Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I would say this is pretty close to what I’d expect to see with @Marc mndt’s jacket.
View attachment 305581
...and he’ll be good to go out in the rain too.
152FDD5E-B666-4B81-AFE9-7DB1C36224B4.jpeg

A few shades darker and this jacket will look spectacular.

By the way, although this is a Polo Ralph Lauren jacket, quality is 10 times better than anything RRL I've handled. At 2kg it's pretty heavy too (for cowhide).

Last edited:

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Damn. I think I finally found my jacket.
View attachment 305606 View attachment 305607
Gusset and V yoke look really good with the halfbelt.
But I wonder whether it looks good without the halfbelt, or whether the proportions no longer fit? Maybe it is too much?
I ordered a Sheene with v yoke, but without a kidney panel. And because of the gussets I'm thinking about it.
Maybe I should switch to the jacket "Tony" lol

Are you saying this is your 'exit jacket'?
LOL! I’ll sooner have a thick mane of hair resting on my shoulders.

Damn, that’s nice!!

Do you think the color comes across accurately? Looks superb! The big Q is now how it will develop.My midnight blue HWM is pretty much “pigeon grey” by now. I love it, but it’s nothing like when it was new.
I’d say in these pics it looks more blue than it does in person. I just see a green jacket when I take it out of the closet. It’s a blue/green but more green in my eyes.

Gusset and V yoke look really good with the halfbelt.
But I wonder whether it looks good without the halfbelt, or whether the proportions no longer fit? Maybe it is too much?
I ordered a Sheene with v yoke, but without a kidney panel. And because of the gussets I'm thinking about it.
Maybe I should switch to the jacket "Tony" lol
It works perfectly without the HB too! I think 90% of my Aero orders have had the yoke and gussets, regardless of the Halfbelt or not. Just shapes the back really well. Getting a decent shot of the back is hard.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
This one is amazing too!!!

Between your Cordovan and Tons Midnight Blue, my next Aero order is killing me inside.

I swear I’m gonna end up asking them do split it down the middle and give me half Cordovan half midnight blue

I actually really wonder how a Cordovan / Dark Blue two-tone jacket would work out? Say on a J-106 or King of the Road? Perhaps it would be really cool...

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Wear it to shovel tomorrow morning . 9” of wet snow. The break in process will be complete.

Hope you all actually get that. Weather.gov has cut our forecast back to mostly rain, a little sleet, and then 1-4 " of snow. Oh well. we already have enough laying around here.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It works perfectly without the HB too! I think 90% of my Aero orders have had the yoke and gussets, regardless of the Halfbelt or not. Just shapes the back really well. Getting a decent shot of the back is hard.

Thank you very much.
You had told me that before, I just wasn't sure whether that always referred to halfbelts or not ;)
Thanks.

dannyk

One Too Many
You guys and your early grey-ing. If only I could be so lucky. I see the same barber as @ton312 haha. I mean he’s also a few years older than me and I have no clue when his started. But I had a full luxurious head of hair and at 23 it just started receding like crazy. By 25 it was thinning like crazy. By 27 I was buzzing or shaving my head. From 28 to now 34 I’ve done nothing but shave it every few days.

You guys and your early grey-ing. If only I could be so lucky. I see the same barber as @ton312 haha. I mean he’s also a few years older than me and I have no clue when his started. But I had a full luxurious head of hair and at 23 it just started receding like crazy. By 25 it was thinning like crazy. By 27 I was buzzing or shaving my head. From 28 to now 34 I’ve done nothing but shave it every few days.
Man I was good until about maybe 5 years ago. I still have a decent amount of hair on top but it’s thin! When it gets to be around 1” or so my wife tells me it looks, and I quote “like a cobweb in the corner” and “see through/whispy”. 1/8 on top/ wet shave the sides and back, voila; bald fade. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner