cut ( trim arms and shoulders) and so far is impressing me with its quality.
How is this related to a nappa leather blouson?

Edit: you're saying nappa isn't leather. It's more like denim?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Himel Kensington for turkey day. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am thankful for this extraordinary community.

Himel Kensington Black 112.jpg

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
It's good if you don't like leather.

I'm wearing my Zara (I know, I know) thick black denim trucker - it's a trim cut ( trim arms and shoulders) and so far is impressing me with its quality.

unfair comparison man, denim trucker is not lined, that is already 1/3 to 1/2 the weight in leather jacket, saying that my 14oz denim jacket is 750 grams, and my sheep jacket is 850grams in my size 34-36 usually size S,

my sheep still doing fine in 7 years so far not turning to dust yet :D, I think thinner leather doesn't hold much oil to condition its fiber probably need more frequent conditioning if worn as an only jacket. I hear people around here always talking about their leather jacket cracking, and I read about leather jacket is praised to have a "long life span" to 5 years (lol) in one of local article, I assume they wear thin sheepskin here (without the fur) and normal people don't even know leather conditioner, many would probably use body lotion or cooking oil to try to soften their dried out leather, so probably if not maintained at all and worn everyday in humid and hot tropical sun, it would last 5 years, which is still better than most heavyduty denim workwear that rots and blowout within 2 years without washing/ maintenance:D

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
How is this related to a nappa leather blouson?

Edit: you're saying nappa isn't leather. It's more like denim?

I was making a joke (answering Monitor) that for those not into leather a soft 700 gram jacket might be just the thing. The denim jacket was a separate idea i.e., the jacket I was wearing.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
unfair comparison man, denim trucker is not lined, that is already 1/3 to 1/2 the weight in leather jacket, saying that my 14oz denim jacket is 750 grams, and my sheep jacket is 850grams in my size 34-36 usually size S,

my sheep still doing fine in 7 years so far not turning to dust yet :D, I think thinner leather doesn't hold much oil to condition its fiber probably need more frequent conditioning if worn as an only jacket. I hear people around here always talking about their leather jacket cracking, and I read about leather jacket is praised to have a "long life span" to 5 years (lol) in one of local article, I assume they wear thin sheepskin here (without the fur) and normal people don't even know leather conditioner, many would probably use body lotion or cooking oil to try to soften their dried out leather, so probably if not maintained at all and worn everyday in humid and hot tropical sun, it would last 5 years, which is still better than most heavyduty denim workwear that rots and blowout within 2 years without washing/ maintenance:D

Huh? See my point above. :D

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 283755
70’s Wrangler trucker arrived today. Might be a little big on me but I’m trying it out.

Yeah, it’s not going to work for me. Went back to the eBay listing and looked at the measurement pictured there, 22 or 22.5 inches, same as my other denim jackets. This jacket I measure to 23.6...
It was from a seller in the US so I’m hesitant to send it back due to the postage costs. Anyone have advice on best options? Resell or try to return it?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Just not special, but fantastic daily working horse because of the weight.
Are you sure it's leather and it's 700gr?

I shipped an RRL leathet jacket to the US yesterday. The jacket was without a doubt a lightweight, I would almost say it was flimsy. Still it weighed 1700gr.

Are you sure it's leather and it's 700gr?

I shipped an RRL leathet jacket to the US yesterday. The jacket was without a doubt a lightweight, I would almost say it was flimsy. Still it weighed 1700gr.

100% lamb's Nappa leather, low-end quality storebrand.

Weighed myself without and with the jacket. 74,3 kg without, 75,0 kg with.
It's lined, but without wadding.

Size international S, but real between S and M.

Yeah, it’s not going to work for me. Went back to the eBay listing and looked at the measurement pictured there, 22 or 22.5 inches, same as my other denim jackets. This jacket I measure to 23.6...
It was from a seller in the US so I’m hesitant to send it back due to the postage costs. Anyone have advice on best options? Resell or try to return it?

I would resell it. Sending it back to the US would cost a lot and I'm not too fond of sending stuff internationally nowadays, with lockdowns and all that crap going on. They might decide on a whim to stop all mail from one country to another, as they did last spring. Also, people can't measure P2P worth crap.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I would resell it. Sending it back to the US would cost a lot and I'm not too fond of sending stuff internationally nowadays, with lockdowns and all that crap going on. They might decide on a whim to stop all mail from one country to another, as they did last spring. Also, people can't measure P2P worth crap.

Definitely. Seller probably didn’t lay it flat or stretch it or anything.
Put it up in the classifieds. This should be good for someone in Europe that is a size 44. I’m open to ship internationally as well but yeah.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/wrangler-trucker-sz-44.102538/

dannyk

One Too Many
I'm wearing my '70s pimp coat' View attachment 283964

I just realized I'm wearing a brown jacket with black belt and boots.
I do it all the time. Some people hate it, but it’s all relative. In the modern world there’s hundreds of different shades of black and brown. There’s a hundred different finishes on the leathers. You can totally pull it off. The black belt I wouldn’t do with this outfit. I think the boots look fine with it. Then again with a coat like that, if it’s buttoned up no one will see the belt.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko