Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

I don't recall when was the last time anyone's leather jacket got such universal praise & admiration outside of a dedicated thread. @Robbie79, I'd say this pretty much settles the matter & takes care of any doubts you may have.

If you think Vanek's jacket is cool, you gotta see their trousers! Leather lined pocket, removable kidney panel, integrated belt, doubled layers of leather, fully moleskin lined...

20210108-220524.jpg

20210108-220817.jpg

20210108-220839.jpg

Bring back the long hair @Monitor , suits you nicely!

In the process, actually. :)

All around excellence. What is on your shirt?

Hahaha, thanks. Pin-up art of a girl in a bikini. Something about Hawaii written next to her. Friend gave me this shirt but I kind of like it.

JCSD

Practically Family
Finally I received the Engelbert Vanek black horsehide jacket - leather quality is much better than expected (very soft touch and supple and heaviness in between FQHH CXL and Freewheelers Shinki HH I would say but I'm not sure if it is chrome tanned or veg tanned but I bet it is chrome tanned), construction is very good, craftmanship is as good as Aero I would say (or better depending on who is making the jacket at Aero), lining quality feels quite good and is thicker compared to Aero standard lining. The fit of the jacket is perfect IMO (I'm wearing a long-sleeved shirt). The only "issue" is the length of the jacket as I usually prefer it longer but I guess it isn't too short (historical patterns were so short). I'm still thinking whether to keep it or let it go...tough decision.
P.S. I should have worn a black belt but forgot it for first fit pics.
View attachment 299098

View attachment 299099

View attachment 299100
Fit is spot on. Short but suits the style perfectly IMO.

Fonzie

One Too Many
It’s been said many times on the forum how cool the collar is on the Eastman Californian. I totally agree and have to add that the veg tan leather that they use is my favorite second only to RMC Shinki. I see another Eastman in my near future.

View attachment 299230
The Californian ELMC is a great jacket, my Havana brown is probable my favourite in my collection.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
In response to Dr Macabre beautiful suede Levi’s trucker, here is my black cowhide trucker of the same ilk. Two releases in recent years, earlier iteration had buttons, later iteration had snaps. The buttons are nice, but that top button is challenging. :) View attachment 299199 View attachment 299200
got the same jacket couple days ago via Ebay. think I got a good deal on it as I've seen most selling in $350-400 range.
Mine is buffalo though. I moved the buttons on the sleeves to make them taper more and it was like just a smidge baggy, so dunked it in water and put it in the dryer. Absolutely perfect now. I'll post some pics tomorrow Might be the best bang for buck jacket I've ever bought. Was seriously looking at other higher end like 5x the cost brands and I am totally satisfied. Not anything like thick horsehide leather by any means, but does the job and accomplishes the look.

Bahabp100

Practically Family
Some not great pictures of me wearing the five star 5* thedi/RRL/Cidu/Five * mashup today . My first properly tailored jacket and first Frankenstein-Jacket attempt . Made of Premium distressed conic goat by Shawn. It feels nice and better than the stock brown distressed on my trucker and that’s a little spongy but it’s breaks in good like in a month or so
25C91FBD-7B2A-4B5F-B735-258DCFDD53C0.jpeg
CDF607CA-71BC-441B-A509-65E41B60A587.jpeg

Last edited:

JCSD

Practically Family
Thanks! This is my gateway for a proper engineer! Love how easy to slip it on and off! it is a benzein chelsea cloe cigar horse rump. Got more pics at the boots thread
I love the ease of Chelsea boots and am also looking to make the move to Engineers. Used to wear a pair of Frye decades ago in college when they still made a decent pair.

Alexlutov

A-List Customer
Finally I received the Engelbert Vanek black horsehide jacket - leather quality is much better than expected (very soft touch and supple and heaviness in between FQHH CXL and Freewheelers Shinki HH I would say but I'm not sure if it is chrome tanned or veg tanned but I bet it is chrome tanned), construction is very good, craftmanship is as good as Aero I would say (or better depending on who is making the jacket at Aero), lining quality feels quite good and is thicker compared to Aero standard lining. The fit of the jacket is perfect IMO (I'm wearing a long-sleeved shirt). The only "issue" is the length of the jacket as I usually prefer it longer but I guess it isn't too short (historical patterns were so short). I'm still thinking whether to keep it or let it go...tough decision.
P.S. I should have worn a black belt but forgot it for first fit pics.
View attachment 299098

View attachment 299099

View attachment 299100
WOW that's perfect!!!

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Vanson perforated Comet today. First thing this morning even this was too hot ! 26C overnight 34C max.
With a "cool change" front coming, down to 28C max tomorrow , that brings humidity and hence the grey sky.
(I would probably have been more comfortable in a denim jacket today !)
This shot was after the "Captain sensible pale Ale" before the lunch burger.

Vanson perforated Comet Mullaloo.jpg

DrMacabre

One of the Regulars
Hello everyone,

Today i'm wearing the B-10 flight jacket from Bronson. I'm a bit disappointed about this one, the tanker jacket was a very good fit and really heavy so after looking at the size chart, the little difference between the 2 jackets didn't seem to be a big deal but this jacket is much smaller and also feels much lighter. Might be a good idea to take a size up if you plan to put some layers under it. Mother nature gave me extremely long arms which doesn't help in this case :(
I'm glad i got it half price on Vinted.

EDIT : something i just figured, the lining slips into the sleeves and end up all around the wrist which is very annoying

_MG_3859_Luminar4-edit.jpg

_MG_3868_Luminar4-edit.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ