Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Lobo Rojo

New in Town
Outback Trading Oilskin Bush Ranger

IMG_0654.JPG

This was acquired on the most recent incarnation of 'Maxwell Street', on Des Plaines north of Roosevelt. From "The Sweater Guy," who... only sold sweaters. Proper wool ones. Like $5 each or something nuts, off of a folding plastic table. Maybe 7 years ago? Used to go every Sunday & hit Rubi's for Quesadillas, my friends called it "going to church."
Man it’s been so long since I’ve been down that way. I lived at Peoria and Randolph for years. There’s a great Mexican joint Perez right there. I could tell a funny story about how I nearly burnt it to the ground. The furthest south I’d go was Roosevelt for the massive Target and Dominicks for groceries. Maybe 3 years ago I was down around St. Ig College prep. The neighborhood has really changed. I remember Madison Ave being loaded with hookers from Damen all the way to Austin driving to work... All condos and LA Tan on Halsted now. Greek town seemed to shrink. Need to hit up Taylor street one of these days. Can’t imagine it’s faired too well given the circumstances. Man I miss living in the real Chicago. Ravenswood area might as well be Lincolnwood with a tiny hint of hot sauce.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
My recently arrived (last night!) Leather trucker. Fits slightly "big" so will join the "winter" roster for layering if required.
Made by '57 Heavy in goat I am reliably told. Busy surf school in the background ( school summer holidays here y'see !)
No country of origin/manufacture to be found.....
Bought used ex-UK

Leather trucker Trigg 1.jpg

Leather trucker 5.jpg

Motocann

One Too Many

Motocann

One Too Many
Aero Type III in Rust Goat Suede....the rust goat suede is the nicest leather I've handled from Aero so far...I've handled pretty much all of their leathers and trusted Ken from Aero in this case. He said that he made the first jacket out of rust goat for himself since about 20 years (if I remember correctly) as this is his favorite leather in his portfolio. I'm just not yet sure if I'm a trucker jacket kind of person and if I should let it go and order another jacket of their wonderful rust goat!

View attachment 294433

View attachment 294434
That's a beautiful Trucker jacket. It looks good on you, you should keep it. IMHO, The only thing that I would change about the fit are the sleeves. Truckers should have slimmer sleeves.

antoine p

One of the Regulars
Man it’s been so long since I’ve been down that way. I lived at Peoria and Randolph for years. There’s a great Mexican joint Perez right there. I could tell a funny story about how I nearly burnt it to the ground. The furthest south I’d go was Roosevelt for the massive Target and Dominicks for groceries. Maybe 3 years ago I was down around St. Ig College prep. The neighborhood has really changed. I remember Madison Ave being loaded with hookers from Damen all the way to Austin driving to work... All condos and LA Tan on Halsted now. Greek town seemed to shrink. Need to hit up Taylor street one of these days. Can’t imagine it’s faired too well given the circumstances. Man I miss living in the real Chicago. Ravenswood area might as well be Lincolnwood with a tiny hint of hot sauce.
That part of the west loop has changed so dramatically, really wild. I guess a ton of the property there is owned by sterling bay who is running the new “lincoln yards” development, I assume they pushed a lot of it. I’m on Halsted, south of archer...
What was your JP Graziano’s order?

DrMacabre

One of the Regulars
That's a beautiful suede jacket. It doesn't look like Schott leather. Where did you purchase that?
I found it on Ebay in the UK, based on what i've seen, it's supposed to be 70/80's. There was a similar jacket in a lighter shade for sale some time ago here. You can still see the pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR