Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Thanks man, much appreciated! I always admired brown cxl and happy to have finally gotten one. I think picking the right hardware finish is really important, like you mentioned it really completes the look. I used to always go for antique brass and I didn't like nickel especially on browns but now I changed my mind. It can really work and elevate the look of the jacket.

Thanks man, I really like how this fits. The only comment I can make is that I wish the cxl they used on the sleeves could be thicker, it stretched a bit after the jacket was completely breaked in.

*For those not in the know the range of motion on these JL's are phenomenal. Over the shoulder/over the head movement has no restriction at all even with a thick leather such as CXL.

Thanks man! That's very kind of you to say.

I would not even notice those fit details if not for members like yourself. I really appreciate you pointing it out. Now that I know that, I can see what you mean in how it looks snug but not too tight. I can only say maybe because I was fitted for this? I prefer trim jackets like yourself so I always tell them to keep it slim.

This is my fave collar out of all my jackets, members have asked about them in the past too which I think is cool.

That gray cowhide looks so cool, I especially like the detail on the upper back. Crazy that's already 4 years old and still looks stiff as a board

clearly make a big difference being measured in person, it clearly shows. yours is perfect. I give my neck around measurement, neck hole width to order form whenever I order, so much important to me haha maybe it's weird I can tolerate different sleeve length or hem length but wanting a tailored neck hole.

thanks, yeah the back panel on this jacket I wear is happily standing on its own, 4 layer of leather if including the upper back pocket thing and there is no real breaking in on that part by wearing, will stay forever new... unless we break in the jacket by make it into ball and sit on it or tumble it several time with tennis balls in a dryer etc.

Last edited:

Riu

Practically Family
grey cow pullup 1.6mm, lately feels very soft on the sleeve after 4yrs.
View attachment 319578 View attachment 319579 View attachment 319580

I dont know exactly what kind of leather this is, they say cow, and to me looks like pull up leather, not very crease happy, but has that feel that overtime it grows darker and suede feel on the elbow, no chipping on the top coat but just get burnished dark along the edges.
View attachment 319581
View attachment 319582
Any guess about this leather look guys? Def not "oil pull" no oil pull effect, but looking like just pullup ?

One of the cowhide samples I wanted to use for a project it's similar to yours in behaviour after a while. This one is waxy leather and it loses its shine properties.

IMG_5284.JPG
IMG_8360.JPG

grey cow pullup 1.6mm, lately feels very soft on the sleeve after 4yrs.
View attachment 319578 View attachment 319579 View attachment 319580

I dont know exactly what kind of leather this is, they say cow, and to me looks like pull up leather, not very crease happy, but has that feel that overtime it grows darker and suede feel on the elbow, no chipping on the top coat but just get burnished dark along the edges.
View attachment 319581
View attachment 319582
Any guess about this leather look guys? Def not "oil pull" no oil pull effect, but looking like just pullup ?

What do you mean by pull up? That's just whatever animal leather without acrylic finish which is what your jacket looks like. That's the leather I vastly prefer.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
One of the cowhide samples I wanted to use for a project it's similar to yours in behaviour after a while. This one is waxy leather and it loses its shine properties.

View attachment 319584 View attachment 319585
yeah it is looking like that, do you get the name of such leather? waxy cowhide is that a name?

What do you mean by pull up? That's just whatever animal leather without acrylic finish which is what your jacket looks like. That's the leather I vastly prefer.
yeah I dunno the name, it is dyed and pigmented I suppose, but not really chipping off, instead it takes darker smoother look around the edges, start off a bit cloudy matte and smooth but with time it gets glossier and darker and grains start showing the elbow feels sueding but when I look I can't see it, still seems smooth , not waterproof, totally soaked in rain, a bit like pull up samples I got in term of feel and texture when new, but without the oily effect( the color doesn't get lighter when I bend the leather), the creases are chunky rolls a bit simplistic looking creases. I wish I know the name of the leather, for now I call it pull-up I dunno:confused:
was looking like this when new 4 years ago
2016-08-12 13.05.15.jpg

2016-08-04 11.17.30.jpg

Last edited:

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
clearly make a big difference being measured in person, it clearly shows. yours is perfect. I give my neck around measurement, neck hole width to order form whenever I order, so much important to me haha maybe it's weird I can tolerate different sleeve length or hem length but wanting a tailored neck hole.

thanks, yeah the back panel on this jacket I wear is happily standing on its own, 4 layer of leather if including the upper back pocket thing and there is no real breaking in on that part by wearing, will stay forever new... unless we break in the jacket by make it into ball and sit on it or tumble it several time with tennis balls in a dryer etc.

Thank you, I'm not sure if that makes any difference in terms of comfort but it does feel good around the neck/collar bone/shoulder area as the weight is evenly distributed. I will pay more attention to that next time I order a made to order jacket. It really does make a difference

Oh man the back panel has 4 layers of Leather? I can only imagine it's like a section of folded seam on an unskived leather like an Aero and those are rigid as a board lol that's crazy thick!

View attachment 319584 View attachment 319585

Okaaaay! Can't wait to see what you up to next!

Riu

Practically Family
thank you, well waxy cowhide it is :) maybe in my case the un buffed version, looks pretty matte and boring at first, seems it gets darker when buffed by wearing, brushing, wiping, etc. over the years

Definitely looks much better now! I like when the leather develops a bit of shine, in your case a lot more :)

Okaaaay! Can't wait to see what you up to next!

Haha, I'm still doing research. I'm not convinced by the sample, I was expecting to develop better creases after playing around with it for some time but seems pretty dull.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
^^
Nice. Perfect outfit for early spring. I like the dark wash jeans too. Is this a Japanese buckle on your belt? Asking because I have a very similar one I got from Japan.

Thanks much! I actually underestimated how cold it still is in the countryside (3 deg. cent.). Still nice and sunny.

Both jeans and belt are IronHeart, so arguably Japanese, yes.
The jeans are their combination weave black/indigo. After two washes, I like them more and more.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I think it is the same buckle I got. Best buckles out there IMO. Regarding jeans, there is nothing better in black x indigo weave when the blue starts to peek through. Very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails