Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

New to me Y2 type II. Courtesy of @ton312
View attachment 299527

As compared to my original Levi's type II, it feels a bit long for the style. Apart from that the fit is great for layering.

Anyway my gf said "hey that's a nice jacket". Which means this is a keeper :)

Looks great! And yeah, that's a rare praise, one I've heard like twice in many years. I still have the jacket that earned it.

Cornelius

Practically Family
Grettings from Hamburg habour. Wearing an Aero B-6, Nigel Cabourn Sweater and thick corduroy trousers.

Have a nice weekend and stay healthy.

Gancho
View attachment 299436

Nice. Even after all the gentrification of the past 20 years, something about shots of the Hamburg harbor still reminds me of '70s underworld Euro films like "The American Friend", "The Passenger", or nearly anything from Fassbinder.

Der.amerikanische.Freund.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Lol, but you've had 53 the exact same jackets like that, how's it not your style? Looks great, fits great!

So to clarify, this is only #47 so far of the "cross zip style..."

Actually who really knows? I know I have not kept track. Probably should have but might get a bit depressed. :eek:

In any event the Johnson shipped out this afternoon headed to it's new owner. Less than 90 minuites elapsed time at my home. Does not take me long these days to decide if it's a keeper or not. :cool:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Yes. They are still operating. I have been to one of their factories in Kewanee, IL. For some time, until recently, they had a "factory store" there, however it seems to be closed now.

Their older products - such as your nice CR, are pretty decent. Newer ones were iffy in terms of quality.

Riu

Practically Family
Ha! Now that’s a great question. You won’t believe the answer when you see it.

I have some custom jacket designs I made some time ago and I was wondering who made that jacket. I wanted to get into making custom leather jackets, I even bought an industrial sewing machine and started to mess around with some leather, then life happened and now it just sits in a garage and bugs me that I never got around to do it properly.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I have some custom jacket designs I made some time ago and I was wondering who made that jacket. I wanted to get into making custom leather jackets, I even bought an industrial sewing machine and started to mess around with some leather, then life happened and now it just sits in a garage and bugs me that I never got around to do it properly.
thanks
why don't you send the picture of your jacket design to 5* now man :). as for my own jacket I doodled it and and I bought the hide online from local tannery somewhere in east java region where I live 1.5mm vegtan cow for the body and 2mm for the cuff and patch pockets, also bought the twist toggles online, and I commission local leather workshop in my city to make it. I happen to live 5mins drive from them.
Upocket-biker01navetsea.jpg
so far since I joined this forum I commission them 1 jacket/ year or so.. so far from 7 yrs here I only accumulated 7 jackets, which is incredibly minimalistic:).

I've said it before, and I say it again now, if anyone interested to try this jacket design out (or any of my drawings I shared here) feel free to use the drawing, maybe modify it ( my own jacket is a bit modified from the drawing already my cuff is taller), and then bring it to 5* or elsewhere, for personal use I give my permission always.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk