Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Chilling today on Huntington Beach pier in my only fashion jacket - a Dolce & Gabbana take on a racer in kanga hide. Literally chilling - it was 55F and 30 mph wind today, lol. And I thought I am escaping NYC weather, ha!

P1070110.JPG

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Freewheelers Speed Master

View attachment 316887
Looks great, what a fit! Love that chest pocket placement. How does having the zipper on the outer sleeves wear?

L
I love to mix black with brown, I.e. brown jacket black shoes or vice versa. I often wear black jeans with brown boots, I think that the contrast can look great. As long as the outfit is not sloppy you don't look unaware of style you look intentional about it.

Side note: some people think navy and black mixed is not good I tend to disagree. For instance black shoes can look awesome with a navy suit.
Yes, I want to go for that look as well just to break the routine to match the jacket with the boots. I think black and navy works too but I have to try it out for myself with what I have in the closet to see if it works for me lol

It works. Some say black and brown should not mix. This shows it’s possible. There’s just so many shades of black and brown; it’s just about picking the right ones. With the right ones it looks great. Looking good.
Thanks bud. I think it's possible too, just needs playing around with. It's just nice to try something else every now and then.

I prefer brown boots with black jackets. Doesn’t look so serious.
I'll try that next time. I haven't tried that yet but it should work.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Chilling today on Huntington Beach pier in my only fashion jacket - a Dolce & Gabbana take on a racer in kanga hide. Literally chilling - it was 55F and 30 mph wind today, lol. And I thought I am escaping NYC weather, ha!

View attachment 316919

I've been fascinated with kangaroo hides, too bad we don't see them much here.
Looks great! I hope it gets warmer down in SoCal so you can enjoy it more!

View attachment 316919
Sorry we can’t offer better weather this week...Enjoy HB, try to get down to the Crab Cooker in Newport- they have the best red chowder ever!

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
I know, I was hoping to go spiny lobster fishing to Catalina on a friend's boat, but with gale winds and rain that is not going to happen either. I have to check out the Crab Cooker - so many good restaurants here.

JCSD

Practically Family
Looks great, what a fit! Love that chest pocket placement. How does having the zipper on the outer sleeves wear?

L
Yes, I want to go for that look as well just to break the routine to match the jacket with the boots. I think black and navy works too but I have to try it out for myself with what I have in the closet to see if it works for me lol

Thanks bud. I think it's possible too, just needs playing around with. It's just nice to try something else every now and then.

I'll try that next time. I haven't tried that yet but it should work.
Thanks- love that the zippers don’t get in the way.

Riu

Practically Family
The FW and FL in terms of fit is very similar and design wise there are similarities too. I hope you find the best pattern that works with you although you look great wearing cafe racers, maybe an Aero sheene will be something that may interest you or the highwayman/sheene hybrid looks cool as well.

They look great on you! I always liked wearing cafe racers but I also want something more casual. The hybrid actually is a good idea, have to look into it and other options.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
It has been raining hard for days, flash flood warnings, brown water advisory, good to wear a nice jacket as it hovers around 70 F. with pretty strong wind gusts.

This GW Ventura is kind of a design mystery to me. The back measures 23.5 inches yet hangs over my belt similarly to jackets I have that are 26 inches. Nice light weight cow hide drapes comfortably. I don't stare at stitching too much, but this had a few errant stitch holes in the lining next to the facing, and JC put it on his sale page for a nice discount.
IMG_9366.JPG
IMG_9416.JPG
IMG_9423.JPG
IMG_9376.JPG
reverse_view_flat.jpg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
They look great on you! I always liked wearing cafe racers but I also want something more casual. The hybrid actually is a good idea, have to look into it and other options.

Thank you @Riu. That's true plus also nice having a different jacket pattern to mix it up. The hybrid is really cool, I wanted that instead of the premier HWM but I was steered towards it instead. The premier HWM is still a little boxy for me in the midriff.

Thanks- love that the zippers don’t get in the way.
I should really try owning and wearing a jacket with that sleeve configuration. Always thought it's a little too bold for me but it does look cool.

Reactions: Riu

dannyk

One Too Many
Aero B10. Nice and warm, fluffy alpaca lining, lightweight. This might be my new grab 'n go favorite. Thanks for yet another great jacket @torfjord

View attachment 317016
I’ve been looking at some of the cheaper B-10s. Bronson, Bob Dong, used Aeros and Ricksons. Don’t want to spend a ton on this kind of jacket; and they are all tagged sizes not customs; so I figure no need to go big on them. Just haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Sounds like you’re really liking yours which is definitely swaying me.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I’ve been looking at some of the cheaper B-10s. Bronson, Bob Dong, used Aeros and Ricksons. Don’t want to spend a ton on this kind of jacket; and they are all tagged sizes not customs; so I figure no need to go big on them. Just haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Sounds like you’re really liking yours which is definitely swaying me.

Yes, be swayed!

Whenever I decided on a military jacket, I didn´t regret it. I have an A-2, M-422A and an N1. All a pleasure to wear, good for layering and easy to mix with the rest of the outfit. Plus, they have been inspiration for so many civililan jackets, that they never look out of place.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Yes, be swayed!

Whenever I decided on a military jacket, I didn´t regret it. I have an A-2, M-422A and an N1. All a pleasure to wear, good for layering and easy to mix with the rest of the outfit. Plus, they have been inspiration for so many civililan jackets, that they never look out of place.
Schott makes some great nylon flight jackets. Really insulated too. Some of my warmest jackets. I'll take a picture of the one I'm wearing today because I'm going hiking and weather is a little wet for once in Los Angeles.

In the meantime. This might look familiar to you. Leather starting to drape more. It's still a little bit baggy in the mid section around the pocket area, which blows my mind because of the measurements. But I'm starting to like more and more.

s6wFBa2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner