What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Monitor

Monitor

Brooks is a close second for me. They're essentially the same, just that Cal doesn't have the big action back and has a more shaped silhouette while Brooks is straight but otherwise it's a stellar jacket. That I don't have.

2. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

3. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

It's a different company that owns the name and the patterns.

Nice people and looks like good value. Jamie the owner posted here a couple of time and I've spoken to him off line.

The jackets are slightly different in detail and hardware. And a way heavier 3.5oz hide. There are two version of this one now. Frankly I miss the lighter steer-hide and the teardrop talon chest zips.

Psant25 likes this.
  4. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

I don't know about your other (high end) jackets, the ones I've seen look just as great. But this one does look ridiculously cool. Congrats!

torfjord likes this.
  5. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

I wasn't sure about the flap pockets either. They do resemble the baracuta g9. But now that I've actually worn it, I think those flap pockets look just fine.
    I'm on a one in one out regime now so I sold this RRL cossack to make room for this Thedi.
    22FC7856-CE2C-44DD-A237-7995D8CA6996.jpeg
    Now my girlfriend tells me she liked the RRL better. Of course, in terms of quality the RRL is no match for the Thedi. But I think I do like the length of the rrl better. The rrl was 24'. The Thedi is 25'.
    Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it...

6. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I think we've also solved the Bradley Cooper jacket mystery!
    Great looking jacket @torfjord!

torfjord and Marc mndt like this.
  7. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Just back from Johnson Leather is my LW CHP. It went in for a zipper replacement but while it was there it also got a makeover with a brand new removable shearling collar.
    BD5ABD64-70CA-4DC1-9646-352ED7DFD135.jpeg
    AA8B5176-3B6E-4CD4-B878-C98CA8858A91.jpeg
    The new YKK zipper works perfectly and I love the look of the natural mouton.

8. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

Looks great man!

El Marro likes this.
  9. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

My Cal CR is much lighter than my Cal LAPDs. Not sure if it’s as light as a Brooks, but it may be close enough for you to give one a try.

10. Lebowski

Lebowski This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.

That shown above RRL had almost ideal proportions for your frame Marc, so that's what your girlfriend's statement might be caused from. It did fit you great. Love its pointy collar and pointy acute-angled pockets, the whole jacket looked very well balanced all-in-all and was really nice designed with perfectly made proportions for that whole pattern all around, the jacket length incl. It had lots of historically correct key features. Looked great on you indeed.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Marc mndt likes this.
  11. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man One Too Many

A Saturday AM Harley run into the Swan Valley north east of Perth CBD. Closest "wine region" to the city.
    Occasion my good riding mate's 90th birthday run , as the day of his birthday the heavens had opened !
    His is the red Harley Ultra trike in the parked line-up.
    10c start , 23C on the return leg , requiring a jacket at the warmer end of the spectrum.
    So Schott 641HH café racer today , quilted lining and no vents , perfect for the job today.
    Photo not taken by me (obviously) we have just parked up.

Schott 641HH Swan valley November 28th 2 2020.jpg

Alby's 90th run 3.jpg

Alexlutov, Jarman, El Marro and 11 others like this.
  12. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

13. Ticklishchap

Ticklishchap One Too Many

I fully agree with you. It matches my experience: I would add to that Indian and African friends here in the UK. A lot of it is because of the obsession with levelling down and ‘anti-elitism’ - and the way in which politicians of all parties now favour the most poorly educated.

14. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

Looks spot-on, Marc!

Yes, length is a question of personal preference, but it sure doesn’t look to long, let alone odd.

Marc mndt likes this.
  15. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

Grumpy and tired after a not-so-hot week.

Scenic view from the gas station with Aero “Premier” Bootlegger.

D4747CE0-7E03-451D-9E08-610D4B593926.jpeg

16. Berto

Berto One of the Regulars

Flap pockets are nice in a Cossack.
    Perhaps looks better to me with 45 angled and more centered.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  17. Monitor

Monitor

18. ton312

ton312

I wonder if that’s the collar they had originally made for my Cal that I declined b/c it overpowered the jacket?! It doesn’t overpower the LW but the cal I had was not nearly as stout. Looks fantastic! Didn’t look right on this Cal:
    ADD03C8A-59D0-47D2-9C17-B9D6DB53E555.jpeg

19. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Nice jacket. Pretty sure the previous owner is a STUD. The collar does overpower it though.

El Marro and ton312 like this.
  20. indigoeagle

indigoeagle One of the Regulars

The RRL has the shorter vintage fit of say a type 1 denim jacket from the 30s or 40s.
    It looks great.
    But the Thedi also fits you very well.
    And the RRL has the distressed leather, while the Thedi is not, so it's also a question of taste with that.
    Both excellent leather jackets.

By the way, where did you get the shearling pimp coat from?
    Does it keep you warm in very cold weather? It looks so.

Marc mndt likes this.