What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Monitor

Monitor

I would resell it. Sending it back to the US would cost a lot and I'm not too fond of sending stuff internationally nowadays, with lockdowns and all that crap going on. They might decide on a whim to stop all mail from one country to another, as they did last spring. Also, people can't measure P2P worth crap.

marker2037 and torfjord like this.
  2. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

Definitely. Seller probably didn’t lay it flat or stretch it or anything.
    Put it up in the classifieds. This should be good for someone in Europe that is a size 44. I’m open to ship internationally as well but yeah.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/wrangler-trucker-sz-44.102538/

Boyo likes this.
  3. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

I'm wearing my '70s pimp coat' BE4C5D58-2E82-478C-8F5F-BDEB718B619B.jpeg

I just realized I'm wearing a brown jacket with black belt and boots.

4. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

I do it all the time. Some people hate it, but it’s all relative. In the modern world there’s hundreds of different shades of black and brown. There’s a hundred different finishes on the leathers. You can totally pull it off. The black belt I wouldn’t do with this outfit. I think the boots look fine with it. Then again with a coat like that, if it’s buttoned up no one will see the belt.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Monitor, Boyo, Zoo and 1 other person like this.
  5. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

GW 27752 yesterday in the garage.
    BEE148DA-31A3-407B-95B3-EA18C6877DCD.jpeg

6. casechopper

casechopper My Mail is Forwarded Here

Chevignon

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

Delivered today and I absolutely love it. Thedi buffalo cossack.
    2814C053-2DB1-4ACB-A43E-3981541197C0.jpeg

OTR and it's almost perfect. Only thing I would change if this was a custom build would be the body length. I would like it 1' shorter.

I love it. This is another reminder of how good Thedi's really are.

8. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

This gold label Brooks just arrived off of eBay. Grain is crazy good. Fit is perfect imo. I needed this after the oversized wrangler.
    But damn. Every time I find some cheap and amazing vintage thing I feel so stupid with the amount of expensive high end jackets that I’ve bought. Cause this is just as nice if not nicer than many jackets I have and have had that cost more than 5 times as much. 5C32FCEC-B8A1-4B45-B81D-2C150A5DBA9A.jpeg C7404538-7085-4634-AAB6-C8DDC74D97B9.jpeg 20803AC8-C339-407A-AD72-B0377993CA3E.jpeg A707417C-6663-4E74-8D79-77D56901C42E.jpeg A37D82ED-E146-49DA-80C9-E41525F57D4A.jpeg

9. Berto

Berto One of the Regulars

Love it.

I am eagerly waiting for Field Leathers cossack new launch.

marker2037 and Marc mndt like this.
  10. Monitor

Monitor

That's a madly low price,
    That is awesome and yeah, stuff like that makes me not wanna buy anything new anymore and like, ever.

Zoo, torfjord and Turnip like this.
  11. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

Nice
    Really nice
    :)

Marc mndt likes this.
  12. ton312

ton312

Damn man!!! That is exceptional!!!!

torfjord likes this.
  13. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Congratulations! Beautiful jacket, IMO perfect fit and body length looks good to me but tastes are different and I also like the flap pocket design! If I hadn't a shawl collar jacket already, this would be my choice!

Berto and Marc mndt like this.
  14. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Practically Family

I got one in the caramel/mustard color that Terry flagged for me. It's awesome . The wind flap is kind of weird looking imo (is more two toned on the light brown) when wearing with zipper open. Thinking about cutting it out, but the fit is just about perfect. I had a tailor cut out the biswing elastic because it was worthless after decades and a lot of the material was bunching up behind the arm pit. Instead he stitched it up a little bit to tighten. It fits me just as good as anything I paid $800+ for.

Zoo, Marc mndt and torfjord like this.
  15. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

Jacket delivery day is the best day :).
    Real nice all around, haven’t seen flap pockets on this style before and I like it. I do agree that an inch shorter would make it even better though might be that the angle of the photo exaggerates the length.

red devil likes this.
  16. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I've said this before but a good Brooks cafe racer to my eye looks superior to any high end Buco or cafe racer knock off from any artisan maker. They aren't all that well made, the leather is thin, the lining synthetic, the stitching often errant, but that's the reason I like leather jackets right there.

handymike, ton312 and torfjord like this.
  17. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

I have the exact same feeling.

Thanks buddy!

It is definitely thin, thinner even than the other Brooks I had that was too big for me. But there’s something about it. It feels like a leather jacket should feel.

Monitor likes this.
  18. ton312

ton312

Somehow Brooks tailoring remains largely unrivaled for a CR. Between Brooks and Bates...it’s a coin toss. They just knew how to cut them.

19. Monitor

Monitor

Cal for me. One with the gussets. Best CR ever made. Ever!

JMax and ton312 like this.
  20. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Fair enough but I love light weight leather so Brooks wins for me.