Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Angel

One of the Regulars
Finally I received the Engelbert Vanek black horsehide jacket - leather quality is much better than expected (very soft touch and supple and heaviness in between FQHH CXL and Freewheelers Shinki HH I would say but I'm not sure if it is chrome tanned or veg tanned but I bet it is chrome tanned), construction is very good, craftmanship is as good as Aero I would say (or better depending on who is making the jacket at Aero), lining quality feels quite good and is thicker compared to Aero standard lining. The fit of the jacket is perfect IMO (I'm wearing a long-sleeved shirt). The only "issue" is the length of the jacket as I usually prefer it longer but I guess it isn't too short (historical patterns were so short). I'm still thinking whether to keep it or let it go...tough decision.
P.S. I should have worn a black belt but forgot it for first fit pics.
View attachment 299098

View attachment 299099

View attachment 299100

It looks great on you! And you just told me the maker of a jacket that I've had for some time. I also thought it might be horsehide but was not sure, great leather! Will try to post a picture.
Wear it and keep it!

Attachments

• 20210108_193151.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 407
Finally I received the Engelbert Vanek black horsehide jacket - leather quality is much better than expected (very soft touch and supple and heaviness in between FQHH CXL and Freewheelers Shinki HH I would say but I'm not sure if it is chrome tanned or veg tanned but I bet it is chrome tanned), construction is very good, craftmanship is as good as Aero I would say (or better depending on who is making the jacket at Aero), lining quality feels quite good and is thicker compared to Aero standard lining. The fit of the jacket is perfect IMO (I'm wearing a long-sleeved shirt). The only "issue" is the length of the jacket as I usually prefer it longer but I guess it isn't too short (historical patterns were so short). I'm still thinking whether to keep it or let it go...tough decision.
View attachment 299098

View attachment 299099

View attachment 299100

PLEASE don't let go of this jacket! All of your jackets are very high-end but this one not only stands up to anything in your wardrobe, but it's possibly the best fitting piece you got, in my humble opinion. Or rather my favorite. And noticeably so! Not to mention that I cannot decide whether the jacket fits you better zipped or unzipper. This is another level altogether! I'm a huge Vanek fan and I had no clue they're capable of this!

Also, first thing that came to my mind was WW2 era photos of Luftwaffe pilots. The jacket fits you EXACTLY like that - Something that no actual reproduction ever managed to achieve to such an extent.

I'm glad these guys are getting the exposure they deserve, and FINALLY at that! Let's get some business their way!

Reposting my Vanek, an actual cop issued jacket from the 70's I believe.

SONY-DSC.jpg

SONY-DSC.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 299098

View attachment 299099

View attachment 299100

Perfect in every way! Not a jacket you'll see coming your direction anywhere, let alone on here. I'd keep that gem if I were you and it fit the way it does.

I reached out to them via e-mail about 2 weeks back - no response so far. If anyone has better information on how to get a hold of them, please DM me. Thanks

Now THIS is an awesome gesture! With all Monitor has been through in the past year - it's great that folks on here are showing care & concern. Especially for one who is an over-the-top jacket addict! :)

It feels and looks like a million bucks, plus for once in my life, with the mouton & the belt, I finally have a full CHP set. This pretty much makes the Chopper redundant.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
@ALL Thanks so much for your positive feedback. I've just compared again the leather thickness and TBH the thickness and heaviness of the leather is similar to CX FQHH from Aero /SB but I'm tempted to say that I like this leather more. I'm just glad that I took the risk and bought it for tiny 250€ for an almost new jacket. I really don't understand why don't have as much business as Aero...I think they simply don't know that there is a market even if it is a niche market or they think of themselves that they cannot compete with other well known makers. They should create an Instagram account and start making and posting jackets. I guess they also make traditional leather wear, at least what I've seen on Facebook.

@red devil How much do they charge for a new one? Which jacket style and leather did you choose? Any info on the leather (thickness, tannery, etc.)? Waiting time obviously is very short.

@torfjord Yes, I agree with you, Vanek should be standard for many of us there as the quality is quite high. I only found them on Facebook and their phone number is +43 7474 224

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@ALL Thanks so much for your positive feedback. I've just compared again the leather thickness and TBH the thickness and heaviness of the leather is similar to CX FQHH from Aero /SB but I'm tempted to say that I like this leather more. I'm just glad that I took the risk and bought it for tiny 250€ for an almost new jacket. I really don't understand why don't have as much business as Aero...I think they simply don't know that there is a market even if it is a niche market or they think of themselves that they cannot compete with other well known makers. They should create an Instagram account and start making and posting jackets. I guess they also make traditional leather wear, at least what I've seen on Facebook.

@red devil How much do they charge for a new one? Which jacket style and leather did you choose? Any info on the leather (thickness, tannery, etc.)? Waiting time obviously is very short.

@torfjord Yes, I agree with you, Vanek should be standard for many of us there as the quality is quite high. I only found them on Facebook and their phone number is +43 7474 224

Mine is a second hand one as well. same as @Monitor in grey. Wanted to have it in hand before trying to contact them :)

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 299098

View attachment 299099

View attachment 299100
Keep it. It is perfekt.
Vanek is also on my list

Fonzie

One Too Many
View attachment 299098

View attachment 299099

View attachment 299100
That's definitely one of your coolest and best fitting ones in an impressive collection of super cool and great fitting jackets, congrats!

Pandemic

One Too Many
PLEASE don't let go of this jacket! All of your jackets are very high-end but this one not only stands up to anything in your wardrobe, but it's possibly the best fitting piece you got, in my humble opinion. Or rather my favorite. And noticeably so! Not to mention that I cannot decide whether the jacket fits you better zipped or unzipper. This is another level altogether! I'm a huge Vanek fan and I had no clue they're capable of this!

Also, first thing that came to my mind was WW2 era photos of Luftwaffe pilots. The jacket fits you EXACTLY like that - Something that no actual reproduction ever managed to achieve to such an extent.

I'm glad these guys are getting the exposure they deserve, and FINALLY at that! Let's get some business their way!

Reposting my Vanek, an actual cop issued jacket from the 70's I believe.

SONY-DSC.jpg

SONY-DSC.jpg

All around excellence. What is on your shirt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21