Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Too cold to play dress up up with leather jackets and or vintage clothing today. Heavy duty goretex and fleece combo. Not the lightest gear but almost indestructible .
29D6A768-B124-4871-91DE-E98E0CA4BBDF.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
You guys and your early grey-ing. If only I could be so lucky. I see the same barber as @ton312 haha. I mean he’s also a few years older than me and I have no clue when his started. But I had a full luxurious head of hair and at 23 it just started receding like crazy. By 25 it was thinning like crazy. By 27 I was buzzing or shaving my head. From 28 to now 34 I’ve done nothing but shave it every few days.
I once shaved my head completely bald 15 yrs ago or so after graduated university and became aware of how lopsided my ears are, the reason i always get strange looking jawline in all my legal documents mugshots i think the photographers just use my ears as guide i remember many time photographers who took it always say turn your head to the left while i thought already staring straight at the camera but followed his instruction anyway, i got to wear crosszip to balance it out if i would wear my hair short now.

jeo

One Too Many
I dyed my hair since highschool, early greying in the genes:(
I started graying in high-school too but I honestly never for a second saw it as a negative thing.

Haha same here! I started getting gray when I was 18. Now at 36 it's a pretty consistent salt'n'pepper with some places more white than dark. I never once considered dyeing my hair.

You guys and your early grey-ing. If only I could be so lucky. I see the same barber as @ton312 haha. I mean he’s also a few years older than me and I have no clue when his started. But I had a full luxurious head of hair and at 23 it just started receding like crazy. By 25 it was thinning like crazy. By 27 I was buzzing or shaving my head. From 28 to now 34 I’ve done nothing but shave it every few days.

That's why I never complain about my gray hair!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Haha same here! I started getting gray when I was 18. Now at 36 it's a pretty consistent salt'n'pepper with some places more white than dark. I never once considered dyeing my hair.

That's why I never complain about my gray hair!

Bald head is the best hairstyle ever. I've been wearing it for almost 25 years. a beautiful face needs space. lol
Gray or not gray, I always didn't care.

Weirdest thing... Last year, my hair was like... I was sure it won't last till winter 2020. Thinning on top so much that even if it grew longer, I could still see my scalp in daylight. It was like 3 times what it used to be. Figured that was it. Didn't really mind, I dig the bald look anyway. And then gradually it all returned back to the way it always was before. I had a pretty crap year so I guess it could've been stress or something, though I don't feel I was particularly stressed out but still. Just strange.
Yesterday evening I was trying to fix my hair around the ears and one of the extensions flew right out off the clipper so I ended up shaved a good chunk of hair on a side down to 1mm. Figured oh well, I guess it's time to reset it anyway but while shaving the rest of the side, I randomly began humming "Rock the Casbah" and turned the clipper off once the sides were gone. Strummer was never wrong, so...

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Couple fit pics request:

@Bfd70

This is a size 42L, IMO it fits almost one size smaller than the Californian with the same tag size.
Length is still pretty short for a Long size.
The most impressive bit of this jacket is the lining, it's a very nice wool quilt, super thick and warm but very breathable, i really like it. The leather is underwhelming, super thin and not much character but it makes the jacket pretty comfortabel to wear. Good range of movement, better than the Californian.

sOGXiY9.jpg

XRiKuwA.jpg

YoryQr0.jpg

@Monitor

Size 44, objectively one size too big for me but i think i can get away with it.
The shoulders and chest are good, but the arms and bottom hem are a bit baggy.
In a perfect world i would want a custom 44 upper taperign down to a 42 bottom hem, but it's not a jacket i am ready to spend custom money on, so this one is here to stay, it is close enough.
If i see a 42L with a Crown i would buy it and sell this one, but untill then i am happy with this one.

zrgUy6v.jpg

wMX71OB.jpg

5UERie6.jpg

Bonus Tree shot:

VJrZkPE.jpg

@Carlos840 , as much as I wish it was the other way around, I have to admit I actually prefer the look & the fit of the Roadhouse. Faith in what was once my favorite LW style completely restored. Actually looks on you exactly how I imagined it'd be, when I was looking at the photos on the LW's site. Which didn't really say much about this style at all. Either way, badass, cool and even if it was a size smaller, don't suppose you'd benefit much from it. Can you even unbutton those pockets, tho? They look sturdy af.

Eastman is very nice too but... Does sort of fade into second place, compared to the Roadhouse. To me, I mean.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
@Carlos840 , as much as I wish it was the other way around, I have to admit I actually prefer the look & the fit of the Roadhouse. Faith in what was once my favorite LW style completely restored. Actually looks on you exactly how I imagined it'd be, when I was looking at the photos on the LW's site. Which didn't really say much about this style at all. Either way, badass, cool and even if it was a size smaller, don't suppose you'd benefit much from it. Can you even unbutton those pockets, tho? They look sturdy af.

Eastman is very nice too but... Does sort of fade into second place, compared to the Roadhouse. To me, I mean.

Nice, glad i could be of assistance!
Funny you mention the pockets, i have not yet been able to open them.
I tried, but i am scared i will rip the button off and i really don't want to have to fix a pocket button like that.
Honestly, these pockets are IMO mostly visual, they are not thick enough to put much, maybe a cell phone and some id papers, but you can't put much in them (i have a similar one on the B-2, never use it, even when i can get it open)

I'm glad it was an interior pocket, that's much easier to deal with.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
This is a size 42L, IMO it fits almost one size smaller than the Californian with the same tag size.
Length is still pretty short for a Long size.
The most impressive bit of this jacket is the lining, it's a very nice wool quilt, super thick and warm but very breathable, i really like it. The leather is underwhelming, super thin and not much character but it makes the jacket pretty comfortabel to wear. Good range of movement, better than the Californian.

sOGXiY9.jpg

XRiKuwA.jpg

YoryQr0.jpg

I've tried one of these, a regular 42, last summer. Fit is indeed totally different from the Californian. But unlike yours, the one I tried was much roomier than the Californian. Sleeves were wider as well but also shorter.

I have a feeling that Eastman has tweaked the fit of their jackets over the years. They also tweaked the design. I recently spotted this one on eBay. Notice the buckle side adjusters and the snap on the pocket.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l500.jpg

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up

I don’t get the Roadhouse. Pockets that are so small as to be useless in a weird location. Too high to look lime pockets too low to look like nipples. Take those off and throw on some handwarmers and i like it..

btw @Carlos840 i had to do a double take. I wasn’t sure it was you without the door frame!

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
I've tried one of these, a regular 42, last summer. Fit is indeed totally different from the Californian. But unlike yours, the one I tried was much roomier than the Californian. Sleeves were wider as well but also shorter.

I have a feeling that Eastman has tweaked the fit of their jackets over the years. They also tweaked the design. I recently spotted this one on eBay. Notice the buckle side adjusters and the snap on the pocket.

View attachment 305810 View attachment 305809
Always thought the leathers on elmc jackets are a bit hit or miss. Some look rich and beautiful and some are flat and underwhelming. The californian i tried was really underwhelming and probably the reason why I didnt buy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass